Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #8,777 of 40,539
The customs man. I know how it feels. I'm having the same experience myself with receiving my Spartan. It's arrived in the country, but stuck there since early October. Very frustrating, moreover it isn't within our control.

No show AGAIN with the parcel from parcelfarce* so gave 'em a ring (and a rollicking). Turn's out despite the fact that I paid promptly on the thursday and the email receipt said next day delivery the system hadn't updated itself and got stuck. Person I spoke to at the other end said they've manually overridden it now so should get it tomorrow. 3-4 days to the uk from the us, then it goes tits up. A week stuck up in Coventry, then another couple of days waiting for the letter with the reference number and then it gets stuck in system and falls over! On top of that they then have the cheek to send out another reminder that you have a parcel that needs import fees to be paid before delivery!

*Not a typo, that was the politest thing that I could think to call that shower.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #8,778 of 40,539
The customs man. I know how it feels. I'm having the same experience myself with receiving my Spartan. It's arrived in the country, but stuck there since early October. Very frustrating, moreover it isn't within our control.

It's the hope that kills you isn't it, if you don't have access to tracking or no tracking updates at least.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #8,779 of 40,539
So sorry for you guys. Now cool.

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #8,780 of 40,539
It gets better this does! Parcelfarce finally attempted to make a delivery. Sadly (but not surprisingly) no one was in so they left a note. Did they leave it in a secure place (ala amazon)? Did they leave it with the neighbours? Nope they left it up the local post office. Fine, but when someone went to collect it there was no sign of it. "Might be worth checking back after 6pm when they've been" was the response.

Oct 24, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #8,781 of 40,539
It gets better this does! Parcelfarce finally attempted to make a delivery. Sadly (but not surprisingly) no one was in so they left a note. Did they leave it in a secure place (ala amazon)? Did they leave it with the neighbours? Nope they left it up the local post office. Fine, but when someone went to collect it there was no sign of it. "Might be worth checking back after 6pm when they've been" was the response.

I am terribly sorry David, I've had similar experiences before. I just finished taping a printed note onto my front door and my garage door. My UPS man refuses to leave packages even after I sign off on the little slip. I work like 2 minutes from my house so I printed a note that said essentially "call me at XXXXXXX and i'll meet you at my house or right next to it in a few minutes to sign off, I just work down the street." Last time I signed 3 of those little "leave it" slips but he kept just putting new ones up. I've also had UPS lose $1000 packages. You would expect the government run post to be worse but I've never had USPS lose a package and they always get it there on time and they're super friendly everytime I go in there, they're also much faster than UPS/fedex. The guy who shipped my Hugo shipped it UPS and for the price he paid, he could have paid 1/2 shipped USPS and I would have already had Hugo2.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #8,782 of 40,539
Normally, these carriers have the coordinates of the people, they send a message to say that it arrives and often it calls as soon as they are in front of the door.

I received several parcels by private carrier, they all use the same procedure.

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #8,783 of 40,539
I am terribly sorry David, I've had similar experiences before. I just finished taping a printed note onto my front door and my garage door. My UPS man refuses to leave packages even after I sign off on the little slip. I work like 2 minutes from my house so I printed a note that said essentially "call me at XXXXXXX and i'll meet you at my house or right next to it in a few minutes to sign off, I just work down the street." Last time I signed 3 of those little "leave it" slips but he kept just putting new ones up. I've also had UPS lose $1000 packages. You would expect the government run post to be worse but I've never had USPS lose a package and they always get it there on time and they're super friendly everytime I go in there, they're also much faster than UPS/fedex. The guy who shipped my Hugo shipped it UPS and for the price he paid, he could have paid 1/2 shipped USPS and I would have already had Hugo2.

This is the first time I've had this sort of runaround tbh. Fedex have been fine, as have ups in the past. USPS were quick enough from EE to the uk. It's only been since it hit uk shores the screw ups have started. The real irony is that I did actually ask for a redirect to my work address when I rang them yesterday to find out what was happening. Unfortunately they have to do the first attempt to the registered address, and then they can change it.

Ah well, first world problems and all that. At least I should get it tomorrow. Thing is I've been moved at work back into the noisier area so really could have done with these for the isolation :frowning2: Most of my other universal iems either don't fit that well, or do fit but don't have great isolation. I do have a pair of sennheiser hd25-II's which are ok, but then I can't wear glasses. As I'm 7 out of 8 hours in front of a vdu that isn't ideal!

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #8,785 of 40,539
We ship all over the world from my job. In different countries we use either Fedex or UPS and I can tell you that in the UK, UPS is much better than Fedex. Fedex always gives you excuses that paperwork is missing or entirely loose the package.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #8,787 of 40,539
The choice of colors are not simple for the Zeus XRA, I really want to let empire ears by giving only in inscription, to use dark color and a tranparante for the shell.

What do you think about where you have idea of colors?

Thank you

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #8,788 of 40,539
The choice of colors are not simple for the Zeus XRA, I really want to let empire ears by giving only in inscription, to use dark color and a tranparante for the shell.

What do you think about where you have idea of colors?

Thank you

I usually look at their Instagram page for inspiration, or I look at other manufacturers' Instagram pages and ask EE if they can replicate the design.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #8,789 of 40,539
Funny as I'm in the final stages of figuring out what colors I'm going to go with. Translucent vs opaque shells? What to inscribe ie Name and cell number if they get lost or just initials? Probably carbon fiber, but then red, blue or purple shells with them? Just so many amazing choices for sure. Their site seems better than many others I've seen, so that's a help too.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #8,790 of 40,539
Funny as I'm in the final stages of figuring out what colors I'm going to go with. Translucent vs opaque shells? What to inscribe ie Name and cell number if they get lost or just initials? Probably carbon fiber, but then red, blue or purple shells with them? Just so many amazing choices for sure. Their site seems better than many others I've seen, so that's a help too.

EE's internals are some of the tidiest in the industry, so a translucent shell won't go to waste. I'm also a huge fan of EE's opaque shells simply for the fact that their metallic colours are never flat; they're always a dynamic swirl of some kind with glitter. Smoke, metallic gold and metallic silver are popular pairings with carbon fiber. Honestly, with EE, you can hardly go wrong. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back