Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 2, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #35,117 of 40,582
I have wanted to revisit these for a while, and I am glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed them the second time around. Not sure what variable changed in my chain to give much more positive impressions from when I first heard them but who knows.

Unfortunately the size of the IEMs doesn't play nice with my left ear. If these were to come out in CIEM and they were able to be built with my impressions (the Odin doesn't work for me) I would pull the trigger. :)

IMG_8888.jpg

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #35,118 of 40,582
I have wanted to revisit these for a while, and I am glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed them the second time around. Not sure what variable changed in my chain to give much more positive impressions from when I first heard them but who knows.

Unfortunately the size of the IEMs doesn't play nice with my left ear. If these were to come out in CIEM and they were able to be built with my impressions (the Odin doesn't work for me) I would pull the trigger. :)

IMG_8888.jpg
Awesome that you like it. Too bad you can't get the fit you need. I happened to be listening to them now. For me, end game bass.

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #35,119 of 40,582
Empire's got some cool stuff cooking... but when do they not?
Yeah, I heard their new prototype monitors at CanJam NYC. It moves slightly off the Empire Ears house sound and elevates the mid and upper bass to make it good for vocals and de-emphasized the upper mids and subbass, not quite TOTL resolution like Odin. I liked it. It still in prototype stage getting customer feedback.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #35,120 of 40,582
Yeah, I heard their new prototype monitors at CanJam NYC. It moves slightly off the Empire Ears house sound and elevates the mid and upper bass to make it good for vocals and de-emphasized the upper mids, not quite TOTL resolution like Odin. I liked it. It still in prototype stage getting customer feedback.
I don't know which one you heard or both but after listening to those I found the Odin to be too bright (when ABing), and Odin has been my favourite EE IEM since it released and I was seriously considering a custom. I think I'll wait now :wink:

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #35,121 of 40,582
I don't know which one you heard or both but after listening to those I found the Odin to be too bright (when ABing), and Odin has been my favourite EE IEM since it released and I was seriously considering a custom. I think I'll wait now :wink:
Yeah, that's the lowered upper mids. I use Odin mostly to listen to Classical music which I want to be bright. This new monitor is better for vocals, so the upper mids presentation is not shouty.

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #35,122 of 40,582

IMG_8888.jpg
Finally I am able to enjoy these and Odin. I received the Mojo 2 a couple days ago and the uhd dsp is incredible. A 3db drop at 3khz and a 2db boost at 20k (see Chord manual for implementation). The thing about Watt’s dsp is that the life is not removed by eq’ing.

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #35,123 of 40,582
Finally I am able to enjoy these and Odin. I received the Mojo 2 a couple days ago and the uhd dsp is incredible. A 3db drop at 3khz and a 2db boost at 20k (see Chord manual for implementation). The thing about Watt’s dsp is that the life is not removed by eq’ing.
Agreed. I got to demo it this past weekend and it works very well.

For Odin, you could use all 4 filters. Increase the subbass and bass to EVO left and reduce the upper mids by 2-3 db. If you more air, then add a few db to 20k. Just wish that 20k was more like 12k.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #35,124 of 40,582
I found the perfect DAP for the EVO. I have been listening to it all afternoon and it is perfect. The Cayin N6ii Ti with R01 amp (standard R2R Dac configuration) is the best DAP I've heard with the EVO. I have not once heard any harshness in the upper mids or treble on any track. And, the bass is wide open and magical like it is with DX300 and RS6. The bass is really rumbling and clear. For those of you who have trouble with the upper mids on EVO, I would give this DAP a shot. It has great synergy.

Mar 2, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #35,125 of 40,582
Mar 3, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #35,127 of 40,582
No you are not :ksc75smile:. I would love to see it more on the Odin side for the design. But at the end of the day it has to sound great. But it would be great to choose from 2 or 3 different designs even in an universal version. That woud be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back