Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. Twitley
    You had to be very wise. :grinning:

2. subguy812
    It is a fact...the new shells are more ergonomic.

EagleWings likes this.
  3. NaiveSound
    I know the feeling! I did some crazy stuff...
    I had Zeus XR... Then I wanted Zeus XRA (with adel) and now back to Zeus XR...

4. JaeYoon
    Just received my Aegis case! Woo hoo!

ranfan likes this.
  5. ranfan
    Nice! Can I see? :p

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    JaeYoon likes this.
  6. Ethan Groover
    Glad to see that it's shipping so fast! Definitely looking forward to reading your feedback on the XR.

Empire Ears Stay updated on Empire Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpireEars https://twitter.com/EmpireEars http://www.empireears.com/
  7. NaiveSound
    Anyone got a BTG Starlight cable? ( used to ship with Zeus) I can trade for it, I got a whiplash that now ships with Zeus.

8. aaf evo
    So I have probably had about 5 hours or so of listening on my demo Zeus XR since yesterday. At first when I listened I was slightly underwhelmed as I was wanting more bass (coming from Andromeda) but after a while I slowly started to fall in love with the sound. Put my Andromeda's back on last night to compare and took them off after one song. I'm pretty sure I'm sold!

I find myself listening to the XIV setting about 95% of the time over R, so now I need to decide if I should spend the extra cash and get the XR over the XIV, which I probably will do.

Does anyone know of EE's previous Black Friday specials?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  9. proedros
    15-20% off if i remember correctly

you may also wanna pm @Jack Vang and talk about it , i am sure he is gonna help you out

cheers

10. Deezel177
    Yeah, coming to the Zeus from a more "fun" sound signature will certainly catch you off-guard, but I'm glad you didn't give up on it - where others definitely would've - and ended up liking it. The usual Black Friday discounts are 15% off. Last year, when EE first announced their partnership with Asius, it was 15% off for non-ADEL IEMs and 20% off for ADEL IEMs.

11. aaf evo
    Thank you guys! I reached out to jack via SMS when enquiring about demoing the Zeus but I was put into contact with Ethan who has been very helpful. I will reach out and see what they can do!

12. Twitley
    It's a good choice Zeus XR, it offers lower than XIV that I find calmer and warmer.
    You listened to what with dap?
    I hope that an update of Zeus XIV to XR is possible and with a good price.
    The interest of XR is to have different sound signature that allows you to choose it depending on when you listen.

13. aaf evo
    I used both my mojo and the lightning to 3.5mm connector from my iPhone X

Twitley likes this.
  14. tim0chan
    Requires a full reshell which is like 800sgd.
    Would be cheaper to just get a cable if u believe in it.

15. proedros
    having 2 signatures in XR is a huge bonus imo, as i can easily understand their sonic difference and it's like having 2 totl ciems in your hands/ears

R is flatter and more reference-sounding and the vocals are less forward making the soundstage more spacious and far from you

XIV brings the vocals upfront for a more immersive experience and also lifts the bass slightly

i find myself using both signatures and i could not live now with having only the R or the XIV signature

very versatile ciem