Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 25, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #8,791 of 40,577
The choice of colors are not simple for the Zeus XRA, I really want to let empire ears by giving only in inscription, to use dark color and a tranparante for the shell.

What do you think about where you have idea of colors?

Thank you

20171007_184633.jpg

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #8,792 of 40,577
Ok, so the Abalone with that translucent blue was one of my original choices, lol. Still not off the board by any means. I'll be torn between opaque or not right up until I place my order, lol. Teh irony is that I use to build wood furniture and still play a bit on smaller projects with my friend Al (I can't play with power tools like I used to because of the MS, lol) and notice snakewood and what looks like Madagascar ebony as choices too. So many options, lol....this is fun.

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #8,794 of 40,577
Ok, so the Abalone with that translucent blue was one of my original choices, lol. Still not off the board by any means. I'll be torn between opaque or not right up until I place my order, lol. Teh irony is that I use to build wood furniture and still play a bit on smaller projects with my friend Al (I can't play with power tools like I used to because of the MS, lol) and notice snakewood and what looks like Madagascar ebony as choices too. So many options, lol....this is fun.

I too almost went for abalone when I was getting my XR, but I ended up choosing not to based on a couple cases of cracked lacquer/acrylic on abalone faceplates. I miss the days when EE accepted custom materials; those were crazier times. But, I guess you can't really justify the cost of numerous broken cutting knives. :D Premium customisation would be something I'd love to see out of EE (ala Noble and co.), but I'd much rather have them finish their prototypes before that; sound comes first, looks can follow. :wink:

I love this color combo

Yes! This is a great example of the glittery swirl I was talking about. The green is beautifully vibrant, lively and pops even as a single colour.

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #8,796 of 40,577
Stop making me look at other options. That's not fair!

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #8,800 of 40,577
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #8,801 of 40,577
Stop making me look at other options. That's not fair!

I went with the black tie swirl on my Zeus-XR, but I think I prefer the Abalone on my Athena... Too many choices!

IMG_20171025_170707157_HDR.jpg

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #8,802 of 40,577
Wow...ok, those smoky translucent shells with CF were one of my top choices. Hmmm..they are stunning. Also that purple shell in the abalone really shows the metallic sparkle. What really looks cool is the full wings logo instead of the EE. :wink:....

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #8,803 of 40,577
Well finally I have my hands on the parcel. Not had time to try it out.

Just checked and assuming the 3-week average build stands atm, EE could have had another cerberus built in two more days in the time it's taken Customs and Parcelfarce to sort out who to hand it too!

Will report back later with fit, but fingers crossed this is it now.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #8,804 of 40,577
Thanks for that link. So many great looking customs there. I'd be happy with many. I'm sure I'll work with EE when placing order. Makes the most sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back