Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 2, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #21 of 40,587
Nov 2, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #24 of 40,587
As mentioned in the older thread, I've been trying out the Cerberus III for some time, and I must say, it's the best IEM I've ever heard. Crisp and detailed highs, enthralling mids, and beautifully textured bass make these phenomenal buys. A review is to come.

And they look fabulous. Check 'em out -

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #26 of 40,587
We've published an Empire Ears line-up overview at Cymbacavum, as well as a Q&A with Jack. You can check it out here: http://cymbacavum.com/2015/11/02/the-empire-strikes-back-empire-ears-line-up-overview/

A great read, and great things coming from EE.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #27 of 40,587
As mentioned in the older thread, I've been trying out the Cerberus III for some time, and I must say, it's the best IEM I've ever heard. Crisp and detailed highs, enthralling mids, and beautifully textured bass make these phenomenal buys. A review is to come.

They're gorgeous!

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #28 of 40,587
Thanks for the article SGS. The Q&A helped me understand better the Earwerkz to Empire transition.

Would you say that the Apollo's universal shell was more comfortable than the univ Layla/Angie? To me they were an abomination :xf_eek:

The original Legend had 6 BAs? I only know of the Legend R(remastered) and Omega which have 8. I ask because of the section about the Hermes where you mentioned they shared the same count. I was expecting to see that in the Athena section.

3 that caught my interest:
Cerberus III - SGS' description reminds me of the Savant. Would like to compare it to mine.
Spartan IV
Apollo X - put me in the queuing line for any future EU tour!

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #29 of 40,587
All versions of the Legend were 8 drivers. What I meant was that due to driver count, many will wonder how Athena, also 8 drivers compares, but the Hernes signature, while only 6 drivers, is more similar to the Legend R signature. Hopefully that clesrs it up.

Regarding Apollo's housing comfort, yes for me, the Apollo housing is more comfortable. It's also a lot smaller than the JHA Siren housings. The Siren housings, while obscenely large, were comfortable at first for me. The Angie housing gave me some pressure points over long listening sessions and the Apollo does not.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #30 of 40,587
Excellent article. The Apollo and its description and soundstage sounds most satisfying indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back