Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #5,851 of 40,601
Wow...is your hearing bad?

No, it's actually really good according to all the tests we do and check ups we do for fun. I have better hearing than the majority of people. Every IEM I've had is in the same range, Zeus is a bit lower in comparison by like 20% because it is more sensitive. 

To be honest with you guys, I think there's a difference in generation. I'm waiting to hear back from Jack on this. But my pair match up with the demo pairs, where people float around the 20-30 click range. Because while we could write off my ears as shot, every person that I've done demos with being roughly in the same volume range vs a number of you.

Something seems off, ya know?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #5,852 of 40,601
This is just me, but I think people are over exaggerating the sensitivity of the Zeus and their ears, I've tried out the Mojo with my Spartan, granted it's not the Zeus, but I couldn't hear anything at all in a silent room at the minimum volume setting. And when I had the full line up for review the Zeus was only a 1 or 2 ticks lower in volume than the Spartan on my former phone the LG G3, so... Idk why there seems to be such a giant range of where different people are listening at. Also I'm only 17 so my hearing is pretty good.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #5,854 of 40,601
Ok guys, I need to clear the air here. Steve's (CanyonRunner's) Zeus has a different resistor so that his Zeus doesn't hiss with powerful sources. It uses the same resistor that was used in the Zeus demo units at RMAF CanJam.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #5,855 of 40,601
Let me also add that, Jack went back to using the original resistors that are used in the non-ADEL Zeus, because some of us, after trying the demo units at the Canjam reported to him that, there was a marginal difference in signature and resolution between the ADEL and non-ADEL Zeus..

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #5,856 of 40,601
Let me also add that, Jack went back to using the original resistors that are used in the non-ADEL Zeus, because some of us, after trying the demo units at the Canjam reported to him that, there was a marginal difference in signature and resolution between the ADEL and non-ADEL Zeus..

Awesome thanks

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #5,857 of 40,601

So he went back to using the original resistors to increase resolution? cool.  So then it's a tradeoff, no hiss vs slightly lower resolution or hiss with slightly higher resolution. Makes sense.  Not sure which I'd prefer.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #5,858 of 40,601

So he went back to using the original resistors to increase resolution? cool.  So then it's a tradeoff, no hiss vs slightly lower resolution or hiss with slightly higher resolution. Makes sense.  Not sure which I'd prefer.

Yeah, it's a matter of choice. If I know you well enough based on your posts, I think you'd prefer:

Resolution!

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #5,859 of 40,601
How long have you had your Athena in it's current state? I believe you said you have gotten it refit once.

Well I had them about 3ish weeks after got them refit but overall I had them 40ish days.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #5,861 of 40,601
Well I had them about 3ish weeks after got them refit but overall I had them 40ish days.
How often do you wear them?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #5,862 of 40,601
Does anybody ship there iem with insurance?

I am going to ship my Athena back for refit but I feel like if I put insurance on my Athena the postal office will be like what the heck is inside that cost $1000+ that small

Here's a short story.  My Athena were shipped last year, reached the local post office (about 2 miles from the house) and disappeared!!  After filing a claim, I got a check for $56.  So, uh, yeah, if it were me, I'd insure it.  YMMV.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #5,864 of 40,601
Here's a short story.  My Athena were shipped last year, reached the local post office (about 2 miles from the house) and disappeared!!  After filing a claim, I got a check for $56.  So, uh, yeah, if it were me, I'd insure it.  YMMV.

Are you serious?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #5,865 of 40,601
is EE usiing 3D printing ear impression? Usually, is there a lot of remold after first creation? I had a bad and good experience with CIEM with issues on fitting. Just wanted to get more informations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back