Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 22, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #11,207 of 40,606
That's exactly what my Zeus did when I got it with a Whiplash cable. The cable end is crimping, it's not the earpiece. Emailed and texted Ethan and he shipped out a new one instantly. Two days later I had the new cable. There's no problem with their customer service. In fact, I was in line for the Cars ride at Disneyland when he got back to me and we arranged a cable there and then. Then I got in the car and went for a really fast Cars ride. :)

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #11,208 of 40,606
It's the legend x btw, nice design, wanted to go for something similar till I was told that the custom for the rest of the line costs extra
If you were told that going with custom>universal costs extra, that is not correct. Some of our premium materials incur an extra charge, but a custom fit is not extra, nor are acrylic customizations.

@Ethan Groover Could you respond to my customer support query when you can? Thanks.
Apologies for the delay, YGM.

How long do I let the LX burn in, since it has 2 DD, 200 hrs?
In our testing during the creation of the new line, the most drastic changes in the hybrid line were after the first 72 hours of burn in. After that there are still benefits, but not anywhere near as noticeable or measureable.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #11,209 of 40,606
To
If you were told that going with custom>universal costs extra, that is not correct. Some of our premium materials incur an extra charge, but a custom fit is not extra, nor are acrylic customizations.

Apologies for the delay, YGM.

In our testing during the creation of the new line, the most drastic changes in the hybrid line were after the first 72 hours of burn in. After that there are still benefits, but not anywhere near as noticeable or measureable.
clarify, I went for the bravado, I know that the legend can be custom fittes without extra cost

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #11,211 of 40,606
okay, please don't take this too seriously with this non-helpful post. i have not listened to either pair, but one can dream...

[td]IEM[/td]

[td]Bass[/td]

[td]Midrange[/td]

[td]Upper Midrange[/td]

[td]Treble[/td]

[td]Tonality[/td]

[td]Resolution[/td]

[td]Transparency[/td]

[td]Imaging[/td]

[td]Separation[/td]

[td]Average[/td]

[td]Rank[/td]
Empire Ears Phantom9910010010010010010010010099,91
Empire Ears Legend X100999910010010010010010099,82
* Impressions based on pairing from thin ear.

I am actually surprised that from your scale the bass response of Phantom is that close to the Legend X.

Now I am very curious...

1307397698102.jpg

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #11,212 of 40,606
We will not be dropping support for ADEL, and we will still offer it with the Spartan IV and Zeus.
I have had many customers with Tinnitus and other types of acoustic sensitivity RAVE about how ADEL has made in-ears something they can finally use without pain or discomfort, and many more customers talk about how much they enjoy the expansive, "open back" feel that it gives the soundstage of an iem.
The reason we are not offering ADEL (at least for the time being) with the EP and X lines is that we would need to individually re-tune each model to accommodate the acoustic changes that ADEL introduces. The new line in it's current form will give each customer exactly the intended sound profile that it was tuned for, and that's a win win for everybody!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #11,215 of 40,606
took post down... someone may take too seriously...

Exaggeration is often unavoidable with this much traction going on in the new EE line up. :p

But still, I will still keep things fair and not just hand out perfect scores like candies until they earned it of course -- regardless of branding. LOL

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #11,216 of 40,606
Exaggeration is often unavoidable with this much traction going on in the new EE line up. :p

But still, I will still keep things fair and not just hand out perfect scores like candies until they earned it of course -- regardless of branding. LOL

If they weren't ridiculous scores, someone may actually believe it's authentic...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back