Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #8,806 of 40,577
Does anyone have comparison pictures of the universal Zeus XR next to the Andromeda? The shell on these look huge from every picture I’ve seen
Sorry I can't offer a comparison, I haven't heard any of the Campfire Audio stuff, maybe one day. I will say that the Adel shell did not receive a redesign but the new design of the non Adel is much more ergonomic.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #8,807 of 40,577
I think I'm going on a transparent shell and FACEPLATE opaque, it lacks the colors to find.

I avoid taking custom colors because my budget is limited because of the price + reshell.

that of AxelCloris and Ike1985 are top.

For my old EI.XX, I chose the black opaque and for k10 current, I gave the choice to Custom art and that's what it gives

viewer.php

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #8,810 of 40,577
The zeus are much bigger than the others ciem.
Without the reshell for me, it stands out even more.
The cable is superb, RSD Golden mk3?
How is it with zeus?

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #8,811 of 40,577
The zeus are much bigger than the others ciem.
Without the reshell for me, it stands out even more.
The cable is superb, RSD Golden mk3?
How is it with zeus?
The cable on the left is the RSD Golden mk3 and the one on the right is the Dita Truth Copper

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #8,814 of 40,577
Wait... What is this *new shell revision * thing?
Jack told me that Dean personally did my reshell because it was the first one with the new non Adel shell. I waited to write my review once I received it. It was much more ergonomic than my Adel version.

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #8,816 of 40,577
My Zeus-XR is actually one of the smallest (and most flush-fitting) customs in my collection, so I guess whether or not your Zeus sticks out varies from ear-to-ear.
Mine are universal which makes a difference as well

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #8,817 of 40,577
Good day guys, may I know what cable best pairs with the Zeus 14 and SP 1000. I am leaning towards a all copper cable like the Hansound or the PW. I have not tried the Horus yet, the Effect Eres + did not go down too well for me. I liked the Hans sound Zen 8 cables and the red core also from Hansound. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks guys. Sorry if this is a highjack.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #8,818 of 40,577
Good day guys, may I know what cable best pairs with the Zeus 14 and SP 1000. I am leaning towards a all copper cable like the Hansound or the PW. I have not tried the Horus yet, the Effect Eres + did not go down too well for me. I liked the Hans sound Zen 8 cables and the red core also from Hansound. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks guys. Sorry if this is a highjack.

Based on your comments, I'd highly recommend the PWAudio 2-wire 1960s.

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #8,819 of 40,577
Finally received my Spartan, after almost a month at the customs. What a joyous relief this moment. :D

P_20171027_130811.jpg

The Spartan impresses with its neutrality. I think this IEM is capable of pleasing majority of crowd. Even on full-open MAM mode, the bass is still voluminous. But without overemphasis, supporting the midrange. The midrange sounds just right, with a huge expansive soundstage. It is neither too bright nor warm, with each instrument having a fair-quality timbre. The vocals could perhaps be a bit brighter to sound more natural realistic, but this could be due to my preference. The treble is never sibilant, but enough with a good amount of clarity. The Spartan is IMO a really good IEM all-in-all. Very balanced, and disciplined. A solid recommendation! :)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #8,820 of 40,577
which cable is this ? looks like a copper 8-braid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back