Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #14,716 of 40,562
Just giving y'all an update - we have had some issues with our latest shipment of EA Ares II cables. We are working with Effect Audio to get a solution as fast as possible but this will cause some delays. We apologize deeply for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding in this matter... please reach out to me via PM or email if I can help y'all out with anything. (devon@empireears.com)

On the upside, this shouldn't affect the start of the US Bravado/ESR tour so WOOHOO for that one! Amirite....?

Hopefully the EE and EA partnership won’t end up like what happened with EE and Asius

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #14,717 of 40,562
Just giving y'all an update - we have had some issues with our latest shipment of EA Ares II cables. We are working with Effect Audio to get a solution as fast as possible but this will cause some delays. We apologize deeply for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding in this matter... please reach out to me via PM or email if I can help y'all out with anything. (devon@empireears.com)

On the upside, this shouldn't affect the start of the US Bravado/ESR tour so WOOHOO for that one! Amirite....?

Thanks for the update Devon. Things happen. Hopefully it will all get set straight soon. That's awesome for the tour. Folks will be blown away by these two. NO way are either an 'entry' level. Just shows what Dean is capable of doing. My wife's Bravado's are just sick sounding. Not quite Phantoms :wink:, but since mine are custom, she will never know the difference, ha....thanks again @flinkenick for advising me early in my process. I'm a blessed guy and I know it.

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #14,718 of 40,562
Just purchased a demo unit Supra II today.

Massive soundstage, flat as a ruler and nice mid-range (very weird and rare combo). Couldn’t say no for $335. Quite different from what I’ve ever heard. It’s like an upgraded RE-400. I wonder if there’s any other Supra II owners in this thread.

DC6283B8-2044-4A8D-A4F7-92BDA3142479.jpeg

@Jack Vang Deja Vu I guess?

Also demo’d the Zeus XR which is the the most transparent and also very balanced IEM I’ve ever listened to (more than the Andromeda). If anyone has both the Zeus XR and the Legend X, you probably have the best IEM combo available.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #14,719 of 40,562
Lots of Zeus' went on the for sale thread when the Legend and the Phantom came out. I bought a Phantom but then sold it; the Zeus, to me, is head and shoulders above it. If you want transparency and detail, and you don't want your iem's sounding like the car next to you at the stoplight with its subwoofer all the way up making the change in your cupholder jingle (joking, no one get all het up), the Zeus is perfect. It doesn't color the music, so it is perceived as bass-light but give it a song with bass and boy is it there. It is miles above my UERM, which I found to be just about perfection. My favorite part of it is when the music gets complicated and a lot of instruments and vocals are happening at the same time, and all those drivers and crossovers are just surrounding you with clear and clean detail. And with the 8-wire Ares ll there is so much room in the soundstage that everything going on is delivered in its own spot.

Of course, if you want musicality and smoothness and bass, the Zeus is not going to be for you.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #14,721 of 40,562
Lots of Zeus' went on the for sale thread when the Legend and the Phantom came out. I bought a Phantom but then sold it; the Zeus, to me, is head and shoulders above it. If you want transparency and detail, and you don't want your iem's sounding like the car next to you at the stoplight with its subwoofer all the way up making the change in your cupholder jingle (joking, no one get all het up), the Zeus is perfect. It doesn't color the music, so it is perceived as bass-light but give it a song with bass and boy is it there. It is miles above my UERM, which I found to be just about perfection. My favorite part of it is when the music gets complicated and a lot of instruments and vocals are happening at the same time, and all those drivers and crossovers are just surrounding you with clear and clean detail. And with the 8-wire Ares ll there is so much room in the soundstage that everything going on is delivered in its own spot.

Of course, if you want musicality and smoothness and bass, the Zeus is not going to be for you.

There’s almost no colour. It’s as clear as water.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #14,722 of 40,562
Glad you're enjoying Zeus so much, olddude, and just as glad it's still part of the EE lineup. It's a unique gem.

Of course LX is more my speed. :D

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #14,723 of 40,562
I took it out of my ears in less than a minute. :)

Too smooth, too musical, too much bass. :)

I kept the Phantom for a month, just couldn't get my head around its signature.

