Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 29, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #7,666 of 40,582
Can someone post a picture of the EE logos (full small wings in gold) of their iems please? Silver works too

I thought your Zeus-XRA's (when you had them) had abalone faceplates and the gold full metal wings? Here are some from Instagram:

17663362_627750244074899_1935876063934545920_n.jpg17932301_1180828135348025_8275484767651102720_n.jpg 18513825_1760275014263571_8395904818723422208_n.jpg 18381037_1718579325106742_7487464560685744128_n.jpg

Attachments

• 18513516_1832326713760743_3671485426423562240_n.jpg
    18513516_1832326713760743_3671485426423562240_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
May 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #7,667 of 40,582
if that's so easy then why is there lots of people who end up having bad fit which i read in threads from other companies. what could the audiologist have done wrong so I at least discuss it with them before hand
Hey man, I'm just trying to help. All I'm saying is that if I would make an estimation of the audiophile population in the Netherlands, it would be +/- 15 maybe? The only one I've spotted in the wild is Kerouac. However there are many old people, and a lot of them need hearing aids. So even in a small city of 50K there should be at least 3-5 audiloogists that make the same type of impressions, just for different applications. You might need to point out that they need to fill the outer ear completely for the full shape of the iem, not just the inner ear.

Why other people have bad fits is a different, unrelated question. First of all, there is an inherent bias to notice the negative reports over good reports because they're so 'scary'. My guess is the ratio of good fits to bad is probably extremely high with a company like EE (or most successful ciem companies in general). However, some people's ears are just not suited for custom fits due to particular bends in the ear; just like some people can't wear universals for similar reasons. And then there are people who's ears change shape regularly, so the fit changes.

I had a bad fit the first time I got a custom, because I moved my jaw half way. But since then, I have been on a winning streak of 21 successful fits :muscle:. All from audiologists that had never heard of ciems before I walked in the door.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #7,668 of 40,582
Hey man, I'm just trying to help. All I'm saying is that if I would make an estimation of the audiophile population in the Netherlands, it would be +/- 15 maybe? The only one I've spotted in the wild is Kerouac. However there are many old people, and a lot of them need hearing aids. So even in a small city of 50K there should be at least 3-5 audiloogists that make the same type of impressions, just for different applications. You might need to point out that they need to fill the outer ear completely for the full shape of the iem, not just the inner ear.

Why other people have bad fits is a different, unrelated question. First of all, there is an inherent bias to notice the negative reports over good reports because they're so 'scary'. My guess is the ratio of good fits to bad is probably extremely high with a company like EE (or most successful ciem companies in general). However, some people's ears are just not suited for custom fits due to particular bends in the ear; just like some people can't wear universals for similar reasons. And then there are people who's ears change shape regularly, so the fit changes.

I had a bad fit the first time I got a custom, because I moved my jaw half way. But since then, I have been on a winning streak of 21 successful fits :muscle:. All from audiologists that had never heard of ciems before I walked in the door.

There is always the chance that more people are likely to comment if they have had a problem in that past. I myself (as Jack would likely comment!) have had no end of issues with fitting for customs. That said I think I may have had a break through in that I have found out I had my jaw in the wrong place when having impressions done and found out by accident. I had mis-read "closed mouth" as "closed jaw" and it was that position that I think has been throwing things off (I hope! IF it isn't that then it makes my signature all the more ironic). I'm preparing myself for one more go at this armed with this new information. I've been very good and banned myself from c/iems for a month to give my ears a good chance to settle down (and you have no idea how hard that has been at work, where I use them as ear plugs to block the crap out!), going to get my ears checked for wax and cleaned out if necessary (I seem to need this every six months or so, or after a heavy cold) and see how we go.

