Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 11, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #37,786 of 40,613
@CL14715
Thank you for your reply :)
Just like to clarify you can feel the vibrations "some more than others" is:- You can feel more, on the Right and non on the Left if you are playing the same test frequency (Just through my DAP) equally to each IEM?
I was was just wanting to verify the answer I got from my supplier about my pair. Just hoping someone from EE can help answer with this?

I really appreciate people taking time so far, thank you :beerchug:
Yes, correct. There are variations from unit to unit and L to R sides also. I had this same thing on the first pair of EVO that I had and it was due to the W10 milling depth being less on one side. I say first pair because I had a pretty significant channel imbalance so they were replaced. Nothing to do with W10 though.

I mean I know I’m not from EE but I’ve spent enough time there and saw the process. So I know that’s what it is. You’d hear a pretty weird difference on one side if the W10 went rogue on ya.

May 11, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #37,787 of 40,613
Yes, correct. There are variations from unit to unit and L to R sides also. I had this same thing on the first pair of EVO that I had and it was due to the W10 milling depth being less on one side. I say first pair because I had a pretty significant channel imbalance so they were replaced. Nothing to do with W10 though.

I mean I know I’m not from EE but I’ve spent enough time there and saw the process. So I know that’s what it is. You’d hear a pretty weird difference on one side if the W10 went rogue on ya.
@CL14715
That's great to know....thank you.
Yes I have followed your reports on new IEMs and know you spend a bit time at EE 👍
Thanks again 🍻

May 11, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #37,789 of 40,613
Looking for a new cable for the Odins. Something from Eletech likely. Ode To Laura is a bit out of my price range. The one review I could find for the Aeneid with the Odins didn't like the pairing.

Anyone using/have used Eletech cables with the Odins & enjoyed the match up ?

Any/all views appreciated.

TIA
I have my odins paired with effect audio horus cleo bespoke 8w and it is great. Using ibasso dx320 amp14. Strong deep bass, amazing vocals, mids retain their forwardness but the bloom and over exaggeration is solved. The cleo part of the wire helps extend the treble and add a bit of sparkle and brightness and some additional rumble to the bass. Bass remains tight, extended and deep, as i said mids are still forward, vocals have a "sweetness" to them and treble is airy, extended, sparkly but not harsh.

Absolute perfect pairing for me and the odins, I was on the verge of selling them before the cable swap.

I bought mine via @MusicTeck and was quick and easy. Granted its not that much cheaper than the OtL but I can't speak more highly of the combination and synergy.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #37,791 of 40,613
Thanks for the recommendation :wink:
Also worth noting, if you haven't tried it yet, swap to the final audio type e tips but the clear versions of them. They are much clearer (no pun intended) than the original stock/black final audio type e's. For me, the black/stocks have a bit of bass bleed into the mids, this was an issue with the stock cable for me which was significantly reduced by horus/cleo wire swap, but some remained and the tip swap solved the remaining bleed. Other than that the differences between the clear and black/stock versions seem to be slightly more treble/air which results in a wider/taller soundstage, combined with the depth added from horus/cleo it has absolutely changed my perspective of the Odins i once knew (bass bleed/mids blooming/mids being too aggressively forward).

May 11, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #37,792 of 40,613
Also worth noting, if you haven't tried it yet, swap to the final audio type e tips but the clear versions of them. They are much clearer (no pun intended) than the original stock/black final audio type e's.
Thanks for the...err...tip :wink: (defo no pun intended).

Have used CP145s which I like & I'm not displeased with the black Final Type Es - I like the deep snug fit one gets with olives. Have ordered some of the clear & will give them a go.

May 12, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #37,795 of 40,613
I have highlighted the tips coming off in almost every EE review I have written. Recently there has been a little flare on the nozzle which has helped.

May 12, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #37,796 of 40,613
Anyone else have their final e constantly coming loose from the tips and getting stuck in your ears? So frustrating. I was buying new final es almost every other month before I had to switch to a different brand altogether
Had this problem a lot on my Evo's, I switched over to Azlasedna Crystals and haven't looked back since. They do a better job of gripping the Evo's bulky body and keeping it sealed than the final's did too, wish I'd swapped sooner.

