Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #46 of 40,560

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #47 of 40,560
The Appollo X does not seem a good enough flagship to you guys?

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #48 of 40,560
It is fantastically good, just speculating as to what the big announcement is.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #49 of 40,560
Maybe a coupon code for headfiers, some new faceplate/shell options, a t shirt or a cap.
Or maybe a variant of the missing Penta/Legend R/Omega? Or maybe more cable options?

D-11 :popcorn:

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #50 of 40,560
BTW, I don't know if any of you guys went for the Penta when it was still part of Earwerkz line up?
I'm still loving mine after more than 6 months spent with it and it's now kind of a collector's product I own :D

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #51 of 40,560
Coming from the hearing solution business I'm kinda hoping the surprise will be a hearing protection system added to the successful Vang equation. Not a modular one like the ADEL but a (non visible) integrated system with adjustable sound signature filter. If that would be the first added value of Jack's collaboration with his dad, upgrading IEM to a custom will be a no brainer for me. [/daydreaming]

*resumes daydreaming* add a semi-hard shell to that and I'll consider the Athena upgraded version to be my endgame [/daydreaming]

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #52 of 40,560
Coming from the hearing solution business I'm kinda hoping the surprise will be a hearing protection system added to the successful Vang equation. Not a modular one like the ADEL but a (non visible) integrated system with adjustable sound signature filter. If that would be the first added value of Jack's collaboration with his dad, upgrading IEM to a custom will be a no brainer for me. [/daydreaming]

*resumes daydreaming* add a semi-hard shell to that and I'll consider the Athena upgraded version to be my endgame [/daydreaming]

I think they already have something like that on their website

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 40,560
I am the proud owner EE Apollo-x lifestyle for about a month now and I could not be more delighted both with the sound and Jack Vang special attention to all details during the production process. I will be brief now and write a formal review when I return from an upcoming trip to Spain. The product, the company name and CIEM drivers and x-over design were all going thru rigorous evaluations and changes for about a year. But even up to 2 months prior to release date,Jack called and said he is rebuilding my CIEM at his cost because better sonics,, better parts were too good to not implement. I am astounded how slim a profile he was able to achieve with a 10 driver CIEM. Pictures to follow.
thnx Jack

Nick

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #58 of 40,560

By the way, is there a big difference between sound of universals and customs?

In general, no, provided the universal version and custom version are of the same model.

But, as customs are made for one's ears, they can provide better sound isolation than universals.

You'll generally get slightly better extension, especially in the low end in terms of sound different. But yea, its not like going customs is a totally different world of sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back