Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #9,646 of 40,582
Based on reading this thread there seems to be announcement of new prototypes releases. Maybe I'm not reading properly, but I'm sure I am and I'm ready to get on board quickly and then share. I do a lot of listening and discussion in the 2 channel world, so I just thought it would be fun to get a top reference CIEM to use with my ref DAC/AMP and recordings. Just fun learning so much about the portable world as there is so much great and fun gear.

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #9,647 of 40,582
BAM!!!! It's on. Getting my impressions done on Monday and will try and be one of the first in line for the new one once it's released. I'll run it through the paces with my AK380cu (all high res and DSD music along with some live piano recordings that are being sent to me by a friend in Houston. I think he did it in 24/384 too. Can't wait to hear what they share with us all.

Glad to hear, man! Can’t wait for the official announcement so I can finally talk about the IEM. :wink:

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #9,648 of 40,582
Yes, you and a few others I'm in contact with, lol. Based on what I've been told, this will be a GAME CHANGER for many of us who want a full range IEM that is true reference quality for so many reasons. I'll wait for the announcement, but I trust what I've heard.

The neat thing is that this isn't the Zeus. I know many who have asked about this, but the Zeus's are all ref too. In this IEM world, you guys are all into different voiced IEM's for many personal reasons, so anyone getting the Zeus IEM's may want to get another different sounding ref IEM, or not. They can't feel like they don't have one of the top IEM's in the world as they do.

It's just a fun and exciting time when a top company releases new gear.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #9,649 of 40,582
Yes, you and a few others I'm in contact with, lol. Based on what I've been told, this will be a GAME CHANGER for many of us who want a full range IEM that is true reference quality for so many reasons. I'll wait for the announcement, but I trust what I've heard.

The neat thing is that this isn't the Zeus. I know many who have asked about this, but the Zeus's are all ref too. In this IEM world, you guys are all into different voiced IEM's for many personal reasons, so anyone getting the Zeus IEM's may want to get another different sounding ref IEM, or not. They can't feel like they don't have one of the top IEM's in the world as they do.

It's just a fun and exciting time when a top company releases new gear.

The history’s rich with this IEM too, but I’ll save the stories for the official announcement. :p

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #9,650 of 40,582
i got the feeling that the new iem is a hybrid one

we'll know soon enough , always nice to see new models

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #9,652 of 40,582
I tested this afternoon, the module adel Carrot.
The sound may be enclosed, after the scene may be less broad and details that stand out less
After, the issolation is monstrous, thanks to a fit very well, but now the pressure is very large.
I see the advantage of the red adel module to reduce this pressure.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #9,653 of 40,582

It's just a fun and expensive time when a top company releases new gear.
FTFY!

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #9,654 of 40,582
The history’s rich with this IEM too, but I’ll save the stories for the official announcement. :p
Why do I have a feeling the name will be a throwback to Earwerkz stuff.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #9,655 of 40,582
Why do I have a feeling the name will be a throwback to Earwerkz stuff.

It’s not necessarily in the name; it’s more in how it was developed and how its tuning came to be. It’s cool stuff, you’ll find out soon enough. :D

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #9,660 of 40,582
Porta Fest, Porta Fest. :) Will you be there @Deezel177?

Unfortunately not; I have to work on Sundays. But, I will be attending CanJam Singapore in March. The journey to Singapore is a solid sixth of how long a flight to Japan would take. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back