Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #36,121 of 40,560
I did it. I was not sure how much I would like IEM and then I bought The 7hz Timeless, CCA, and the Chu and realized that IEM's are great for music an intimate musical experience for me. The Timeless are very good, the other 2 well... not so much. I read almost every post in this thread. I forgot most, and always skipped over cable talk, but there are a lot of good people and insights and that I appreciate. I now have the Legend X! I have never seen or tried Empire Ears until today. Quality, luxury, attention to detail, research, and made with elite skill would be how I would describe their products. As I am in the 1st half hour of listening to them I am all smiles. This is everything I never knew I needed. Lightweight, comfortable, and sound that merges with the soul. Damn, Thanks Empire and to all the feedback from the people here. Cheers!

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #36,122 of 40,560
I did it. I was not sure how much I would like IEM and then I bought The 7hz Timeless, CCA, and the Chu and realized that IEM's are great for music an intimate musical experience for me. The Timeless are very good, the other 2 well... not so much. I read almost every post in this thread. I forgot most, and always skipped over cable talk, but there are a lot of good people and insights and that I appreciate. I now have the Legend X! I have never seen or tried Empire Ears until today. Quality, luxury, attention to detail, research, and made with elite skill would be how I would describe their products. As I am in the 1st half hour of listening to them I am all smiles. This is everything I never knew I needed. Lightweight, comfortable, and sound that merges with the soul. Damn, Thanks Empire and to all the feedback from the people here. Cheers!
Welcome to the Forums also! LX is like a fine wine that improves with age and good pairing. The difference is you get to taste it as that happens. Enjoy!

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #36,124 of 40,560
At the beginning of the year I sent my Odins to my audiologist for custom tips and they broke during the process :smirk:
After a long insurance process I have received them back today and they look better than ever:

1660124354407.png

In the meanwhile I got several different IEMs (Elysian X, Mason FS, Phönix and others) and the Odin's are still there at the very top of the IEM game. Forgot how good they sound, man it was a long time. The bass is second to none. Detail retrieval enthusiasts will find everything they need. I'd like to see how the upper mids evolve for me. I probably need to tame then down a bit for my liking. But I was very surprised how good they still are. Thanks to the EE team for the repair and top notch finish!

Edit: they broke because of the audiolgist

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #36,125 of 40,560
At the beginning of the year I sent my Odins to my audiologist for custom tips and they broke during the process :smirk:
After a long insurance process I have received them back today and they look better than ever:

In the meanwhile I got several different IEMs (Elysian X, Mason FS, Phönix and others) and the Odin's are still there at the very top of the IEM game. Forgot how good they sound, man it was a long time. The bass is second to none. Detail retrieval enthusiasts will find everything they need. I'd like to see how the upper mids evolve for me. I probably need to tame then down a bit for my liking. But I was very surprised how good they still are. Thanks to the EE team for the repair and top notch finish!
They’re stunning! Still in love with my Odins.

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #36,126 of 40,560

1660124354407.png

Edit: they broke because of the audiolgist
They look awesome! Congrats on getting them back :)

They’re stunning! Still in love with my Odins.
I miss listening to Odin 😢 but gonna try and be patient and see what EE have coming up

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #36,127 of 40,560
They look awesome! Congrats on getting them back :)

I miss listening to Odin 😢 but gonna try and be patient and see what EE have coming up
I miss the detail and transparency, but still have the EVO so it has eased the pain. Two different signatures, both enjoyable in their own right.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #36,128 of 40,560
I miss the detail and transparency, but still have the EVO so it has eased the pain. Two different signatures, both enjoyable in their own right.
It's the second Odin I own. The first impressions after a longer break were always like "wow outstanding bass and detail retrieval, especially in the mids". But this time I was particularly amazed about the richness of the sound. I listend to a lot of Mason FS the last days and it's a day and night difference regarding the richness in the sound. Great great set!

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #36,131 of 40,560
pretty much my fave faceplates ever.

Aug 11, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #36,132 of 40,560
Hello Empire Ears community:)

I have a huge decision regarding and eventual trigger on the Odin....

I got my LX since 2 years and I am more than happy about this guilty pleasure..

I got also the Mest MK2 and dunu sa6, I wish to upgrade the mest mk2 but wondering if the price difference between mk2 and the Odin will be justified and if I will have the waouh effect.

Is someone had/have both and tell me if it's worth to upgrade for a 3k usd Odin instead of keep my 1k usd mest .

Thank you for your honest feedbacks

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #36,133 of 40,560
Aug 11, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #36,134 of 40,560
I don't quite understand why Empire Ears ODIN has such an admiring attitude. They are not perfect in my opinion. For me, ODIN has a rather tiring upper middle, so I can’t listen to them for a long time. Therefore, in the end, I took the Legend EVO. This is just my opinion and maybe it will help someone in choosing. In any case, everyone has different preferences.

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #36,135 of 40,560
I don't quite understand why Empire Ears ODIN has such an admiring attitude. They are not perfect in my opinion. For me, ODIN has a rather tiring upper middle, so I can’t listen to them for a long time. Therefore, in the end, I took the Legend EVO. This is just my opinion and maybe it will help someone in choosing. In any case, everyone has different preferences.
I think it depends on a person’s sensitivity to the Odin’s upper mids. I thought Odin itself had a superb overall sound, but I personally was not able to deal with those upper mids and so I decided to sell it. However, I still remember fondly aspects of it that were outstanding. String instruments were incredible, bass to me was excellent, and the details and layering were superb. If a person is not sensitive to that upper mids area then I think Odin is a good IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back