Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 10, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #7,501 of 40,577
hey @Jack Vang any update on my Zeus XRA ? it should be done soon !!!! can't wait

Sorry for the late reply. Still trying to find my way around the new UI. They should be going out pretty shortly here.

If you're in a pinch, you can always just poke the powdercoating with a pin of something. it's weird that it was able to pass QC while being plugged, but that stuff is super thin..

I just spoke with @Kozato and we'll get a replacement out ASAP.

Just received my Spartan IV (Custom Universal) today - this is my first Empire Ears IEM and I am very impressed. Build and fit is excellent and customer service (especially from Jack) has been nothing but outstanding. @Jack Vang - thank you very much for helping me with these and arranging for the the full wing CNC aluminum logo upgrade in black.

Couple of pics:

Going to enjoy listening to some tunes with these later on..............:ksc75smile:

:beerchug:

Thank you!! This additional standard option will be featured on the site's builder in the near future as we're awaiting a new batch of silver, gold, and black.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #7,502 of 40,577
thanks for the update Jack, just can't wait. And the black logo looks awesome !

May 10, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #7,506 of 40,577
I seems to be having a hard time finding a dap that does not hiss with my new Athena. Does anyone has any suggestion?

List of dap I have auditioned :

Hiss: AK Kann, iBasso DX200, Fiio X5 III
No Hiss: AK300, NW-WM1A (SE output only)

May 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #7,509 of 40,577
Just received my Spartan IV (Custom Universal) today - this is my first Empire Ears IEM and I am very impressed. Build and fit is excellent and customer service (especially from Jack) has been nothing but outstanding. @Jack Vang - thank you very much for helping me with these and arranging for the the full wing CNC aluminum logo upgrade in black.

Couple of pics:

Going to enjoy listening to some tunes with these later on..............:ksc75smile:

:beerchug:

Very nice design you've chosen, I never thought of a black shell with a golden faceplate, classic and refined. I figured it'd make everything mostly dark inside but I can see quite a bit of the architecture in those shells. :astonished:

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #7,510 of 40,577
Very nice design you've chosen, I never thought of a black shell with a golden faceplate, classic and refined. I figured it'd make everything mostly dark inside but I can see quite a bit of the architecture in those shells. :astonished:

A breathtaking gorgeous design indeed!

Golden faceplates? I thought it was transparent amber...they reminded me a bit (which is a compliment) of baltic amber stones like this:
Baltic-Amber-stone.jpg

May 11, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #7,511 of 40,577

Golden faceplates? I thought it was transparent amber...they reminded me a bit (which is a compliment) of baltic amber stones like this:
Does that amber option come with prehistoric DNA? If so I'll prob take that next time, much better than the standard carbon fiber.

May 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #7,512 of 40,577

I had the same thought when I saw them. One of my design ideas for my first customs was actually based on the baltic amber stones because I work as historian of science and am passionate about evolution, fossils, etc.. I think CEIMs where all the drivers look like they are captured in amber for eternity is really cool!

May 11, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,513 of 40,577

Thanks Ike / Kerouac - I'm very pleased the way the design has come out. It looks great when you get some sunshine on the faceplate, as the black shell fills up with light and lets you see more of the internal architecture of the iem.

The golden faceplates are 'translucent orange' - they do indeed look a bit like those amber stones (minus the prehistoric DNA) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:thumbsup:

May 11, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #7,515 of 40,577
Does that amber option come with prehistoric DNA? If so I'll prob take that next time, much better than the standard carbon fiber.
I still like my carbon fiber, but it's definitely not standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back