Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 20, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #12,961 of 40,577
Apr 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #12,962 of 40,577
Apr 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #12,965 of 40,577
Apr 20, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #12,966 of 40,577
hey @Deezel177 , just to make the wait more torturous - should i expect Zeus XR to pair better with the Eos cable than with the pwaudio no5 ?

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #12,967 of 40,577
hey @Deezel177 , just to make the wait more torturous - should i expect Zeus XR to pair better with the Eos cable than with the pwaudio no5 ?

Yes. It was the last pairing I settled on before I let go of it, because it gave the Zeus a more neutral lower-midrange and more air in the upper-treble for better forgiveness (in the vocal region), clarity, transparency and air, in exchange for some body and intimacy. It's a brilliant combo in many ways and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Nah, just kidding; it absolutely sucked and the Eos is actually the reason why I sold the Zeus's in the first place. The combination was so disgusting, that I couldn't bear to listen to either product any longer. I immediately sold off the Zeus and tossed the Eos into a blazing fire. Enjoy! :D

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #12,968 of 40,577
Yes. It was the last pairing I settled on before I let go of it, because it gave the Zeus a more neutral lower-midrange and more air in the upper-treble for better forgiveness (in the vocal region), clarity, transparency and air, in exchange for some body and intimacy. It's a brilliant combo in many ways and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Nah, just kidding; it absolutely sucked and the Eos is actually the reason why I sold the Zeus's in the first place. The combination was so disgusting, that I couldn't bear to listen to either product any longer. I immediately sold off the Zeus and tossed the Eos into a blazing fire. Enjoy! :D

just to be on the safe side, i think i am also gonna check out the impressions of someone who seems to know a thing or two about cables and head-fi stuff :sunglasses:

http://theheadphonelist.com/effect-audio-x-music-sanctuary-eos-enter-the-dragon/

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #12,969 of 40,577
Apr 20, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #12,970 of 40,577

Is this the real you?

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #12,971 of 40,577
@teknorob23 why are you selling them man?

Simply because the slightly forward upper mids have unearthed a sensitivity in my ears and i've been getting residual sensitivity after use even at very low volumes. Its a massive shame because as i've mentioned in my previous post they sound amazing. It does however appear i may have spoken too soon as EE's customer service knows no bounds and they think they may have found a solution, so its possible they might not be for sale much longer or at least i hope not :wink:

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #12,973 of 40,577
Glad to hear you may not have to take the $$ hit. EE Customer Service is stellar, if there's a way to help you they will. @Jack Vang @Ethan Groover :clap:

Couldn’t agree more, but I shouldn’t be suprised as they’ve been on it, since I first contacted them :)

Apr 20, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #12,974 of 40,577
hey guys, finally got the chance to audition the phantom and the legend x, and boy do I love them! phantom didn't really do it as much for me as i listen to mostly synthetic productions like edm, hip hop and pop, but the legend x is everything I could've asked for. I'm gonna order one in a couple weeks!

just debating, since the universal fit was perfectly fine on me, should I still get it custom? if I do, I am looking at the more premium designs, so it'll be around 200-300cdn extra with impressions and all.
I know it may not be much extra to many on this thread, but it'll be my first big purchase. any opinions would be great, and if there's any other “basshead iem” that I should consider, please lemme know thanks!

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #12,975 of 40,577
hey guys, finally got the chance to audition the phantom and the legend x, and boy do I love them! phantom didn't really do it as much for me as i listen to mostly synthetic productions like edm, hip hop and pop, but the legend x is everything I could've asked for. I'm gonna order one in a couple weeks!

just debating, since the universal fit was perfectly fine on me, should I still get it custom? if I do, I am looking at the more premium designs, so it'll be around 200-300cdn extra with impressions and all.
I know it may not be much extra to many on this thread, but it'll be my first big purchase. any opinions would be great, and if there's any other “basshead iem” that I should consider, please lemme know thanks!
Go get custom. It'll fit better and scream its yours. There is improvement in sound quality, 5% or more. Get custom, you won't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back