Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 28, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #39,406 of 40,663
You need to decide if you want as much as possible bass or very open treble :)
The wider the bore the less pronounced the bass will be, and the narrower the bore the more closed the treble/stage will be
but let me tell you that Feaulle H570 Latex Tips and Tri Clarion Tips work perfectly fine with Legend Evo.
Both have a wide bore for open treble and soundstage and they still got plenty bass
H570 seals better therefore probably a bit more bass.
I tried a lot of tips with Legend Evo as I was also looking for the most open treble because Evo is kind of limited in that regard.
The two above mentioned are my absolute favourites so far!

Order of preference: BCD, treble, bass. I have a wide bore with nice treble (Spinfit 155) but the BCD is much weaker than narrow bores (Final E, Azla Crystal)
It’s been tricky to pack BCD and treble together. I can see why EE took so long to get to Raven -)

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #39,408 of 40,663
I recommend coreir brass honestly if you want bass and BCD.
Did you try it youself?
I read somewhere that coreir brass will not work well with bone conduction 🤔

@haci What gives you the impression that bone conduction is much weaker?
Because you get less bass?
I guess that's not because of bone conduction not working ideally but more due to the fact of the wide bore.
I'd just invest 5 bucks, order H570 and try it yourself, I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied and it's not as expensive as Coreir Brass tips

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mscMtIM

Oct 29, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #39,409 of 40,663
Did you try it youself?

I guess that's not because of bone conduction not working ideally but more due to the fact of the wide bore.
I'd just invest 5 bucks, order H570 and try it yourself, I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied and it's not as expensive as Coreir Brass tips

With the right equipment you can test it yourself. For example the dynamics plug in of RS8 increases the punch of the bass among other things. You can feel it both through air and bone conduction. With 155 I feel the change mostly in my eardrums, whereas with Final E or Crystals it’s a much richer change that involves what I believe to be more senses.

And yes, why not, thanks for the suggestion -)

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #39,410 of 40,663
Did you try it youself?

IMG_0135.jpeg

Yes.

I also have Spinfit CP360, AZLA Xelastic, Radius deep mount, and Spinfit CP155.

I hate the 155 on Odyssey but I bought those tips for a different IEM, the Odyssey isn’t exactly a wide bore. Radius deep mount is ok but CP 360 is the best. I’m looking to getting the Barqoue to try out

Oct 30, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #39,411 of 40,663
I am fully cognizant of the outstanding pre-orders. While we're eager to speed things up, our dedication to delivering higher quality requires us to adopt a measured, staggered release approach. This strategy is about ensuring consistency. Once we've solidified this process, we'll accelerate our production and roll out larger batches including the Standard Editions.

man love the vocabulary you use , feels like you were a great student in vocabulary back in school

i pictured Morgan Freeman saying these words , sounded epic

/keep up the good work , EE is class act

cheers from Greece

Oct 31, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #39,412 of 40,663
God I wish everyone had their Ravens already. I decided to keep mine and not send back since I don’t cable roll. Listening on the complete Ferrum stack and grinning like a school girl. I add a small bass bump for dance/electronica and these things are incredible. Like having a more holographic and detailed Evo/Odyssey. Those are not getting as much use now.

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #39,413 of 40,663
God I wish everyone had their Ravens already. I decided to keep mine and not send back since I don’t cable roll. Listening on the complete Ferrum stack and grinning like a school girl. I add a small bass bump for dance/electronica and these things are incredible. Like having a more holographic and detailed Evo/Odyssey. Those are not getting as much use now.
🔥🔥🔥

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #39,414 of 40,663
They do respond very well to EQ bumps to the bass. I found them to scale very well with higher end or more powerful sources also.

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #39,415 of 40,663
They do respond very well to EQ bumps to the bass. I found them to scale very well with higher end or more powerful sources also.
Have you gotten your raven already? If I remember right you were waiting on standard addition ?

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #39,418 of 40,663
They don’t suck. I got them for electronic and dance music specifically, and for that they deliver. I listened to a playlist with a variety of music and just skipped most of the tracks because of the very niche tuning. I don’t regret the purchase but they won’t be my go to for most of my listening.

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #39,419 of 40,663
They don’t suck. I got them for electronic and dance music specifically, and for that they deliver. I listened to a playlist with a variety of music and just skipped most of the tracks because of the very niche tuning. I don’t regret the purchase but they won’t be my go to for most of my listening.
Interesting. How would you describe the tuning.

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #39,420 of 40,663
And what is your go to IEM for most of your listening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back