Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 10, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #37,773 of 40,664
My original set of EVOs are vibrating along in both the right and left sides. No issues with mine.

Oh yes...about the Raven the gent above me broght up. WHHHHHHHEN. When when When When! :wink:

May 10, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #37,774 of 40,664
My original set of EVOs are vibrating along in both the right and left sides. No issues with mine.

Happy to report the same - both drivers are vibrating (it is really very micro) as they should. It was also a great reminder of how much fun the Evo is. I love it for older recordings and rock/metal, it is so good.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #37,776 of 40,664
Hi,
Just like to thank everyone for chipping in so far about my possible Odyssey fault. Hoping someone from Empire Ears @Jack Vang (sorry Jack your the only name I know from EE) might chip in with a more technical / informed answers for us? I’m just guessing at the moment that you should be able to feel micro vibrations when I have the IEM’s in my hand and they should be felt in both sides at once?

I’m not after a witch hunt, just something I can present to whomever in the UK deals with warranty claims. I have contacted the shop I purchased them from and they have started looking into it for me.

Thanks again. :beerchug:

May 10, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #37,777 of 40,664
Hi,
Just like to thank everyone for chipping in so far about my possible Odyssey fault. Hoping someone from Empire Ears @Jack Vang (sorry Jack your the only name I know from EE) might chip in with a more technical / informed answers for us? I’m just guessing at the moment that you should be able to feel micro vibrations when I have the IEM’s in my hand and they should be felt in both sides at once?

I’m not after a witch hunt, just something I can present to whomever in the UK deals with warranty claims. I have contacted the shop I purchased them from and they have started looking into it for me.

Thanks again. :beerchug:
Good!
Please keep us informed about the results.

May 10, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #37,778 of 40,664
Hi
I got this reply from the shop I purchased the Odyssey from:-

"The physical vibration itself felt from the IEM has little to do with the sound as the W10 is reverse mounted and designed to direct the vibrations to the inside of the shell and towards the listener for maximum conductivity. The reason a customer may feel a more tangible vibration is because the actual mounting surface is hand drilled and hand mounted, leaving various thicknesses, and the thinner ones may exhibit more tangible vibrations on the outside. There should only be a concern if the sound itself is not consistent. Hope this helps!"

I'm hoping someone from Empire Ears could just confirm this for me, please :beerchug:

Thank you.

May 10, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #37,779 of 40,664
Looking for a new cable for the Odins. Something from Eletech likely. Ode To Laura is a bit out of my price range. The one review I could find for the Aeneid with the Odins didn't like the pairing.

Anyone using/have used Eletech cables with the Odins & enjoyed the match up ?

Any/all views appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #37,780 of 40,664
Hi
I got this reply from the shop I purchased the Odyssey from:-

"The physical vibration itself felt from the IEM has little to do with the sound as the W10 is reverse mounted and designed to direct the vibrations to the inside of the shell and towards the listener for maximum conductivity. The reason a customer may feel a more tangible vibration is because the actual mounting surface is hand drilled and hand mounted, leaving various thicknesses, and the thinner ones may exhibit more tangible vibrations on the outside. There should only be a concern if the sound itself is not consistent. Hope this helps!"

I'm hoping someone from Empire Ears could just confirm this for me, please :beerchug:

Thank you.
It is 110% normal to feel some vibrations in the shell as that is how it conducts the frequencies. Some are more noticeable than others due to mounting depth of W10 driver.

May 10, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #37,781 of 40,664
Looking for a new cable for the Odins. Something from Eletech likely. Ode To Laura is a bit out of my price range. The one review I could find for the Aeneid with the Odins didn't like the pairing.

Anyone using/have used Eletech cables with the Odins & enjoyed the match up ?

Any/all views appreciated.

TIA
OTL is a definitely great pairing. Eletech wise, I would look into an Iliad or Socrates 8.

May 10, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #37,783 of 40,664
Cheers ears :thumbsup:
I'd also +1 ET Illiad. If you're looking outside of ET, EA Cleo II OCTA is also another consideration and is on sale through Mother's Day, May 14 for $1279 (20% MSRP $1599).

https://twister6.com/2022/11/22/effect-audio-cleopatra-ii/

EE Odin, stock PWA 1960 2w vs Cleo II octa – in this comparison the soundstage is slightly different where stock PWA adds a bit more width while Cleo II adds more depth. Tonality varies as well. Stock cable gives Odin more neutral bass quantity and brighter upper mids and treble. Cleo II gives Odin bass more texture and adds a bit more weight, and gives mids and treble smoother and more organic tonality.

May 10, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #37,784 of 40,664
May 11, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #37,785 of 40,664
@CL14715
Thank you for your reply :)
Just like to clarify you can feel the vibrations "some more than others" is:- You can feel more, on the Right and non on the Left if you are playing the same test frequency (Just through my DAP) equally to each IEM?
I was was just wanting to verify the answer I got from my supplier about my pair. Just hoping someone from EE can help answer with this?

I really appreciate people taking time so far, thank you :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back