Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 27, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #36,091 of 40,613
One of the painful fits unfortunately like the Z1R. Maybe I'll give it another go at a Canjam to have a more credible opinion.

If I recall, it had good extention in the bass. Higher bass quantity (V shape) than the Traillii (W shape) with less aggression than the XE6. The similarity that I heard was that both the T & EXT are going for a musical presentation and I have that covered with the T.
Cool. It must be based on music genre. Based on my collection, the PHonix and EXT cover the same music and since I preferred the deeper bass response of EXT, I didn't get a Phonix. I don't think everyone would agree with me that Phonix and EXT are redundant.

If you will be at CanJam Socal, can't wait to meet you. I'll have most of my IEMs with me so anyone can listen to anything I have that isn't custom.

Oh, and you can A/B test in real time. If you did the listen based on memory, it's possible you remember it differently than it actually is. I have definitely done that.

All I need to do to find you is look for the best dressed guy there. I dress like a bum. You being there may force me to up my game.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #36,092 of 40,613
Cool. It must be based on music genre. Based on my collection, the PHonix and EXT cover the same music and since I preferred the deeper bass response of EXT, I didn't get a Phonix. I don't think everyone would agree with me that Phonix and EXT are redundant.

If you will be at CanJam Socal, can't wait to meet you. I'll have most of my IEMs with me so anyone can listen to anything I have that isn't custom.

Oh, and you can A/B test in real time. If you did the listen based on memory, it's possible you remember it differently than it actually is. I have definitely done that.
On second though, I could have worded it better. Besides the fit issue, at the time I felt like the EXT didnt fit my limited 2-3 IEM collection. It is generous of you to allow me to hear your IEMs. More than than the gear itself, it would be interesting to hear more about your life experiences.

All I need to do to find you is look for the best dressed guy there. I dress like a bum. You being there may force me to up my game.
The boss is always the one who is dressed down :wink:

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #36,094 of 40,613
On second though, I could have worded it better. Besides the fit issue, at the time I felt like the EXT didnt fit my limited 2-3 IEM collection. It is generous of you to allow me to hear your IEMs. More than than the gear itself, it would be interesting to hear more about your life experiences.

The boss is always the one who is dressed down :wink:
I kind of appreciate the bass on the EXT, I have a good fit on those and overall its a strong contender. But likewise i think it is not good enough to squeeze into a top 3 collection

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #36,098 of 40,613
Hello All, how are the bass and sub-bass on the ESR-MK II? Should I look at a different model?
What kind of bass are you looking for?

For my ears, I’d consider the ESR MKII more on the “Neutral” side with a mid-bass bias. It extends very well in the sub region but it’s not elevated in that section. If you’re after a “Fun” sound, this ain’t it.

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #36,099 of 40,613
I'm looking for bass, tight sub-bass not really "fun." I am not a "basshead", but I want sub-bass that hits hard. I am looking for something to complement my Fir Audio V x Vs. What would be a better contender?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #36,100 of 40,613
I'm looking for bass, tight sub-bass not really "fun." I am not a "basshead", but I want sub-bass that hits hard. I am looking for something to complement my Fir Audio V x Vs. What would be a better contender?
Are you wanting to stay with EE? In the 64A world I’d have said U12T or Trio.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #36,102 of 40,613
I unfortunately never heard the VxV yet, but if it’s tight sub bass but still hits hard Is what you’re looking for, then the Odin would be it for me.

The U12t might be an option too just like what @jlemaster1957 has mentioned but it’s quite a bit on the richer side in my ears. TheU12t Definitely hits hard though. I haven’t heard the Trio so I can’t say how it would fair.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #36,103 of 40,613
Feel kind of weird asking this, but has anyone contacted EE customer support recently and received replies back? I sent an email on July 10th and got a response July 11th. I had more questions to ask so I sent a few follow-up emails, but I haven't received a response since.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #36,104 of 40,613
Bass = LX 😅

Ok, LX is also great when bass is not the focus. It can do it all.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #36,105 of 40,613
I am not partial to any brand. I may take a look at the U12T.
Honestly I'd buy Fir Audio M5 if you're a fan of Fir Audio's signature. It's a big stepup from vxv and is pretty affordable nowadays on headfi classified.

64 Audio has a different house sound - I'd say a little "older" sounding compared to Fir house signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back