Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 4, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #14,536 of 40,582
damn, the right 2 pin connector for the janus D is so hard to insert into the right LX. has to use A LOT of strength to just put it in. wrote to EA and hopefully they could give a solution which doesn't involve me mailing the cables back to them. >.<

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #14,537 of 40,582
which final audio tips are included with legend x, and did anyone try other final audio tips as i see their site has different models

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #14,538 of 40,582
which final audio tips are included with legend x, and did anyone try other final audio tips as i see their site has different models

think its E type

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #14,540 of 40,582
so my Jodi Vac is here , i should have it maybe later today - really eager to see how much it cleans my Zeus

is there any tips on using it , is it easy to use or should i be worried of damaging my ciems by misuse ?

thanx guys
Don't jam it in there. Gentle gentle gentle.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #14,541 of 40,582
damn, the right 2 pin connector for the janus D is so hard to insert into the right LX. has to use A LOT of strength to just put it in. wrote to EA and hopefully they could give a solution which doesn't involve me mailing the cables back to them. >.<
This is an issue with EA cables. My 8-wire on the right side will not go all the way in on my Zeus. The left is fine. When I demo'ed a Phantom at CanJam, I had Jack swap out my 2.5 cable because I was cautious about that issue, and he said the same thing. Sometimes the posts run a bit large (or maybe the EE holes run a bit small). Which sounds like a personal problem but isn't.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #14,542 of 40,582
Only 10% discount phew, Black Friday it is!

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #14,543 of 40,582
This is an issue with EA cables. My 8-wire on the right side will not go all the way in on my Zeus. The left is fine. When I demo'ed a Phantom at CanJam, I had Jack swap out my 2.5 cable because I was cautious about that issue, and he said the same thing. Sometimes the posts run a bit large (or maybe the EE holes run a bit small). Which sounds like a personal problem but isn't.
I have the same issue with my Ares II 8 wire, though the pins only stick out from my Spartans by 1mm thereabouts so I don't regard it as a problem. They also require quite a bit of force to jam into the IEMs, but I'd rather that than loose connections. Larger pins could theoretically result in more contact area and thus a better sounding connection, although that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

The best connection is always no connection at all so I do wonder how much better these IEMs would sound if the cable were soldered directly to the drivers as opposed to using a friction-fit connection.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #14,544 of 40,582
Yep- the side that does not fit is simply an almost-all-the-way-in fit. It's secure. Funny how one side fits and the other doesn't.

As to soldering, neither of us would be able to use an 8-wire upgrade if the IEM's came with soldered cables. Good news/bad news.

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #14,545 of 40,582
I just purchased the Jodi Consumer vac. It works very well. I got good suction on the Zeus (much less on the UERM, the bores are wider), and even though I don't have ear wax, I work up a good sweat and likely shed skin cells when walking with the IEM's in my ears. It cleaned the Zeus up nicely, simple to use, not loud at all, and the best part is that when my hearing finally really goes in the quite foreseeable nearly soon future I can use it on my hearing aids. Win-win. :)

Don't jam it in there. Gentle gentle gentle.

looks like i need to get an US > EU socket adaptor , probably US has different electric sockets ?

did anybody else from europe had this slight hickup ?

very eager to try it tomorrow , hopefully after getting the US > EU socket adaptor

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #14,548 of 40,582
Thinking about it :) From reviews the PWaudio works well with a darker/warmer iem as it is very revealing. Love the Phantoms, but am going further down the rabbit hole, lol. Want to hear some impressions if anyone used them together.

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #14,549 of 40,582
120 h burn in and my custom Phantoms sound like a heavenly creature whispering into my ears <3 Out of the box ---> 100% , after burn in 120 % :) everything like before, just better & more bass.
I paired them with my Thor Silver II 8 wire and it didn't convince me. Not the best synergy imo. The Thor is best paired with the LX = perfect synergy :)
Right now i love the Phantoms with the Leonidas much more. Ares II 8 wire is on its way...

Edit : even DnB or other electronic genres sound simply stunning. man !....

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #14,550 of 40,582
120 h burn in and my custom Phantoms sound like heaven <3 Out of the box ---> 100% , after burn in 120 % :) everything like before, just better.
I paired them with my Thor Silver II 8 wire and it didn't convince me. Not the best synergy imo. The Thor is best paired with the LX = perfect synergy :)
Right now i love the Phantoms with the Leonidas much more. Ares II 8 wire is on its way...
I have both the Thor and Leonidas and an incoming Phantom. What advantages or differences did you detect from the base Ares? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back