Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 8, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #7,493 of 40,629
I really dislike the look of bare twisted wire and fabric braid all these "jewelry cables" they are ugly. my opinion.

Where can i find a nice well built aftermarket cable that looks like this under £100?

westone-um-pro-10-earphones-45.jpg

Dita awesome cables looks great but £££££!

May 8, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #7,494 of 40,629
I really dislike the look of bare twisted wire and fabric braid all these "jewelry cables" they are ugly. my opinion.

Where can i find a nice well built aftermarket cable that looks like this under £100?

Dita awesome cables looks great but £££££!

Fantasy island? Maybe Ted could do one then add the black stuff, he is the lowest I think.

May 9, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #7,495 of 40,629
Oh boy, just abiut 10 days left for my XR to. Arrive!

Been discovering some new music in thr meantime, but not listening yet... Waiting for the Zeus first. Haha

How has everyone been?

Headfi is miserable to get on a mobile device... Takes the joy out of getting on..
Congrats!

I totally feel what you're going through. Depending on which mobile browser you use, the 5/8/17 update may have been beneficial for you. However the update for me hasn't fixed the current fact that I can not post, quote, reply, etcetera using the Dolphin browser on iOS. Hopefully functionality will once again work like it did prior to the transition. I will keep a lookout as time goes on.

With regards to Empire Ears, congrats on 500 thread pages! :beerchug:

May 9, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #7,497 of 40,629
Just an update guys, finally collected my Athena last Saturday after along wait since CamJam March

A68EB313-9F99-4420-AEA4-976D636CDC4F_zpsjgh2omnu.jpg

thankfully the pimple didnt ruin the ear impression, still testing the fit , so far so good

unfortunately i notice this issue so have to head another trip back
photo_2017-05-10_04-40-16_zpsh4ck2zlp.jpg

kudos to the folk at music sanctuary for loaning me the old adel O1 (totally sealed) while they send sent in the defective module to be swap

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #7,498 of 40,629
Just an update guys, finally collected my Athena last Saturday after along wait since CamJam March

A68EB313-9F99-4420-AEA4-976D636CDC4F_zpsjgh2omnu.jpg

thankfully the pimple didnt ruin the ear impression, still testing the fit , so far so good

photo_2017-05-10_04-40-16_zpsh4ck2zlp.jpg

kudos to the folk at music sanctuary for loaning me the old adel O1 (totally sealed) while they send sent in the defective module to be swap

That's a first! Glad it's being sorted

May 9, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #7,499 of 40,629

If you're in a pinch, you can always just poke the powdercoating with a pin of something. it's weird that it was able to pass QC while being plugged, but that stuff is super thin..

May 10, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #7,500 of 40,629
Just received my Spartan IV (Custom Universal) today - this is my first Empire Ears IEM and I am very impressed. Build and fit is excellent and customer service (especially from Jack) has been nothing but outstanding. @Jack Vang - thank you very much for helping me with these and arranging for the the full wing CNC aluminum logo upgrade in black.

Couple of pics:

Spartan1.jpg Spartan3.jpg
Spartan2.jpg

Going to enjoy listening to some tunes with these later on..............:ksc75smile:

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back