Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 20, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #36,256 of 40,587
Legend X plus Drum & Bass

It’s like a whole new chapter has just opened up in my life 😃

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #36,258 of 40,587
Oh you have the advar?
I did have it for a few weeks for a review. (haven’t published it yet, though)

It does impress for the price. Just don’t use the included Final tips, go for something wide bore or foams and you will be well served. Final and narrow bore tips makes it shouty.

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #36,259 of 40,587
I did have it for a few weeks for a review. (haven’t published it yet, though)

It does impress for the price. Just don’t use the included Final tips, go for something wide bore or foams and you will be well served. Final and narrow bore tips makes it shouty.
Interesting, that narrow bores make it shouty and wide don't. What was the signature?

Aug 20, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #36,260 of 40,587
Legend X plus Drum & Bass

It’s like a whole new chapter has just opened up in my life 😃
It is interesting... I searched on Amazon music, not sure if the playlists are a good representation

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #36,261 of 40,587
It is interesting... I searched on Amazon music, not sure if the playlists are a good representation
I’m totally new to the genre so I decided to just do a search for best drum & bass. This was the first thing to come up -

https://www.lovethatbass.com/reviews/best-drum-and-bass-albums/

The sub bass on LX for some of the tracks is awesome.

There is a lot of stuff on that list, but for me, two particular tracks I’ve heard so far that I think typifies the genre are: Pendulum ‘Slam’ and Dillinja ‘Nasty Ways’. However the more I look though the more I see that this genre has many variations and spin-offs.

One thing is for certain though. Those bass cannons on the LX will get a lot of use with this music type!

Aug 20, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #36,262 of 40,587
Has anyone here owned the Bravado? It's like 100 bucks more expensive than the original Supra (which is $499 IIRC), but is it any good? All I've read about it was "very, very bassy" based from just a few users' rough impression.

Is it worth the price or are there just better options out there for that price (it's not exactly steep I know, but it's not really cheap either to fork out 600 bucks for an entry IEM...)
I own them as a custom. Got them a few years back and use them as a travel IEM when flying. Definitely a lot of bass, but need that to help with the ambient cabin sound when flying, and agree with other comments that the Bravado MKII is much better.

Aug 20, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #36,263 of 40,587
I own them as a custom. Got them a few years back and use them as a travel IEM when flying. Definitely a lot of bass, but need that to help with the ambient cabin sound when flying, and agree with other comments that the Bravado MKII is much better.
If only there's a way to demo it since Empire Ears have no carrier/dealer in malaysia at the moment, at least not that I heard of.

if the Bravado MK II is much better, I'd like to know what's really different compared to MKI.
Check the Meze Advar, it sounds like what you’re looking for
I'll give it a look, but the treble bit kinda scare me since I'm one of those who can't stand sibilance.

Aug 20, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #36,264 of 40,587
That said the P8 Socrates is a competely different animal even compared to the regular Socrates. Well worth the potential price tag.
We’ll see - P8S should be released in the Fall. I will message you over on the Eletech thread about P8S so as not to derail the EMPIRE Ears focus here.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #36,267 of 40,587
I was kidding, mostly. 😉 I’ve held off on the EVO as I’m weary of the fit with my small(er) ears, but I’m also still enjoying the LX & LX SE. I’m looking forward to hearing/reading more about this new IEM though, as with any of EE’s releases. Can’t wait for the official announcement.

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #36,268 of 40,587
If only there's a way to demo it since Empire Ears have no carrier/dealer in malaysia at the moment, at least not that I heard of.

if the Bravado MK II is much better, I'd like to know what's really different compared to MKI.

I'll give it a look, but the treble bit kinda scare me since I'm one of those who can't stand sibilance.
I can’t stand high treble, believe me… just look at my IEMs, all warm ones. But Meze can be a well balanced one with the right tips. Need to soend some time experimenting with tips, before ruling it out. Pass that point, It’s a great choice.

Aug 21, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #36,269 of 40,587

RedApe in Puchong used to have demos for Empire Ears. Haven't been there for sometime since I moved but you can ask Ryan and the team if they still have it.

Aug 21, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #36,270 of 40,587
RedApe in Puchong used to have demos for Empire Ears. Haven't been there for sometime since I moved but you can ask Ryan and the team if they still have it.
Alright, I'll probable give them a word, fingers crossed they still have anything to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back