Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. ctsooner22
    Can't find a great price on a used one, but I need Tidal. I"ll just download whatever songs I want onto an SD card so I don't have to worry about not having off line Tidal as hey won't pay for the license. I need proper tone and fun is good for headphones. Thanks so much. the 700 fits perfectly into my budget also.

2. Deezel177
    No problem, man! Make sure you get the MkII too; its black aluminium body is super sexy and it'll maximise the sound coming out of the AK70 without any expensive mods thrown into the mix.

ctsooner22 likes this.
  3. Twitley
    Same opinion for AK, after you have to pay attention to Fiio, it is not too sensitive IEMs, I could test the K10 with X5 III, there is a lot of breath for me.

4. eldss
    I thought I had read that people still have issues w/ the MKII and Tidal offline. has that been resolved? That's what's been stopping me from getting one.

5. NaiveSound
    No it never 2ill get fixed. AK doesn't run a full android system, due to licensing Tidal won't allow striped Android versions for storing its files online.

You need something that runs Android as far as dap.

6. Deezel177
    I'm not aware of this, sorry. I just assumed they ran like normal. What are these issues?

7. stenog
    I assume you mean FiiO X7ii?

No problems anymore. Just do the following. In Tidal settings enable crossfade and set it to 1 sec. And Tidal offline plays flawless both from SD Card and internal memory. :)

This also work with other FiiO daps.

8. Deezel177
    No, he's talking about the Astell & Kern AK70MkII.

9. NaiveSound
    There are *no issues * with ak70 and tifsl offline.

It's simply UNABLE to store tidal offline files.

Deezel177 likes this.
  10. eldss
    My bad, I was talking about the Fiio x7ii. That's great to know. Thanks!

11. stenog
    Ahh ok, my bad :)

Lol..we posted at the same time.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Deezel177 likes this.
  12. ctsooner22
    Sounds like folks feel the AK70mk2 sounds better than the Fiio 7mk 2. I do like the look and size of the AK. Now I need to find discounts or a dealer who will want to make a sale lol.

13. NaiveSound

Black Friday/cyber Monday sale is coming up... You'll find something for sure

14. proedros
    @NaiveSound how is zeus with wm1a ? do you like it ?

15. NaiveSound
    Zeus right earpiece coming back tomorrow. I have plugged my left earpiece into it and It was stellar! Cant wait to get the right earpiece tomorrow and I'm sure it will be ever better

proedros likes this.