Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 23, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #14,296 of 40,587

Go to perfect seal website and shoot them an email, or find Mike on here.

Here are some pictures, under flash, showing construction and the bore inside.

They sound fantastic just like a ciem, it seals perfect and fits perfect No more tip rolling and keep rebuild tips.

I wish I done this a long time ago. Never buying custom again. No need.

Universals are far easier to sell.

Now... Customs just look way better , but we are here for the sound I suppose

Hi, they look great.
The hole is used for an adel module?

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #14,297 of 40,587
Hi, they look great.
The hole is used for an adel module?

No, these are simply just tips, to replace silicone and foam tips used in universal iems.

This way you get a perfect seal, and comfort. I get more bass with these even over using the comply foams or symbio hybrids. Additionally it doesn't tame the highs,, offers same - dB attenuation as a Ciem. I'm floored

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #14,298 of 40,587
I have some custom tips coming from Custom Art. Once they arrive I will post here, I think it will be Monday.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #14,299 of 40,587
I have some custom tips coming from Custom Art. Once they arrive I will post here, I think it will be Monday.

Which model is this for? I never have much luck with full size customs (as Jack will attest! :) ) so I've been wondering if tips could be the way to go for me. Never been that bothered by designs for ciems (though some of them sure do look good!)so not fussed by that. Plus the advantage of getting universals is not having the wait time for the full ciems.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #14,300 of 40,587
Which model is this for? I never have much luck with full size customs (as Jack will attest! :) ) so I've been wondering if tips could be the way to go for me. Never been that bothered by designs for ciems (though some of them sure do look good!)so not fussed by that. Plus the advantage of getting universals is not having the wait time for the full ciems.
They make tips with standard T400 nozzle, but they will not guarantee compatibility with all T400 IEMs

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #14,301 of 40,587

Peter at custom art are great people!

However Peter did not accept the tip requirements I had and he doesn't make tips for certain iems, 64 audio for example...

Mike at perfect seal doesn't even require you to ship your iems all you gotta do is give Him dimensions.

They built it in 1 day, I am so ecstatic with Perfect Seal

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #14,302 of 40,587

However Peter did not accept the tip requirements I had and he doesn't make tips for certain iems, 64 audio for example...

Mike at perfect seal doesn't even require you to ship your iems all you gotta do is give Him dimensions.

Hmm curious about that. I wonder if subguy just requested a nozzle size? I do know that CA doesn't do Westone (which is annoying but understandable) as the nozzle is smooth and doesn't have anything the tip can grip to (unlike shure for example)to stop it coming off in your ear. I would have thought that the new Empire series would be similar. Will be interested in your experiences with them when you get them subguy. If a success I think this may be the route I will have to go in future as I get a good canal impression but the concha area is always problematical.

Question for you @NaiveSound. How quick and easy do you find putting in and taking out the iems with the tips on?

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #14,303 of 40,587
Hmm curious about that. I wonder if subguy just requested a nozzle size? I do know that CA doesn't do Westone (which is annoying but understandable) as the nozzle is smooth and doesn't have anything the tip can grip to (unlike shure for example)to stop it coming off in your ear. I would have thought that the new Empire series would be similar. Will be interested in your experiences with them when you get them subguy. If a success I think this may be the route I will have to go in future as I get a good canal impression but the concha area is always problematical.

Question for you @NaiveSound. How quick and easy do you find putting in and taking out the iems with the tips on?

I've have ciems for a while so fitting those in along with fitting custom tips is easy a quick *screw* like motion gets it all in.

For those that have problems with friction ect, they can try *otoease* a ( pg glycol solution ) Cheap, to make fitting a smooth thing.

But the answer is, they pop in , create a comfortable and tight seal, and you can forget about buying comply/spinfits/spiral/annoying tips ect. All tips have drawbacks.... But I find a custom tip without any drawback.
Expecially how quickly Perfect Seal builds them... I see it as a flawless, the bore hole is just as wide as the iem hole. It doesn't obstruct or change sound at all!

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #14,304 of 40,587

I will let you know what they work with and what they don't. I have the Atlas, FIBAE 2 and Legend X that are universal.

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #14,305 of 40,587

I am confused by your post...I never sent any IEM's to Piotr. I was mentioning CA as another option and I am glad you have had a great experience with Perfect Seal. Piotr already had my impressions so for me it was quite simple. I was pretty clear in my above post but I will repeat it "They make tips with standard T400 nozzle, but they will not guarantee compatibility with all T400 IEMs". How much were the Perfect Seal tips? I could always use more than one and have no skin in anyone's game.

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #14,306 of 40,587
I will let you know what they work with and what they don't. I have the Atlas, FIBAE 2 and Legend X that are universal.

Thanks! If they fit then I will go down this route for sure. Been interested in the Bravado for awhile (to get it back on track :p) CA already have my impressions so will be better for me to order from there.

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #14,307 of 40,587
I am confused by your post...I never sent any IEM's to Piotr. I was mentioning CA as another option and I am glad you have had a great experience with Perfect Seal. Piotr already had my impressions so for me it was quite simple. I was pretty clear in my above post but I will repeat it "They make tips with standard T400 nozzle, but they will not guarantee compatibility with all T400 IEMs". How much were the Perfect Seal tips? I could always use more than one and have no skin in anyone's game.

100, I wasn't calling you out or anything or anyone
Just quoted you as I wanted to mention Custom art is all.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #14,308 of 40,587
Decided to return my Andromeda and stay happy with my Bravado.

The ergonomics on the Andro are pretty poor for me personally. I only learned this after a bit. Impossible for me to get a good seal except with Comply tips which completely changes the sound signature.

Whereas with the Bravado, I can already get a good seal with the stock FA tips. Ergonomics are also a lot better. Very comfortable. Spoke with the owner of my local shop and he says Empire Ears obviously has a lot of knowledge on and understand ergonomics better because they do CIEMs which factors into their universals. I’m inclined to agree.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #14,310 of 40,587
Decided to return my Andromeda and stay happy with my Bravado.

The ergonomics on the Andro are pretty poor for me personally. I only learned this after a bit. Impossible for me to get a good seal except with Comply tips which completely changes the sound signature.

Whereas with the Bravado, I can already get a good seal with the stock FA tips. Ergonomics are also a lot better. Very comfortable. Spoke with the owner of my local shop and he says Empire Ears obviously has a lot of knowledge on and understand ergonomics better because they do CIEMs which factors into their universals. I’m inclined to agree.

The andros are great. Been using them as my commute set and the phantoms as the office set (too afraid to wear them on the crowded subway:sweat_smile:). I agree, depending on the insertion depth of the andros, they can sometimes provide discomfort for long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back