Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 2, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #35,403 of 40,606
It doesn't. They are completely different.

It's so drastic that you'd have to hear them both to understand.
I never heard the Odin or the U18S and I’m curious of your opinion of the U18S. I have the older custom A12 and like it signature. I never heard the Odin but from what I read it doesn’t sound like it’s for me. I’m still not sure if I’m even keeping the Evo yet.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #35,404 of 40,606
I never heard the Odin or the U18S and I’m curious of your opinion of the U18S. I have the older custom A12 and like it signature. I never heard the Odin but from what I read it doesn’t sound like it’s for me. I’m still not sure if I’m even keeping the Evo yet.
Not enjoying EVO?

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #35,405 of 40,606
For people who keep an arsenal of TOTL IEMs, specialty tuned IEM will definitely be keepers. However, for people who would like to have a lean inventory of IEMs, especially just one or two, keeping IEMs such as EVO would be a hard to make decision. All-arounder IEM, such as U12t, will be the best choice.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #35,406 of 40,606
To be honest I can't think of too many true all rounder flagship IEMs these days (that's not to say there aren't any, I can still list a handful). Most seem to want their flagship to stand out and have a unique identity that's tied to the brand. A lot of flagships can co exist in a collection and that's what makes this hobby so damn expensive. I'm the kind of guy who usually prefers all rounders so it's nice that I get to save some cash that way since they're usually priced lower :p

That being said I'd happily fit a custom Odin in my collection...

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #35,408 of 40,606
For people who keep an arsenal of TOTL IEMs, specialty tuned IEM will definitely be keepers. However, for people who would like to have a lean inventory of IEMs, especially just one or two, keeping IEMs such as EVO would be a hard to make decision. All-arounder IEM, such as U12t, will be the best choice.
We all have an opinion. Impossible to speak for the masses, only yourself.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #35,409 of 40,606
Is it really about "all-arounder" or the signature you enjoy the most?
At least for me personally I typically listen to a very wide range of genres so an "all-rounder" signature is the type I gravitate towards when auditioning because, well, I'm going through a very wide range of different music. I think that my sound signature preference when auditioning greatly differs from what I want during practical use at home where I can pick whatever IEM I feel like listening to on that particular day.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #35,410 of 40,606
To be honest I can't think of too many true all rounder flagship IEMs these days (that's not to say there aren't any, I can still list a handful). Most seem to want their flagship to stand out and have a unique identity that's tied to the brand. A lot of flagships can co exist in a collection and that's what makes this hobby so damn expensive. I'm the kind of guy who usually prefers all rounders so it's nice that I get to save some cash that way since they're usually priced lower :p

That being said I'd happily fit a custom Odin in my collection...
I feel Odin would be a great custom, but that is only my opinion.

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #35,412 of 40,606
At least for me personally I typically listen to a very wide range of genres so an "all-rounder" signature is the type I gravitate towards when auditioning because, well, I'm going through a very wide range of different music. I think that my sound signature preference when auditioning greatly differs from what I want during practical use at home where I can pick whatever IEM I feel like listening to on that particular day.
Great response. I guess my point is, who can say the Evo is not someone's all-arounder?

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #35,413 of 40,606
Odin is my favourite of the currently in production EE lineup, I've been talking to Jack about it for what seems like forever now haha
Is Odin an "all-arounder" to you?

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #35,415 of 40,606
Not 100% sure yet. I only have about 25 hours on it. I’m not sure if I can get used to universals.
That makes sense. For sound and seasoning they need for time, but that won't change the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back