Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 19, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #37,591 of 40,565
Another trip by @CL14715 to EE HQ. It is the way.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #37,594 of 40,565
In the midst of a storm of releases and what is coming next.

Legend X is still legendary. Paired it with EA Code 23 and what a revelation and new life it got. Opened up the high frequencies and stage, tightened the bass but without taking anything from LX Charm. The new Skrillex - Quest For Fire, sounds amazing with this. Special attention to "Rumble", this will shake your brain. The whole "XENA" song is an experience in itself, building up to the crazy sub bass after 3:00.

Funny. I am going through the same. I decided to dust-off the LX and bring only them on a road trip with my new WM1AM2. Was going to sell them with the EVO on hand, but I think they sound too good to part with.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #37,595 of 40,565
Funny. I am going through the same. I decided to dust-off the LX and bring only them on a road trip with my new WM1AM2. Was going to sell them with the EVO on hand, but I think they sound too good to part with.
That may be a wise decision for both of us. :)

BTW, I (personally) think LX is better than EVO. If I had to compare them to each other and chose one. :)

Mar 21, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #37,596 of 40,565
That may be a wise decision for both of us. :)

BTW, I (personally) think LX is better than EVO. If I had to compare them to each other and chose one. :)
I still think EVO is a big step up for my preferences. I’ve said before that I think EVO really needs burn-in time each and every time for me. If I (or anyone) quickly A/B’s with LX, I think LX would win 9 times out 10. It’s not until I settle in with the EVO that they come to life with the subtle (and not so subtle) details.

Mar 23, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #37,598 of 40,565
Hello, I have recently acquired EE Odin's, currently using Fiio BTR7 to run them on balance connection but thought I need something better to get the most out of them.
I'm relatively new to IEMs and never owned a DAPs so looking for some advice.

Has anyone tried to pair Odins with Shanling M7 ? Is it a good pair ?

Also would like to hear some good recommendations from your experience 🙌🏻

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #37,599 of 40,565
Hello, I have recently acquired EE Odin's, currently using Fiio BTR7 to run them on balance connection but thought I need something better to get the most out of them.

You can always scale sources to obtain that .00001% if you feel shorted in any way, but.. I've run them off of many sources, even a Lotoo S2 dongle and they performed great.

If you like their sound as is, pair them with a neutral source to maintain that level of detail and transparency.

If you want them to sound a little less razor sharp with clarity, a warmer source will soften them up a bit.

I always say skip the crazy money DAP's if you can deal with a phone being tethered on the go and just grab a Chord Mojo 2 or something of that caliber.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #37,600 of 40,565

The Odin does not need much power to be honest to get the full out of them, compared to some other IEM's I have tried. Personally, I love Lotoo's DAPs, so I am biased there... LPGT Ti for the win. I have a Cayin C9 as a extra but definitely not needed for Odin.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #37,601 of 40,565

It pairs great with the M9 so I’d imagine it would also pair well with the M7. The best I’ve heard Odin however is with Hugo 2… although not really that portable, more transportable. Out of the Daps that I’ve heard none come close to how Odin sounds with Hugo 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back