Dif strokes for dif folks. :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #14,724 of 40,562

You are all right about Zeus.

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #14,725 of 40,562

Hi Devon,

I'm considering upgrading from my Spartan IVs at some point and really love their detailed sound signature but would appreciate deeper sub-bass and greater resolution if possible. How would the ESR and Phantom compare in this regard?

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #14,726 of 40,562
Hi Devon,

I'm considering upgrading from my Spartan IVs at some point and really love their detailed sound signature but would appreciate deeper sub-bass and greater resolution if possible. How would the ESR and Phantom compare in this regard?

After getting amp8 to pair with DX200 I would appreciate my CIEMs Spartan IV giving me a sense of happiness. I could have pulled a trigger to buy DX200 Ti this morning but I did not do it since I am so satisfied with what I got right now.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #14,727 of 40,562
hey guys, currently using a campfire atlas and was thinking about switching to a Zeus, Legend X, or Phantom. I mainly listen to EDM. I am not a bass head but I do enjoy bass a lot. I also love love the clarity (ex:andros) but sometimes that clarity makes the sound thin or lean.

I want a warm sound but not too warm, i need clarity and that bass that gives you that oomph and full sound. something that’s energetic and fun, clear, full, big bass (that doesn’t muddle the sound) and overall really lively. i want something that makes me feel the music. what would you say the best one for me is?

and as for what are the differences between the 3? which is the newest one? which is the most popular one? which one does everyone want to get?

thanks! y’all are amazing

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #14,728 of 40,562
2 days ago my Ares II 8 wire (PSquared 2,5 mm plug) arrived. Holy mother.....what a pairing @ Hugo2 !
The listening session today was like a multiple orgasm for my ears…..better said an eargasm or a multiple-3 hour-sweet spot.

The first difference I noticed was the stronger, deeper but also tighter and awsome controlled bass. I always said the Phantom isn’t the best for electronic. Better for classical and instrumental music….but no, hell no! Not true. The Phantom sounds incredible when it comes to bass heavy full breakbeats and dub step beats….or progressive house/techno. Everything sounds booombastic :D ….not as fat and thunderous like the LX (I love it ! Don’t get me wrong !), but more elegant and natural. The bass is definitely there with all its power. The Ares II 8 wire is definitely the best pairing for my linking so far (I tried the Leonidas, Lionheart, Thor Silver II 8 wire and yesterday the standard Ares II).

Phantom_Ares_II8wire_3a.jpg

Yesterday the ibasso Amp8 arrived. Now burning in. Can’t wait to plug the Phantom with the Ares II 8 wire in ….but step by step.

For Phantom/Ares II 8 wire owners who love electronic music just try the following tracks out…

hey guys, currently using a campfire atlas and was thinking about switching to a Zeus, Legend X, or Phantom. I mainly listen to EDM. I am not a bass head but I do enjoy bass a lot. I also love love the clarity (ex:andros) but sometimes that clarity makes the sound thin or lean.

I want a warm sound but not too warm, i need clarity and that bass that gives you that oomph and full sound. something that’s energetic and fun, clear, full, big bass (that doesn’t muddle the sound) and overall really lively. i want something that makes me feel the music. what would you say the best one for me is?

and as for what are the differences between the 3? which is the newest one? which is the most popular one? which one does everyone want to get?

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #14,729 of 40,562

What’s wrong with your brand new Atlas?
What's your preferred music genre?

Edit : forget my second question. EDM is the answer. Overlooked it. Hm... not my kind. But Ooomph, fun, clear... etc. sounds like you could go with the Phantom :) Phantoms sound definitely is full, warm and clear... and has a beautifully controlled and natural so called oooomph... absolutely adorable for all genre. But if you also need the lovely punch of a DD directly into your face with the power of Hulk but also with the precision of a Swiss clockwork ... the LX would be a great choice as well.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #14,730 of 40,562

Heard all three, for pop and EDM, go Legend X.

The two W9 subwoofers will do wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back