Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #39,378 of 40,713
But I think the main reason why I love them now is that I simply don't use them for energetic music. I use them mostly for relatively relaxed music like jazz, whereby the upper mids are not shoved in your face as much.
Wisdom ☝🏻

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #39,379 of 40,713
Seriously late to the party: I heard Odin for the first time yesterday and enjoyed them greatly. I loved the overall timbre and was truly impressed by the amount of detail and transparency/clarity. Starting this hobby, I thought I would gravitate towards warm and analog iem's, however neutral with a hint of warmth seems to be my actual preference. Unfortunately, my ears do not enjoy forwardness in upper-mids and treble (even though I would not say the Odin was harsh or glary). With so many interesting aftermarket cable releases: is there any cable roll that could tame the Odin a bit?
Eletech Plato x Socrates 8 wire would do the trick, I never had an issue with the upper mids personally even buying Hero a second time which is considered even more spicy in that area. The PxS is U shaped in its sig so brings the bass and upper treble more in line with the upper mids, it also expands the soundstage.

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #39,380 of 40,713
Seriously late to the party: I heard Odin for the first time yesterday and enjoyed them greatly. I loved the overall timbre and was truly impressed by the amount of detail and transparency/clarity. Starting this hobby, I thought I would gravitate towards warm and analog iem's, however neutral with a hint of warmth seems to be my actual preference. Unfortunately, my ears do not enjoy forwardness in upper-mids and treble (even though I would not say the Odin was harsh or glary). With so many interesting aftermarket cable releases: is there any cable roll that could tame the Odin a bit?
I'd consider trying the Odyssey or Raven at that point. A cable's not going to tame that.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #39,381 of 40,713
Better late than never!

Odin was created and tuned for instrumental detail in that region. Unfortunately if you’re sensitive to that frequency range and have complex music that’s heavily emphasized in high mid, you’ll probably want to look to Odyssey or Raven.

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #39,382 of 40,713
When inserting Odin into the ear and using Spinfit CP100 or CP155, you can hear the flex driver click twice. Can this damage DD? This does not happen when using Final. Thanks:)
Totally normal, my FE odins have been flexing 😏 since day 1 and no issues

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #39,383 of 40,713
Better late than never!

Odin was created and tuned for instrumental detail in that region. Unfortunately if you’re sensitive to that frequency range and have complex music that’s heavily emphasized in high mid, you’ll probably want to look to Odyssey or Raven.
To add to that, the source you're using is important as well. Using a relatively neutral DAP like an AK SP3000 or some Shanling devices might result in a harsher upper midrange/lower treble on the Odin. Using "warmer" sources like Cayin or Hiby DAPs or tube amps at that, gets you a more balanced and smooth upper midrange/lower treble.

So pairing Odin with the "right" source wool certainly not hurt.

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #39,384 of 40,713
I received the PWA First Times cable yesterday. It's incredible what he was able to do with Odin. Soundstage, bass, details..wow! But most importantly, he was able to tame the sharp mids a little more. I was already satisfied with the iBasso DX320/AMP14 combination before, but now the sound is even more balanced. This is heaven! :beyersmile:

edit: btw: What tips are you using with Odin? The spinfit CP155 sounds the best to me, but they are too long, they hurt my ears. Regardless of size. The CP100 fits perfectly, but kills the soundstage a bit. Final always slips out of the ears, also regardless of the size.. Foams do not suit me at all

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #39,385 of 40,713
I received the PWA First Times cable yesterday. It's incredible what he was able to do with Odin. Soundstage, bass, details..wow! But most importantly, he was able to tame the sharp mids a little more. I was already satisfied with the iBasso DX320/AMP14 combination before, but now the sound is even more balanced. This is heaven! :beyersmile:

edit: btw: What tips are you using with Odin? The spinfit CP155 sounds the best to me, but they are too long, they hurt my ears. Regardless of size. The CP100 fits perfectly, but kills the soundstage a bit. Final always slips out of the ears, also regardless of the size.. Foams do not suit me at all
Try the new spinfit Omni, by far my favourite spinfit with Odin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back