Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #36,241 of 40,587
Hummm so they have choseen to (again) upgrade the LX ??? But EVO was not a lx évolution ?

So there is no plan to update Odin :frowning2: ?

A proper LX sucessor needs less upper mids to capture the hearts of its domestic market.

I just don't ses a need. LX is LX. Its also the only iem where I disliked it even more after each additional try.

What kind of heresy is that

@CL14715
Hi,
Is the new LX upgrade the prototype you waxed lyrical about when you visited them earlier in the year?
If not, can you shed any more about that as it peaked my interest some what :L3000:

Cheers.

Can you at least describe the sound and give some brief impressions?

I thought the EVO was supposed to be the LX upgrade.

Ok just to be clear.. I never said it was replacing the LX. I said it was better than anything I have ever heard them create, including Odin, EVO etc. I have an idea now what it is but can’t say.

@geordieman yes that was it @Kozwoz as far as describing it, the version I heard which I don’t believe was changed or retuned, sounded unlike anything EE has released aside from having their class leading bass. The upper mids were tuned much clearer and much less elevated. The upper mid gripes are about to cease cause they were around LX presence but more resolving and wider. Treble was incredibly detailed and airy which isn’t what EE is known for. Soundstage is wider than any current EE release by far. My guess is that it’s a hybrid loaded with top end components and a lot of them.

I enjoyed it more than Traillii, U18s and LX, which have settled as my favorite IEM’s. Take from that what you will. I’m not trying to hype ‘train’ it or do anything like that. These will sell themselves and I’m just personally very happy I’ll be able to own them sometime in the future. Faceplates and overall presentation will be gorgeous as well.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #36,244 of 40,587
Ok just to be clear.. I never said it was replacing the LX. I said it was better than anything I have ever heard them create, including Odin, EVO etc. I have an idea now what it is but can’t say.

@geordieman yes that was it @Kozwoz as far as describing it, the version I heard which I don’t believe was changed or retuned, sounded unlike anything EE has released aside from having their class leading bass. The upper mids were tuned much clearer and much less elevated. The upper mid gripes are about to cease cause they were around LX presence but more resolving and wider. Treble was incredibly detailed and airy which isn’t what EE is known for. Soundstage is wider than any current EE release by far. My guess is that it’s a hybrid loaded with top end components and a lot of them.

I enjoyed it more than Traillii, U18s and LX, which have settled as my favorite IEM’s. Take from that what you will. I’m not trying to hype ‘train’ it or do anything like that. These will sell themselves and I’m just personally very happy I’ll be able to own them sometime in the future. Faceplates and overall presentation will be gorgeous as well.
Any mention of the timeframe? I was gonna purchase the Evo but now you’ve thrown a spanner in the works 😝

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #36,245 of 40,587

I'm assuming that this will debut at Canjam in Socal? This is something that I'm definitely looking forward to, especially if it keeps the bass response and BCD that the EVO has.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #36,246 of 40,587
Has anyone here owned the Bravado? It's like 100 bucks more expensive than the original Supra (which is $499 IIRC), but is it any good? All I've read about it was "very, very bassy" based from just a few users' rough impression.

Is it worth the price or are there just better options out there for that price (it's not exactly steep I know, but it's not really cheap either to fork out 600 bucks for an entry IEM...)

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #36,248 of 40,587
Has anyone here owned the Bravado? It's like 100 bucks more expensive than the original Supra (which is $499 IIRC), but is it any good? All I've read about it was "very, very bassy" based from just a few users' rough impression.

Is it worth the price or are there just better options out there for that price (it's not exactly steep I know, but it's not really cheap either to fork out 600 bucks for an entry IEM...)
I owned them. Wasn't a fan. the MKII are much better but out of that price range. Either way both a darker and bass heavy.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #36,249 of 40,587
I owned them. Wasn't a fan. the MKII are much better but out of that price range. Either way both a darker and bass heavy.
Ah, I see. That's fair enough then.

I guess for $600 there's just a lot of other options out there.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #36,251 of 40,587
There's tons of options, depending on what sound you're looking for. IF you want dark and bass heavy then they'll fit the bill. If not I would say look for some used Andromeda 2020's.
if I am honest, I am not a fan of Andromeda. :sweat_smile:

I find it just way too sensitive and it doesn't sound right to my ears, but I can't quite explain why. Maybe it just feels like its got a bizzare imaging to my ears or something.

And honestly, I'm looking for something more balanced and has great separation but also energetic (maybe some brightness but nothing too overpowering).

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #36,252 of 40,587

I find it just way too sensitive and it doesn't sound right to my ears, but I can't quite explain why. Maybe it just feels like its got a bizzare imaging to my ears or something.

And honestly, I'm looking for something more balanced and has great separation but also energetic (maybe some brightness but nothing too overpowering).

Fair enough on Andromeda. I just always recommend them as the de facto entry to IEM's. I do agree that CFA sensitivity can be an issue for many.

Hmmmm... balanced with separation and energy...

Bloom Audio do have some Bravado MKII for $639 https://bloomaudio.com/collections/...pire-ears-bravado-mkii?variant=39704838537291

I do recommend the Bravado MKII as I feel it is majorly under represented and punches above its price. It is bass emphasized through lower mids but it does sound great overall.

If your certain you don't want bass like that... something I have heard recently that sounds like what you want is the earsonic onyx.

https://audio46.com/products/earsonics-onyx-universal-in-ear-monitor

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #36,253 of 40,587

Have you checked out any Earsonics?

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #36,254 of 40,587
Have you checked out any Earsonics?
I haven't tried any since they're not available in my region (Malaysia), sorry.

Fair enough on Andromeda. I just always recommend them as the de facto entry to IEM's. I do agree that CFA sensitivity can be an issue for many.

Hmmmm... balanced with separation and energy...

Bloom Audio do have some Bravado MKII for $639 https://bloomaudio.com/collections/...pire-ears-bravado-mkii?variant=39704838537291

I do recommend the Bravado MKII as I feel it is majorly under represented and punches above its price. It is bass emphasized through lower mids but it does sound great overall.

If your certain you don't want bass like that... something I have heard recently that sounds like what you want is the earsonic onyx.

https://audio46.com/products/earsonics-onyx-universal-in-ear-monitor
I will give it a look but that price is still sorta steep to swallow, so...maybe need to consider first.

And I'll check out the Onyx. It look like a solid IEM on paper alone. And it certainly look properly built.

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #36,255 of 40,587
I haven't tried any since they're not available in my region (Malaysia), sorry.

I will give it a look but that price is still sorta steep to swallow, so...maybe need to consider first.

And I'll check out the Onyx. It look like a solid IEM on paper alone. And it certainly look properly built.
Check the Meze Advar, it sounds like what you’re looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back