Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 2, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #5,867 of 40,591
Here's a short story.  My Athena were shipped last year, reached the local post office (about 2 miles from the house) and disappeared!!  After filing a claim, I got a check for $56.  So, uh, yeah, if it were me, I'd insure it.  YMMV.
Oooo, that had to burn you a bit. Was it custom fit or universal? If it was custom and it got stolen that person probably feels stupid because it would be useless to them.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #5,868 of 40,591
is EE usiing 3D printing ear impression? Usually, is there a lot of remold after first creation? I had a bad and good experience with CIEM with issues on fitting. Just wanted to get more informations
Not 3D printed. Done with a traditional mold. I believe I have answered this question recently.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #5,869 of 40,591
Oooo, that had to burn you a bit. Was it custom fit or universal? If it was custom and it got stolen that person probably feels stupid because it would be useless to them.

They were custom.  That's the only thing about the whole episode that brings me any satisfaction.  The thief, hopefully, couldn't use them.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #5,872 of 40,591
They were custom.  That's the only thing about the whole episode that brings me any satisfaction.  The thief, hopefully, couldn't use them.
Maybe you have an identical twin that you don't know about that has the exact same ears and they stole them and they fit them perfectly?:joy:

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #5,873 of 40,591
Maybe you have an identical twin that you don't know about that has the exact same ears and they stole them and they fit them perfectly?:joy:

Now, that would piss me off! 
biggrin.gif

The good news is I replaced those with Apollo, and since with Zeus XR Adel.  If not for the theft, I'd probably still be listening to Athena (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I really liked the Athena.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #5,874 of 40,591
Now, that would piss me off! :D

The good news is I replaced those with Apollo, and since with Zeus XR Adel.  If not for the theft, I'd probably still be listening to Athena (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I really liked the Athena.
I really like the Athena(I prefer it over the Zeus-XIV and anything else in the line up), so much so, that I avoided listening to it when I went to the Empire Ears HQ for the impressions for my Spartan to be made be Dean.
Edit: I haven't had enough time on the Zeus-R to make a comparison there.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #5,875 of 40,591
How's the difference in sound with mojo vs qp1r? What iems you listened to both with?

QP1R keywords: detailed, dynamic, fast.
Mojo keywords: smooth, intimate, pleasant.

I think they complement each other well. I rotate all my IEMs (see my sig) with them.

Considering getting a Zeus XRA, either custom or uni, haven't decided (better fit vs resale value and less waiting time). If the uni shells are anywhere as big as Angie 1st gen with the carbon fibre weave, then it's already too big for me.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #5,876 of 40,591
QP1R keywords: detailed, dynamic, fast.
Mojo keywords: smooth, intimate, pleasant.

I think they complement each other well. I rotate all my IEMs (see my sig) with them.

Considering getting a Zeus XRA, either custom or uni, haven't decided (better fit vs resale value and less waiting time). If the uni shells are anywhere as big as Angie 1st gen with the carbon fibre weave, then it's already too big for me.

Ive had universal Angie and the Zeus XR universal is much smaller than the Angie. The Angie was an awkward monster, I returned it within the hour

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #5,877 of 40,591
Quite a distant memory, maybe about 4-5 clicks from the bottom for Mojo.

From QP1R, volume pot about 10 on low gain as opposed to 20-25 for my other IEMs.

I listen at moderate levels though.

I think, it should be in the same ball park. Also, Zeus being a mid-centric IEM, chances are, you'd be keeping the volume slightly lower.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #5,879 of 40,591
Does adel take away bass impact?

I'm interested in mid bass impact/slam

Based on my experience with my Athena ADEL, the G1 module does very slightly reduce mid-bass slam. However, it also clears up the (for lack of a better term) "noise" and fatigue you'd usually encounter from a build-up of pneumatic pressure within the ear. I'm guessing this frequency band is impacted the most as lower frequencies typically carry more energy and would therefore produce more pressure within the ear canal. The result is a bass response that is less "boomy" and very slightly reduced in volume, yet infinitely more dynamic and natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back