Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 27, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #10,471 of 40,587
After giving more listening to Zeus and Legend X. I will still give an upper hand to Zeus when it comes to detail presented and information that I perceived. I am also edging towards the Zeus in terms of the ability to present and portray the stage itself.

The super speaker bass on the Legend X is so attractive and strong that it is affecting my perception of a 3D stage (width and depth) produced by the Legend X. The enhanced bass response makes imaging and interpretation of the depth of the stage harder as it sounded extremely close to you. I think I will need more time for my brain to burn in. However, the separation of the instrument is very on point as nothing sound congested or instruments overlapping the vocals etc. The legend X mostly relied on the width ?

Good observation, LX has a more elliptical soundstage. Very wide and closer in depth, giving you more intimate instead of holographic feeling/space. I don't find it too close in space, but the sound is definitely not too far out of your head. Haven't heard Zeus in a long time to compare.

Jan 27, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #10,472 of 40,587
[ @fuhransahis squeezes himself] "Who needs them?... Having kidneys is overrated anyway." :D

(I have the same with the Phantom. :p)
We do have two after all, right? :ksc75smile:

Left kidney up for sale on the classifieds. $3.5k, custom fit. Reshell comes in at about $1k or so depending on your country. Heavily used... probably crap condition :sweat_smile:

Jan 27, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #10,474 of 40,587
Ehhh...

Really not trying to be unreasonable.

If they're willing to cash my check, being busy isn't a good enough reason to be going on a week late on a rush order with no communication.
Glad to hear this got resolved and my deepest apologies for the inconvenience. Please check your email for my personal contact info should you ever need anything else.

I have ordered an extra EA Ares II balanced 2.5 mm TRRS plug at the same time with my CIEM Spartan IV. I got the Spartan more than a month ago but still not get my Ares II balanced 2.5 mm even though I paid all in advance. Ethan pmd me said that the cables will be shipped out whenever it is available. I was waiting and waiting and lost my patience pm’d Ethan 3 days ago but have not received his reply yet?! Idk what to say but at least Ethan should let me know the status of the cables even though there will be delayed...
I am very sorry for the late response here! NAMM show is very crazy and being 2000 miles from my office makes it difficult to keep track of individual orders. I have responded to you via email and we should have your cable to you soon!

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #10,475 of 40,587
I really like how you guys handle your business. Very impressive and rare in much of audio.

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #10,479 of 40,587
I called that number. It took me to a male hooker named Betty Boob. Best ten minutes I ever had on the phone.

Jack has changed my life for the better.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #10,480 of 40,587
I added him on a wechat (a well known not safe app) which I don't use this app as main as wish, jack added me immediately and answered me back.
Very good service.

A company not just needs a good product, but a good and approachable service is even more critical.
I have seen so many good products failed by service. EA seems not to me.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #10,481 of 40,587
@Jack Vang i thank you silently every day i put my Zeus on my ears ,because of the help you provided in getting it

feeling grateful and thankful at 'zeus XR sonic bliss' location :pray::thumbsup::ok_hand::punch:

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #10,482 of 40,587
That’s some magical laptop you got there, bud. :D I’ll be getting my modded WM1A from MS soon, so I’ll be able to hear that pairing too. :wink:
I can bring my laptop to CanJam, this March. And you can try it with your Zeus, and especially Prelude. :)

I don't hear any hiss from my Zeus R+WM1A combo so far.
Yep, it's good that the hiss is unnoticeable when listening. How do you like your Zeus R so far?

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #10,483 of 40,587
If you guys have any issues at all email me at Jack@empireears.com or text me personally via my personal cell phone/whatsapp @ 404-808-3405 or we-chat @ J_Vang and i'll see to it personally that things are taken care of ASAP, regardless of where we are or what time it is.

Now this is S class service here.

Company these days won't even have their big guy's personal number given or shared in the public for easy access to any issues or just questions on things.

Big love to you, @Jack Vang <3 <3

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #10,484 of 40,587
I can bring my laptop to CanJam, this March. And you can try it with your Zeus, and especially Prelude. :)

Yep, it's good that the hiss is unnoticeable when listening. How do you like your Zeus R so far?

I bought my Zeus R during Black Friday sale last year and I am absolutely pleased with my purchase. Since I am living in Canada it's almost impossible for me to try it before I buy. I put my faith in flinkenick's 2017 iem review.
At first I found the Zeus lack of bass (as I came from Dorado). After getting the Final Audio ear tips which perfectly fit my ear canals, I am absolutely amused by the transparency, details which Zeus R delivers. Its bass is natural but can be punchy depends on the songs. My Dorado just sat inside the box since I have my Zeus. Never look back That's why I am so excited in EE next flagship ~ Phantom & Legend X. I must get either one of them as my next IEM. Still researching to get better cable to release the full potential of Zeus in the meantime..

Sorry for my English.

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #10,485 of 40,587
Hi guys! Really excited to try the Phantom and Legend X and compare them with my beauties...

3A20083B-2398-408D-87F3-E3A974B161CD.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back