Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #13,261 of 40,582
First impressions from my just arrived (Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio) Eos Cable with my Zeus XR

+ : Even more improved clarity/transparency than my pw5 (which sounds a bit grainy in comparison with the Eos cable) , the bass also sounds more tight and the soundstage is even more expanded (deeper & wider) - very pleased so far with it (great value for money)
- : I get slight hiss when connecting it with the DAP (SONY WM1A) , it is not much hearable when music plays so all is well i guess ( did you notice this too @Deezel177 with the cable? )

to sum it up , Zeus now sounds even more TOTL-ish than before and i am curious how much better it would be with an even more TOTL cable like pw1960s (don' go there , bad bad bad)

thanx again to @Kozato for helping out , should i expect any burn-in down the road ?

Zeus is a great CIEM , love this little bugger

I didn’t notice any extra hiss, but it could possibly be due to the Eos’s extra upper-treble energy. Apart from imparting airiness and clarity into the signature, it may add further graininess into the previously inaudible hiss.

May 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #13,262 of 40,582
I didn’t notice any extra hiss, but it could possibly be due to the Eos’s extra upper-treble energy. Apart from imparting airiness and clarity into the signature, it may add further graininess into the previously inaudible hiss.

actually it's a fault in the cable connection - i press a bit the connection part (where the cable leaves the back of 4.4 furutech solder thing) and the hiss stops , so it's a faulty cable thing :confused:

will pm @Kozato about it , see what we can do :disappointed:

this is a bummer as i like this cable a lot :disappointed_relieved:

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #13,264 of 40,582
If an IEM makes your ear lactate, I can immediately tell that that IEM sucks.
C'mon. Let's not milk this one for too long! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #13,266 of 40,582
May 4, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #13,268 of 40,582
IMG_20180505_104259.jpg
Finally got these two days ago and am extremely happy with them. Finally a pair of customs that has no fit issues. :grinning:

May 5, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #13,269 of 40,582
Finally got these two days ago and am extremely happy with them. Finally a pair of customs that has no fit issues. :grinning:

Beautiful, congrats :)

May 5, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #13,271 of 40,582
20180503_RJT_7.jpg

Fantastic!

First off, I want to thank Jack and Dean for helping me at Canjam NYC to choose my first pair of customs.

Out of the box, these Phantoms sound amazing. Like so many on this thread had said, instrument timbre is unreal or very real depending on how you look at it. From my small collection of audio gear, the Phantoms’ sound is quite different. They are intimate as if the performer is a few feet in front of you. The treble is very pleasant and not fatiguing, so I can listen to these much longer than many of my other gear. String instruments and vocals on these are amazing. The low end is very textured and gets super deep.

I’m listening to them on my Hugo2 and can finally hear noticeable differences between the filters. I usually allow some burn in time for new headphones, but honestly these are great out of the box. I can only imagine how much better it can get with time.

20180503_RJT_12.jpg

May 5, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #13,272 of 40,582

Fantastic!

First off, I want to thank Jack and Dean for helping me at Canjam NYC to choose my first pair of customs.

Out of the box, these Phantoms sound amazing. Like so many on this thread had said, instrument timbre is unreal or very real depending on how you look at it. From my small collection of audio gear, the Phantoms’ sound is quite different. They are intimate as if the performer is a few feet in front of you. The treble is very pleasant and not fatiguing, so I can listen to these much longer than many of my other gear. String instruments and vocals on these are amazing. The low end is very textured and gets super deep.

I’m listening to them on my Hugo2 and can finally hear noticeable differences between the filters. I usually allow some burn in time for new headphones, but honestly these are great out of the box. I can only imagine how much better it can get with time.

Congrats! They look great and I love the faceplates. Do you get any hiss with the Hugo2? I am still considering if I want to save up for a new DAP or go for the Mojo or Hugo2 if budget allows, so curious to hear more about the pairing.

May 5, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #13,273 of 40,582
Congrats! They look great and I love the faceplates. Do you get any hiss with the Hugo2? I am still considering if I want to save up for a new DAP or go for the Mojo or Hugo2 if budget allows, so curious to hear more about the pairing.
Yes there is hiss with the hugo2 but unnoticeable once music is playing. The hiss is much less apparent compared to that from my HA-2.

May 5, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #13,274 of 40,582
Yes there is hiss with the hugo2 but unnoticeable once music is playing. The hiss is much less apparent compared to that from my HA-2.
Thanks! Good to know. Will see if I can swing by the local Chord dealer and try it out for myself.

May 5, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #13,275 of 40,582
Thanks! Good to know. Will see if I can swing by the local Chord dealer and try it out for myself.

hey @Wyville , you shouls also try IDSD Micro Black Label

having tried both ISDS BL and H2 , i must say that i may have found BL to be even more enjoyable

for sure is the best bang-for-buck, as it costs 1/4 of the H2 price

check it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back