Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 12, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #39,271 of 40,729
The testing having spanned several days is good news in my eyes. If the shells were the problem I assume they would’ve found out rather quickly. Although delayed, ending up being able to use the existing shells would save a lot of time and get these units out much sooner.

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #39,272 of 40,729
Here is a video of taking the cable off and putting back on my Raven for the first time. It’s rough.

Since I was the first one to report the issue about the shell when trying to remove the cable, I felt that I owed it to the people in this thread about my experience on the replacement unit.

The shell does feel more thin when compared to the odyssey (don't have evo or odin anymore). However, I have swapped the cable at least 15x now between the aura and raven without any issues at all. In fact, the 2pin sockets tightness are night and day from the original unit I got. I don't trust the wiggle and tug, as I am afraid that it will eventually wear out the pins on my $$ headphone cable. What I am doing instead of sticking the nail from my thumb to get a grip on one side and my index finger on the other side to slowly nudge it up. I normally use the my other hand to hold onto the iem, but I needed to hold the iphone to film it in this example.

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #39,273 of 40,729
Since I was the first one to report the issue about the shell when trying to remove the cable, I felt that I owed it to the people in this thread about my experience on the replacement unit.

The shell does feel more thin when compared to the odyssey (don't have evo or odin anymore). However, I have swapped the cable at least 15x now between the aura and raven without any issues at all. In fact, the 2pin sockets tightness are night and day from the original unit I got. I don't trust the wiggle and tug, as I am afraid that it will eventually wear out the pins on my $$ headphone cable. What I am doing instead of sticking the nail from my thumb to get a grip on one side and my index finger on the other side to slowly nudge it up. I normally use the my other hand to hold onto the iem, but I needed to hold the iphone to film it in this example.

Thank you for this video. It would be cool if people did the same :) 👍🏼

Oct 12, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #39,277 of 40,729
Nice to see replacement units holding up considering they are unmodified and from the same batch as the ones that failed.
I think the first pull is the careful one, and after that, it gets easier because mine broke on the first pull

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #39,279 of 40,729
Here is a video of taking the cable off and putting back on my Raven for the first time. It’s rough.

Good video! From my own experience, that is not a big deal. Many IEMs have a tight 2 pin cable connection. And you showed the technique that should be used on all IEMs.

Also, should you cable roll, try only inserting the additional cables only half way so that you will maintain a tight connection once your chosen cable is found and fully inserted.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #39,280 of 40,729
This is how it should be when there is a defective product, even a minor defect. I got this email from Bellroy for my recently purchased iPhone 15 Pro case. I wasn’t even the one who complained about the missing button.
At the end of this email, there was a link with a simple select choice #1 or #2 and that’s it.

IMG_0025.png

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #39,281 of 40,729

That's exactly how I've unplugged my 2-pin cables for the 8 or so years I've been in this hobby. 'Never had any issues whatsoever.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #39,282 of 40,729
This is how it should be when there is a defective product, even a minor defect. I got this email from Bellroy for my recently purchased iPhone 15 Pro case. I wasn’t even the one who complained about the missing button.
At the end of this email, there was a link with a simple select choice #1 or #2 and that’s it.

IMG_0025.png
What’s the difference ? EE reworking units to address issue. All existing units can be returned and exchanged for upcoming revised version.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #39,283 of 40,729
What’s the difference ? EE reworking units to address issue. All existing units can be returned and exchanged for upcoming revised version.
I’m not starting another EE vs the rest of the world war. I was just saying that move from Bellroy is an example of professionalism and communication and all that without making any noise on a public forum.

I’m sure EE will do the needful with the kind of high reputation and respect they have from their users.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #39,284 of 40,729

That's great. As I said, EE offers to replace your Raven with the new version any time during the warranty period no questions asked and all costs covered. What is the difference or rather what would you have them do instead? What would make you happy in this situation that they don't already do? I fail to see your point but would be happy for any suggestion. Feedback is always valuable. I will also forward it to Jack.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #39,285 of 40,729
That's great. As I said, EE offers to replace your Raven with the new version any time during the warranty period no questions asked and all costs covered. What is the difference or rather what would you have them do instead? What would make you happy in this situation that they don't already do? I fail to see your point but would be happy for any suggestion. Feedback is always valuable. I will also forward it to Jack.
I was just impressed by that email from Bellroy out of the blue this morning and I simply wanted to share an example. I did not say anything about EE, you are making it so yourself :)

Anyways now that you asked me for feedback, one thing I can ask is for EE to “communicate”, especially with all the speculations going around. The last official message from Jack said that they were recalling units to wiggle the pin. If this is still the case then it’s okay. But even from your last message, I get a hint that they are doing more than that, something to do with the shells and it would be great to hear something official and some timelines of when to expect the new Ravens and if I can already confidently place a pre-order or if I have to wait to see what has changed and so on. I hope this is clear enough for you ? I have summarized here what most people are concerned about which was written in the last 10 pages or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back