Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #9,617 of 40,559
I believe the fingers.
I think we will have to try to identify the problem so that it does not happen again.

One common denominator is the yellow resin. It is the right yellow one that cracks. However, the recent shell is not at all cracked, the issue is with the cable now.

All three of the purple shells between my two EE IEMs are originals and have enjoyed years of good health.

(I did a multi color on the IEMs in question because i thought it would be easier to identify L & R)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #9,618 of 40,559
To my ears, in many cases, an IEM that is brighter in it's signature may benefit from a narrower bore, and I think the Zeus is one of those IEM's. More times than not JVC Spiral Dots are my go to, but the wide bore doesn't give me the best sound. The Zeus was an IEM that had me searching for a "better" tip, and thus the recommendation for the Final Audio. After receiving the FA I have found I have been able to utilize them with other's in my collection, they are very good. I also have the clear tips(FA) but I honestly haven't tried them, but I will.
Thanks to Olddude's link, I could find a reseller. He even has the type E in both «Black» and «Clear» versions.
Could you compare them on the Zeus ?
Thanks in advance for feedback :)
P.s. : tips color is really fine tuning... But as Final Audio claims there is a difference in sound between both...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #9,622 of 40,559
I don't use the clear. The link I posted explains the difference between the two.
That's right, but the described differences don't tell if one type fits better to the Zeus sound signature...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #9,623 of 40,559
Wow, what a difference the cable makes. I tried my trusted ALO Ref. 8 cable with the Zeus XR and I was just not satisfied as the bass was a bit on the lean side. I switched to my tried and true Whiplash TWcu V3 and the bass started to appear again with gobs of detail. Definitely an upgrade to my U12s.

:)

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #9,625 of 40,559
Yep- You get more detail and transparency and just lose a bit of the heavy bass hit and timbre (which is retained as a more clearly layered bass/timbre). I like the Comply but they take away from what makes the Zeus special. I've never been able to get anything good from the SpinFits.

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #9,626 of 40,559
OMG, the new Legendary Empire Ears IEM is ready for consumption.

Wait, What, no switch like the XR ?! Interesting

ee new.png

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #9,628 of 40,559
OMG, the new Legendary Empire Ears IEM is ready for consumption.

Wait, What, no switch like the XR ?! Interesting

That's not a new photo, by the way. That photo was taken years ago when the Effect Audio Leonidas was just released, hence the old EA connectors and the leather case. But, regardless of that photo, PortaFest will be a big event for EE. :wink:

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #9,629 of 40,559
That's not a new photo, by the way. That photo was taken years ago when the Effect Audio Leonidas was just released, hence the old EA connectors and the leather case. But, regardless of that photo, PortaFest will be a big event for EE. :wink:
Yep yep

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #9,630 of 40,559

I thought that was a spoiler photo. ><

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back