Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696
698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
Next

Last
  1. ranfan
    It's the Whiplash SPC cable I think. It came by default with the Zeus I ordered.

+1 I hope that Jack could bring one to CanJam SG next March. :)

moneypls likes this.
  2. fuhransahis
    I take it the Vega remains the current king?

My one and sole issue with the Vega was that the mids and vocals felt more recessed than I'd like at times. If the Legend X is like the Vega with more forward mids, then I'm all in!

3. proedros
    to my ears/mind bass in the tuning should be like Draymond Green of the GSW Warriors -do the dirty job, fill all the small holes but without becoming over-bearing and dominant of the whole picture

in that analogy, i want mids to be like Durant , full and vibrant and full with authority and highs like curry - sparkling and exciting yet efficient and not tiring

so hoping Phantom is like the GSW Warriors , let's be patient

4. Sound Eq
    thats why i did not the vega and waited in patience for the new king from EE the legend x

fuhransahis likes this.
  5. Sound Eq
    I hope to get a legend x before my birthday on march

6. fuhransahis
    I want my bass to rattle my brain when the track calls for it (emphasis on sub vs mid bass), but not be present when it doesn't need to, and be in balance with vocals and other mids (forward mids in general, not recessed at all), and highs to, well, be there. Sparkly and airy and so on. All within a large, transparent, detailed, impeccably-imaged soundstage.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  7. ezekiel77
    thats-the-dream.gif

Kerouac and fuhransahis like this.
  8. ctsooner22
    Honestly, it seems to me like the Phantom will give us that great sub bass when it's on the track as well. Just not going to add bass that may not be there. I realize that IEM world is so different than 2 channel audio. It's funny as most of use want neutral sound from top to bottom, but we still demand strong sub bass that goes down to the mid 20's. In 2 channel that's a VERY expensive thing to do, so this is cool for me to see that you can get 'affordable' sound that is full range. So hard to do so props to Jack it seems for what he's done and what he's about to drop on us.

So much excitement and we can't even get them yet.

ranfan likes this.
  9. Gavin C4
    IMO The tuning of the Phantom has some similarity with Andromeda. Especially in the mid bass and sub-bass region.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    ranfan likes this.
  10. soLicitous
    Anyone know how to get a hold of somebody at Empire Ears if they aren't answering phones or returning emails?

Trying to get a question answered about an order and haven't received any response in going on two days.

11. olddude
    Let's see: no phone and no email. Well, go to their front door?

Obviously they are busy right now, they always have excellent customer service, two days is not a long time. If two more days go by, then you can start worrying.

Did you try to pm them from here?

12. eldss
    They’re @ NAMM. Probably swamped till next week.

Ethan Groover, Wyville and Deezel177 like this.
  13. soLicitous
    Ehhh...

Really not trying to be unreasonable.

If they're willing to cash my check, being busy isn't a good enough reason to be going on a week late on a rush order with no communication.

14. ctsooner22
    Ethan is on this forum constantly. Honestly, I understand why you are upset, but they are as good as any company out there about getting back, so they really must be swamped with all the shows right now as well as getting ramped up for the new releases. I'm sure that Ethan will see this and get in touch soon. My suggestion is to PM Ethan on this board and I bet he'll get back as soon as he possibly can.

15. singleended5863
    I have ordered an extra EA Ares II balanced 2.5 mm TRRS plug at the same time with my CIEM Spartan IV. I got the Spartan more than a month ago but still not get my Ares II balanced 2.5 mm even though I paid all in advance. Ethan pmd me said that the cables will be shipped out whenever it is available. I was waiting and waiting and lost my patience pm’d Ethan 3 days ago but have not received his reply yet?! Idk what to say but at least Ethan should let me know the status of the cables even though there will be delayed...

First

Back
687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696
698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
Next

Last