May 12, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #37,797 of 40,613
Had this problem a lot on my Evo's, I switched over to Azlasedna Crystals and haven't looked back since. They do a better job of gripping the Evo's bulky body and keeping it sealed than the final's did too, wish I'd swapped sooner.
I had the crystals for a while. I did like them but not good if you are always popping your iems in and out. Takes too long to get them back In your ears at least for me. Stuck with the soft white azlas instead

May 13, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #37,798 of 40,613
Hello To All The EE Lovers and beyond!! Its been a minute since I posted to this thread....I started my journey on head-fi here and my very first TOTL was the Odin FE. I then learned of the Traillii and all the hype around it and decided to sell my Odin for the Bird. I still remember when I first listened to the Traillii and my heart sunk! My first thought was, "I sold my favorite iem ever for this!?!" Then I started hearing what the Traillii was about and fell deeply for that monitor.....however there has always been a hole in my audio heart that was missing Odin and its beautifully addicting in your face personality and still to this day the best bass response I have ever heard. Fast forward more than 2 years after selling The Almighty Odin and having gone through a schit ton of iems in the TOTL realm...I find myself once again purchasing another Odin!!!! I am super excited to have this set back in my rotation and I am anxious to love them all over again. I am looking forward to the Raven as well, but I know it will be an all together different tuning and vibe. The Odin is its own and is proud to be just that! Thank you for reading, I had to share the excitment along with the journey.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #37,799 of 40,613
Hello To All The EE Lovers and beyond!! Its been a minute since I posted to this thread....I started my journey on head-fi here and my very first TOTL was the Odin FE. I then learned of the Traillii and all the hype around it and decided to sell my Odin for the Bird. I still remember when I first listened to the Traillii and my heart sunk! My first thought was, "I sold my favorite iem ever for this!?!" Then I started hearing what the Traillii was about and fell deeply for that monitor.....however there has always been a hole in my audio heart that was missing Odin and its beautifully addicting in your face personality and still to this day the best bass response I have ever heard. Fast forward more than 2 years after selling The Almight Odin and having gone through a schit ton of iems in the TOTL realm...I find myself once again purchasing another Odin!!!! I am super excited to have this set back in my rotation and I am anxious to love them all over again. I am looking forward to the Raven as well, but I know it will be an all together different tuning and vibe. The Odin is its own and is proud to be just that! Thank you for reading, I had to share the excitment along with the journey.
I get it dude. Each new release from EE has me smile more. I remember hearing ODIN and it was just tuned so well, if the upper mids didn't negatively affect you, and thinking man the detail is there and the bass was such quality. I think ODIN was the longest review I ever wrote. Then with each release since, the bass has been the focus, to a large degree, and I am waiting for the best of all of those worlds.

Traillii is special. I have regretted selling it many times. Traillii was one of the few that so many could agree on. I don't think I have ever seen as many folks on HF rally around an IEM as Traillii.

May 13, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #37,800 of 40,613
Hello To All The EE Lovers and beyond!! Its been a minute since I posted to this thread....I started my journey on head-fi here and my very first TOTL was the Odin FE. I then learned of the Traillii and all the hype around it and decided to sell my Odin for the Bird. I still remember when I first listened to the Traillii and my heart sunk! My first thought was, "I sold my favorite iem ever for this!?!" Then I started hearing what the Traillii was about and fell deeply for that monitor.....however there has always been a hole in my audio heart that was missing Odin and its beautifully addicting in your face personality and still to this day the best bass response I have ever heard. Fast forward more than 2 years after selling The Almight Odin and having gone through a schit ton of iems in the TOTL realm...I find myself once again purchasing another Odin!!!! I am super excited to have this set back in my rotation and I am anxious to love them all over again. I am looking forward to the Raven as well, but I know it will be an all together different tuning and vibe. The Odin is its own and is proud to be just that! Thank you for reading, I had to share the excitment along with the journey.
I followed your posts about Odin, and your thoughts on it played a part in me buying it !😃

I actually thought it was an excellent iem, and I found the bass to be really on point. The amount of detail it had was incredible. I remember listening to Nils Lofgren and being completely blown away at the sound of him plucking his guitar strings. Sadly I just wasn’t able to deal with those forward upper mids. I was sad having to sell it but there was just no point in me keeping it due to that particular issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back