Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 22, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #11,191 of 40,591
Just ordered LX and PHANTOM, for universal it only available in Chrome Black with Gold or silver EE logos
Wait, did you just say you ordered both of them??

giphy (1).gif

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #11,192 of 40,591
Feb 22, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #11,193 of 40,591
he did the wise thing - if i could afford it , i would have bought both of them without blinking

way to go , enjoy and let us know how they sounded to ya

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #11,194 of 40,591
Hmm... it looks like EE will soon be moving away from ADEL. Given the fact that none of their new products will implement it, I guess this was something long in the making.
Hold on a sec. I don't want to de-rail the thread by any means, but I do find this interesting in that there is a slight implication that EE didn't exactly look into the clinical studies before they started implementing adel technology in their adel iems. Or the sales department has flipped sides to accommodate their current line up being non-adel. I'm just curious, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 22, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #11,196 of 40,591
Yes Sir BOTH just can’t resist the temptation :ksc75smile:
Impressed you can afford the temptation hehe. If I might recommend, I would listen to the Phantom for a couple of days while you burn the Legend. If you start out with the Legend, the bass quantity of Phantom might feel lean after. I also have to adjust every time I listen to the Legend for a couple of days, that sub-bass is really something else.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #11,197 of 40,591
Ethan, we've become quick friends :wink:. Since I ordered Phantom's already, please send me a fun pair of Legacy X's in translucent Ruby Red shells, with silver carbon fiber faces and a nice crimson red O U on the face (Oklahoma Univ of course, lol)....Thanks FRIEND!!! HA HA HA HA.
It's the legend x btw, nice design, wanted to go for something similar till I was told that the custom for the rest of the line costs extra

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #11,198 of 40,591
Impressed you can afford the temptation hehe. If I might recommend, I would listen to the Phantom for a couple of days while you burn the Legend. If you start out with the Legend, the bass quantity of Phantom might feel lean after. I also have to adjust every time I listen to the Legend for a couple of days, that sub-bass is really something else.

Will do thanks the the advice

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #11,200 of 40,591
Hold on a sec. I don't want to de-rail the thread by any means, but I do find this interesting in that there is a slight implication that EE didn't exactly look into the clinical studies before they started implementing adel technology in their adel iems. Or the sales department has flipped sides to accommodate their current line up being non-adel. I'm just curious, that's all.
Seems plausible. Not sure how ADEL affects my U6’s but they are very comfortable to listen to regardless.

On topic: Does earwax tend to get inside the nozzles for the custom versions? Looking at the Phantoms and I might want to avoid transparent shells if they are likely to get gunked up.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #11,201 of 40,591
Seems plausible. Not sure how ADEL affects my U6’s but they are very comfortable to listen to regardless.

On topic: Does earwax tend to get inside the nozzles for the custom versions? Looking at the Phantoms and I might want to avoid transparent shells if they are likely to get gunked up.
Keep your ears clean and your iems cleaner and you should have no problems. Always clean after use.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #11,202 of 40,591

How long do I let the LX burn in, since it has 2 DD, 200 hrs?

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #11,203 of 40,591
How long do I let the LX burn in, since it has 2 DD, 200 hrs?
Well I already fear the response following from this, so I will try to frame this as carefully as possible. In my personal opinion, the EE hybrids are more responsive to burn than regular DD iems. Both the Vantage and Nemesis tightened up significantly compared at 100 hours to 200 hours. At 100 hours, I still felt the bass of the Vantage was a bit too prominent for me, so I burned it for another 100. At 200 hours, it was just right. Similarly, the Nemesis tightened after 100 more hours. With the Legend, I just burned it for 100 hours and started listening. I really enjoyed its power and overall sig, so I've just been playing it since.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #11,205 of 40,591
Alright.....I've think I've been patient enough. My customer support request is not being met and I didn't want to resort to complaining on the forum but I mean come on.....there are things that have to be addressed if its on this magnitude.
@Ethan Groover Please help!

He just posted his personal number and email. You can freaking text him! Why use the forums when you have that access?

I just want to take a minute to say that if anyone is interested in ordering the new line now, feel free to PM me here, email me at ethan@empireears.com, or call/text/whatsapp me at 678-709-3936.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back