Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #10,897 of 40,675
IMG_1658.PNG

Seeing the launch event of your new lineup, i'm absolutely stoked to see how far Earwekz has come since you guys first started back then! Can't wait to demo the new stuff when demos start reaching your E. dealers!

However, as an avid hobbyist like 'eveyone out here boasting they own upgraded cable' , now i'm worried about these cables that you speak about in said post celebrating your partnership with EA. Aside from the EA horus cable that I own, I too own flagships from crystal cable, Toxic, DHC, Plussound, PWadion and so on. Most of these upgrade cables aren't cheap, and i can assume that many of us who own these cables would be most displeased to realize that these cables are simply 'mass produced junk packaged as premium'.

So, @Jack Vang. Which brands are the ones repackaging junk as premium cables? If we look at the major brands in the industry, I can only assume that its either Plussound(@PLUSSOUND ) , DHC , Toxic, Hans Sound, PWaudio, Crystal cable, Brimar audio, Brise audio, labkable and Rhapsodio and VDH. I still remember that incident back then when a certain brand was found to have been marketing a cable as something that it was not, and this 'rebranding of junk as premium stuff' sounds pretty much up there too.

Edit: Sorry, noticed 2 typos. Misspelled Horus as whorus, and PWaudio as PWaudion. Sorry, Malay is my country's national language so English isnt exactly my forte.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #10,898 of 40,675

Seeing the launch event of your new lineup, i'm absolutely stoked to see how far Earwekz has come since you guys first started back then! Can't wait to demo the new stuff when demos start reaching your E. dealers!

However, as an avid hobbyist like 'eveyone out here boasting they own upgraded cable' , now i'm worried about these cables that you speak about in said post celebrating your partnership with EA. Aside from the EA horus cable that I own, I too own flagships from crystal cable, Toxic, DHC, Plussound, PWadion and so on. Most of these upgrade cables aren't cheap, and i can assume that many of us who own these cables would be most displeased to realize that these cables are simply 'mass produced junk packaged as premium'.

So, @Jack Vang. Which brands are the ones repackaging junk as premium cables? If we look at the major brands in the industry, I can only assume that its either Plussound(@PLUSSOUND ) , DHC , Toxic, Hans Sound, PWaudio, Crystal cable, Brimar audio, Brise audio, labkable and Rhapsodio and VDH. I still remember that incident back then when a certain brand was found to have been marketing a cable as something that it was not, and this 'rebranding of junk as premium stuff' sounds pretty much up there too.

Edit: Sorry, noticed 2 typos. Misspelled Horus as whorus, and PWaudio as PWaudion. Sorry, Malay is my country's national language so English isnt exactly my forte.

I read that post more as a dig towards IEM manufacturers who market their stock cables as “premium” even though they’re actually mass-produced OEM products - not a shot at other cable manufacturers in general. Though, I can understand it being perceived that way.

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #10,899 of 40,675
I read that post more as a dig towards IEM manufacturers who market their stock cables as “premium” even though they’re actually mass-produced OEM products - not a shot at other cable manufacturers in general. Though, I can understand it being perceived that way.

i also understood the same as Deezel says , it's not aimed at the cable companies but at ciem companies selling junk cables as premiums

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #10,900 of 40,675
Feb 17, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #10,901 of 40,675
I see. In that case, I really now do wish to know which company/ies is said post making reference to. As far as I know, only so few companies sell upgrade cables as part of their package. Dita with VDH cable, FITEAR with their 00X number cable series, heck even earwerkz back then had cables upgraded with moon audio and even linum bax. So which company is Jack making reference to, a company that would sell 'repackaged junk labelled as premium'?

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #10,902 of 40,675
Another great interview! I like reading the Q 'n A Saturday articles. Headfonia has been putting out a lot of very nice content that goes beyond the reviews, I really enjoy it!

Thanks!
The interview originally was even better, but due to an unforseen and very unlucky coincidence it had to be redone within very short time, special thanks to @Jack Vang for stepping up and doing the necessary.
We're putting in some of the original content into the upcoming review (will take a bit though).

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #10,903 of 40,675
Thanks!
The interview originally was even better, but due to an unforseen and very unlucky coincidence it had to be redone within very short time, special thanks to @Jack Vang for stepping up and doing the necessary.
We're putting in some of the original content into the upcoming review (will take a bit though).
The interview turned out great nonetheless, so excellent work to you and Jack! Looking forward to reading the rest as part of the upcoming review!

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #10,905 of 40,675

100% on point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back