Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 7, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #13,292 of 40,559
Just quick question, for the 2pin of the current line up of EE, are these .78mm or .75mm? Was trying out some other cable with 0.78mm and it seems too snug and couldnt be inserted all the way through.

May 7, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #13,293 of 40,559
Just quick question, for the 2pin of the current line up of EE, are these .78mm or .75mm? Was trying out some other cable with 0.78mm and it seems too snug and couldnt be inserted all the way through.
It's definitely listed as 0.78, but if u can, test 0.75mm for me?

May 7, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #13,294 of 40,559
Anyone knows what the frequency range of the new empire series iems are? I only see the frequency range shown for the old legacy models.

The frequency range numbers on the product box doesn't mean anything at all.

May 7, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #13,295 of 40,559
For those who own Legend X, I suggest that you get a really good Amp.
My Legend X sounds way way better with just Audeze Deckard (much better than with AK380+AK Amp).

Nice amp. Peg, have you tried a Codex yet? Put that on your must audition list. I promise you it’s worth it. Ask @Ethan Groover about the Codex

May 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #13,298 of 40,559
YES, lol. :wink:....List's for just under 2k. I like it better than Yiggy, but some who are ardent Schitt fans will disagree. YMMV, but ask Ethan about this vs the Chord Hugo 2 vs Codex.... Not even close if you are able to get a balanced cable for the Codex. SHINES even more...MUCH MORE.

May 7, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #13,299 of 40,559
YES, lol. :wink:....List's for just under 2k. I like it better than Yiggy, but some who are ardent Schitt fans will disagree. YMMV, but ask Ethan about this vs the Chord Hugo 2 vs Codex.... Not even close if you are able to get a balanced cable for the Codex. SHINES even more...MUCH MORE.

I can recommend the Hugo 2. The Legend X and the Phantoms... both sound incredible with Hugo 2 :) But i'll give the Codex a try @Highend in Munich this weekend. But it lacks DSD256 support, that was a show stopper for me. Hugo 2 supports 768 kHz/32 bit up to DSD512 and i love the crossfeed filters. Great combo with the Legend X... and with 450 g great mobility.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #13,304 of 40,559
What near field speaker/monitor would the Empire Ear Zeus-R be most similar in terms of it's sound signature?

Proac Response D2. It's one of the top small monitors under 5k,but must be mounted on special stands to sound their best. They are and have been used in some of the best studios in the world since the 90's in one form or another. I have owned the originals for years and loved them.

No speaker can match iem imaging qualities

Not true by any means. I get much better imaging from my Vandersteen Quatro's than I do my Phantom's which I dearly love. If you have the room set up properly and have the electronics, electrical isolated runs with the right outlets, power cords and power conditioners and then feed your speakers great source material, you will get much better sound than any IEM on the market today. My system isn't even close to what can be done today in high end audio. I'm about to have the best digital server made, but it's not finished yet. I just had to break down and sell my phono stage, turntable, arm, cartridge, ultrasonic cleaner, isolation platform etc, but when I had it, it was VERY special. I'm hoping my digital will soon get close to that. Think about what imaging really is. It's being able to locate the instrument or vocal and letting it play out in full bloom if you would.

There are many speakers that are so highly detailed that we call them 'etched'. Tonally they are putrid, but they can often image like heck. Folks always say 'what pin point imaging'.

Hope that shares why I feel a great 2 channel system can image better.

May 7, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #13,305 of 40,559
No speaker can match iem imaging qualities

That is simply not true. No iem can match a properly set up 2 channel system for imaging. Even a "cheap," properly set-up 2 channel system will easily out-image a pair of iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back