Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #14,521 of 40,582
There is a Cu version in the FS section right now for $2500, that is a fair price I reckon.. I've been eyeing it..

I have seen SP1000 occasionally at 2800€ new on Amazon, quite a discount... still too crazy for me and right now I am waiting for AMP8 for the DX200 this should get interesting, discrete components for this one

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #14,522 of 40,582
There is a Cu version in the FS section right now for $2500, that is a fair price I reckon.. I've been eyeing it..

Yeah I messaged him, waiting for a response.

I have seen SP1000 occasionally at 2800€ new on Amazon, quite a discount... still too crazy for me and right now I am waiting for AMP8 for the DX200 this should get interesting, discrete components

I'm tempted to order the AMP 8 but I want to hear impressions from the community first before I order.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #14,523 of 40,582
I'm tempted to order the AMP 8 but I want to hear impressions from the community first before I order.

Mine is on the way and I am not the only one, feedback should arrive later this week or this weekend :)

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #14,524 of 40,582
Jul 3, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #14,525 of 40,582
Jul 3, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #14,526 of 40,582
Jul 3, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #14,527 of 40,582
Hey all, I have a kind of general question about the bravados, and the synx network in particular. As a bit of background, I'm fairly new to this game, and although I technically could buy the LXs if I wanted, I am still in the sticker-shock phase and am having a kind of agonizingly difficult time justifying a $600 outlay on the bravados, which I'm sure will strike many of you as amusing and quaint. I currently have an Opus #1, DX80, Ibasso IT01s, Earsonics SM64s and the Massdrop Plus. I am pretty set on getting a hybrid of some kind, but I wonder: can anyone explain the purpose of assigning more than one crossover to each driver? I understand the basics of crossover networks. I've done a reasonably thorough job of scouring the thread for impressions of the Bravado, but would love to hear more; does anyone care to venture a comparison with another hybrid monitor?

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #14,528 of 40,582
Hey all, I have a kind of general question about the bravados, and the synx network in particular. As a bit of background, I'm fairly new to this game, and although I technically could buy the LXs if I wanted, I am still in the sticker-shock phase and am having a kind of agonizingly difficult time justifying a $600 outlay on the bravados, which I'm sure will strike many of you as amusing and quaint. I currently have an Opus #1, DX80, Ibasso IT01s, Earsonics SM64s and the Massdrop Plus. I am pretty set on getting a hybrid of some kind, but I wonder: can anyone explain the purpose of assigning more than one crossover to each driver? I understand the basics of crossover networks. I've done a reasonably thorough job of scouring the thread for impressions of the Bravado, but would love to hear more; does anyone care to venture a comparison with another hybrid monitor?

For the hybrids, I was told roughly that the extra cross-over paths were to control the signal in the time domain to make sure that all the different drivers were in phase.

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #14,529 of 40,582

Might want to wait to see if EE will have some kind of sale coming up?

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #14,530 of 40,582
For the hybrids, I was told roughly that the extra cross-over paths were to control the signal in the time domain to make sure that all the different drivers were in phase.
Thanks. That's actually kind of what I figured -- so essentially, in addition to assigning a frequency spectrum to a particular driver, the crossover is also telling each driver when
Do they do that? The thought hadn't even occurred to me. I've been checking the classifieds but only one person has sold a pair

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #14,531 of 40,582
That would suck, my wallet's on life support till September :frowning2: No Phantoms for me till then.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #14,534 of 40,582

As an owner of the Bravado, all I can tell you in the separation of the frequencies is extremely clean. Zero muddiness anywhere.

Jul 4, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #14,535 of 40,582
so my Jodi Vac is here , i should have it maybe later today - really eager to see how much it cleans my Zeus

is there any tips on using it , is it easy to use or should i be worried of damaging my ciems by misuse ?

thanx guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back