Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 19, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #7,577 of 40,577
I actually was quoting Tom Petty and no one picked up on it
Yeah, I guess we all left you free fallin' with that one. But as even the losers didn't tell you to don't come around here no more and you probably won't back down, I guess learning to fly is the best solution to stop that free fallin' / avoid a breakdown :wink:

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #7,578 of 40,577
The Merlin has been released for a while, I believe for the same length of time as the Arthur, the Arthur is based on the Zeus-R and the Merlin is based on the Spartan.

May 19, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #7,579 of 40,577
hello, I received my Zeus Xra yesterday! The fit is ok, but I find it goes a lot out of the ear....
a picture (sorry for the poor quality)
20170519_111548.jpg

Is it normal?

May 19, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #7,581 of 40,577
Yeah, I guess we all left you free fallin' with that one. But as even the losers didn't tell you to don't come around here no more and you probably won't back down, I guess learning to fly is the best solution to stop that free fallin' / avoid a breakdown :wink:
Dude quit jammin' me

May 19, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #7,582 of 40,577
hello, I received my Zeus Xra yesterday! The fit is ok, but I find it goes a lot out of the ear....

Is it normal?
Yep ... yours actually sit inside more than my XRA. They are big but nothing like the Frankenstein Bolt Layla I used to own.

May 19, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #7,584 of 40,577

Is it normal?
Nah, that's all wrong. You might as well throw them away. You know what, because I am a generous guy you can send them to me for free disposal. How's that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just kidding of course. From everything I have seen it looks perfectly normal, they do house a rather large number of drivers.

Edit: Really nice by the way. Enjoy!

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #7,587 of 40,577
My Zeus XRA continue to impress. I have just stumbled upon a prog metal band recently that are right up my alley called Animals as Leaders. The Zeus really shows its capability in terms of realism and speed with this band. So awesome.

I have found this chatter re the Zeus not living up to the hype absurd. I have owned the Dita Truth, Lab 1, Katana, K10, K3003's, Parterre, ie800 and others, and heard a good chunk of the other high end iems and the Zeus to me is on another level. I am so happy with the Zeus as a portable that now I am thinking of getting some cans (which I have always resisted - but just got my tax return so got to buy something audio) cus my portable setup is so epic. Thanks Jack.

May 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #7,588 of 40,577
I also recently demo'd the K10 Encore's and Vega's. Both sounded great but was over it within 10 minutes. Being used to Adel now I will not purchase a monitor that does not have Adel or Apex or similar tech.

May 19, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #7,589 of 40,577
My Zeus XRA continue to impress. I have just stumbled upon a prog metal band recently that are right up my alley called Animals as Leaders. The Zeus really shows its capability in terms of realism and speed with this band. So awesome.

I have found this chatter re the Zeus not living up to the hype absurd. I have owned the Dita Truth, Lab 1, Katana, K10, K3003's, Parterre, ie800 and others, and heard a good chunk of the other high end iems and the Zeus to me is on another level. I am so happy with the Zeus as a portable that now I am thinking of getting some cans (which I have always resisted - but just got my tax return so got to buy something audio) cus my portable setup is so epic. Thanks Jack.

I've found that a good way-among other ways-to technically measure the speed/transient response/timing/accuracy with regard to meatl is to use very fast black metal that is well recorded. The nuanced rhythms that good BM produces can often sound blurred or lost with a technically inferior IEM, much the same way some headphones do not to convey reverberations or the "concert hall effect" very well especially against the backdrop of a congested or complex passage, they are lost in the noise.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #7,590 of 40,577
This wait is unbearable, the closer the *due* date, the more desperate i get

Who's having a baby? Picked a name yet? :p

I assume that's your full circle journey of starting with XR, switching to XRA, and now going back to XR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back