Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 17, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #37,576 of 40,591
What is your preference if you don’t mind me asking ? :)
My Odyssey is still in transit, shipping delayed. Meanwhile I’m thinking about cables and ear tips !
I highly recommend the Spiral dot (originals) and Azla vivids in terms of tips.

I think I’m starting to find that my preference is toward a slightly boosted upper mids but with ample mid and sub bass. Odyssey with the standard cable sounded quite ‘L’ shaped with too much warmth permeating the rest of the sound for my preferences (very reminiscent of the original LX with its standard cable). This made it sound like a slight veil was over the mids. This feeling persisted even with the Eletech Plato x Socrates x8 but to a lesser extent. The difference when putting the Chiron on Odyssey was night and day to my ears, mids became crystalline, extremely layered and more open with the veil completely gone, mid bass had tightened up and seemingly a smidgen less in quantity whereas upper mids get a slight boost. The whole signature tilts slightly brighter but just the right amount to not encrouch on bright sounding, more of a ‘W’ shape type signature now. It’s made Odyssey surpass EXT as my favourite IEM tbh and I hate that it’s made this much of a difference, I feel uncomfortable spending this amount on a cable but I can’t argue with the results.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #37,577 of 40,591
Mar 17, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #37,579 of 40,591
That's what's nice about the OTL. The technicalities are in the same ballpark as FTS (I own both) but with much better ergonomics.

Mar 18, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #37,582 of 40,591
I highly recommend the Spiral dot (originals) and Azla vivids in terms of tips.

I think I’m starting to find that my preference is toward a slightly boosted upper mids but with ample mid and sub bass. Odyssey with the standard cable sounded quite ‘L’ shaped with too much warmth permeating the rest of the sound for my preferences (very reminiscent of the original LX with its standard cable). This made it sound like a slight veil was over the mids. This feeling persisted even with the Eletech Plato x Socrates x8 but to a lesser extent. The difference when putting the Chiron on Odyssey was night and day to my ears, mids became crystalline, extremely layered and more open with the veil completely gone, mid bass had tightened up and seemingly a smidgen less in quantity whereas upper mids get a slight boost. The whole signature tilts slightly brighter but just the right amount to not encrouch on bright sounding, more of a ‘W’ shape type signature now. It’s made Odyssey surpass EXT as my favourite IEM tbh and I hate that it’s made this much of a difference, I feel uncomfortable spending this amount on a cable but I can’t argue with the results.
Thanks a lot for your opinion. I’m not sure if I’ll ever spend that much on a cable, but good to know !

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #37,583 of 40,591
C967C027-87E2-4F66-9DC6-88695FEF2D9A.jpeg

It’s here ! :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #37,584 of 40,591
In the midst of a storm of releases and what is coming next.

Legend X is still legendary. Paired it with EA Code 23 and what a revelation and new life it got. Opened up the high frequencies and stage, tightened the bass but without taking anything from LX Charm. The new Skrillex - Quest For Fire, sounds amazing with this. Special attention to "Rumble", this will shake your brain. The whole "XENA" song is an experience in itself, building up to the crazy sub bass after 3:00.

IMG_4493.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back