May 30, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #7,669 of 40,582
There is always the chance that more people are likely to comment if they have had a problem in that past. I myself (as Jack would likely comment!) have had no end of issues with fitting for customs. That said I think I may have had a break through in that I have found out I had my jaw in the wrong place when having impressions done and found out by accident. I had mis-read "closed mouth" as "closed jaw" and it was that position that I think has been throwing things off (I hope! IF it isn't that then it makes my signature all the more ironic). I'm preparing myself for one more go at this armed with this new information. I've been very good and banned myself from c/iems for a month to give my ears a good chance to settle down (and you have no idea how hard that has been at work, where I use them as ear plugs to block the crap out!), going to get my ears checked for wax and cleaned out if necessary (I seem to need this every six months or so, or after a heavy cold) and see how we go.
Not sure if this might apply to you, but just in case. I have had no end of issues since getting my first set of CEIMs. I have had some minor issues with universals after wearing them for long periods of time, but with the CIEMs it got to the point where I had to have them reshelled to universal. I ended up speaking to a lot of people, including Jack, and eventually someone noted that it might well be possible that I unknowingly grind my teeth. While I am not sure I actually grind my teeth, I am sure that I tense my jaw muscles throughout the day. This obviously affects the shape of my ear canal and with acrylic CEIMs there is not much room for that to happen. It is very likely to have been the cause of all the subsequent pressure issues I have been experiencing.

Again, it might not apply in your case, especially as you noticed the difference between closed mouth and closed jaw, but just in case that turns out not to have been it.

May 30, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #7,670 of 40,582
Hi Rin, the thought just came from no where but did you ever get your Supra G1?

So sorry for the hyper-late reply, but not yet. Lol

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting (and hope it's worth the wait). Not sure how long it has been...

May 30, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #7,672 of 40,582
Have you tried contacting DJ or Jack at EE, or the dealer you bought it from?

I do. But chances are, until Jack returns from his HK Trip I'll probably have to be patient considering there's still a looooooot of clients to go through, I imagine.I am in no rush to get it, but as long as there's a finish line, I am okay with waiting lol...

May 30, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #7,673 of 40,582
I do. But chances are, until Jack returns from his HK Trip I'll probably have to be patient considering there's still a looooooot of clients to go through, I imagine.I am in no rush to get it, but as long as there's a finish line, I am okay with waiting lol...

That's understandable, but considering when you ordered, it shouldn't take this long before you get what you paid a hefty sum for.

Personally, I'm nearing the finish line (if EE keep their word) of my Zeus-XR. As soon as I get it, accompanying the customary glamour shots and first impressions, will be a recounting of how my XR never entered production in the first place because EE ran out of faceplate materials and they waited five weeks to tell me.

They were kind enough to rush it as soon as I chose a new faceplate option, and DJ's service over our numerous e-mails has been stellar as usual, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least slightly ticked off by the situation.

May 30, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #7,674 of 40,582
That's understandable, but considering when you ordered, it shouldn't take this long before you get what you paid a hefty sum for.

Personally, I'm nearing the finish line (if EE keep their word) of my Zeus-XR. As soon as I get it, accompanying the customary glamour shots and first impressions, will be a recounting of how my XR never entered production in the first place because EE ran out of faceplate materials and they waited five weeks to tell me.

They were kind enough to rush it as soon as I chose a new faceplate option, and DJ's service over our numerous e-mails has been stellar as usual, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least slightly ticked off by the situation.

Well, we all have a not-so-good experience even on companies we support, eh? But I honestly ain't angry. Because from all I see throughout Empire's history their service has always been the proudest thing of note so I have faith that they'll make the wait worth it when the final product is released. =)

May 30, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #7,675 of 40,582

i never knew ear shape changes

May 30, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #7,676 of 40,582
My Audiologist rejected a few when she has done them for me, so, she rules.

As did mine!

i never knew ear shape changes

For sure outer ear keeps growing as you get older, so does nose I believe. This is why old dudes have larger ears and noses sometimes. I won't allow my canals to change though because they're stuffed with CIEMs 10+ hours everyday. ^_-

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #7,677 of 40,582
i was wondering which is the totl most musical iem from empire ears that has good full layered sound, great sound stage, with great full mids and not harsh and good solid bass with adel module

May 30, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #7,678 of 40,582
i was wondering which is the totl most musical iem from empire ears that has good full layered sound, great sound stage, with great full mids and not harsh and good solid bass with adel module
I would say easily the Athena.

May 30, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #7,679 of 40,582
I would say easily the Athena.
even with the adel module is the bass tight and present, are the mids full layered like for example the mids on shure 846

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #7,680 of 40,582
even with the adel module is the bass tight and present, are the mids full layered like for example the mids on shure 846
Uhhh, I consider the SE848 to be very bass heavy for my taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back