Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 22, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #35,101 of 40,581
O

I agree, they can coexist but I feel like the Odin and EVO can also be a great combo. Personally, the EVO and Odin are a better high def / detail pairing and UM doesn’t make bass within the realm of even the lowest tier EE stuff aka Bravado. The LX and Odin work well just like the EVO and LX.

I’ve always prioritized bass as it’s the hardest frequency to master as far as IEM’s are concerned. If bass is the foundation of what you use as a gauge for the impact and feel of real music, EE owns that front. That being said, the LX is a timeless classic that seems to age like fine wine.
Right now I am pairing the LX and Poly/Mojo with 16fs pggb files. It’s like having a pocket mscaler. The LX lush bass and smooth mids pair perfectly. I have a lot of fatigue issues with the EVO mids. The bass is more detailed than LX though. The LX has no faults imho.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #35,103 of 40,581
Have you tried both the Odin and the EVO? How does the fit compare? The Odin is at the threshold that I can tolerate for my small ears
Not sure if the EVO is larger then Odin, definitely a little different shape. I have more average sized ears, I find the EVO shape to be more comfortable against my inner ear. But overall find both fit similar and have a similar width to the ear canal piece. Just seems like EE paid more attention to shape against the ear with the EVO most likely due to the bone driver.

Feb 24, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #35,105 of 40,581
Dropping in real quick. All owed Genesis cables have been fulfilled as of last month so if you still haven't received yours then please let me know your name and the dealer that you purchased it from.

Also be sure to stop and say hey at CanJam NYC this weekend if you're attending! :gs1000smile:
Landed a few hours ago, Zeus kept me company on the plane.

Feb 24, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #35,106 of 40,581
Feb 24, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #35,107 of 40,581
My Zeus is still going strong. With my new AK it's a whole new ballgame. It will never be a basshead's dream, but for those that want clarity, slap a PW 1960 on it and with the right DAP those 28 drivers just sing. I put the AK on Tube mode and listened to a 24 bit Miles' Sketches of Spain and, wow!

Feb 25, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #35,108 of 40,581
Just received Nemesis SE, and I think is one of the most natural signatures from EE.
IMG_20220225_042332.jpg

Feb 25, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #35,109 of 40,581
If anyone happens to be at NYC currently for Canjam or other, I will be in the lobby (8th floor) of the Marriott Marquis with the full line up from Empire Ears for the next hour or two. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join me!

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #35,112 of 40,581
Talking about the size of IEM, I just saw a listing of customized legend x on ebay. I am wondering how could an IEM customized for one person's unique ear channel and shape fit on another person? Will anyone actually buy CIEM without even trying?

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #35,114 of 40,581
Talking about the size of IEM, I just saw a listing of customized legend x on ebay. I am wondering how could an IEM customized for one person's unique ear channel and shape fit on another person? Will anyone actually buy CIEM without even trying?
It’s not impossible but it’s unlikely it’ll fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back