Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 19, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #33,991 of 40,591
I just got back into the fold about a month ago also with a Legend X from @CL14715 his abalone beauty that I adopted for a price. 😎✌🏼🙌🏼
Cool, happy to see people still buying the LX :wink: btw, if it’s not too much to ask, could you please share your impressions with PW Audio’s First Times in the PW Audio thread after you have received it? Thanks in advance! 😊

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #33,992 of 40,591
Cool, happy to see people still buying the LX :wink: btw, if it’s not too much to ask, could you please share your impressions with PW Audio’s First Times in the PW Audio thread after you have received it? Thanks in advance! 😊
Of course I will most definitely do that :) not a problem at all. 🤩

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #33,993 of 40,591
Of course I will most definitely do that :) not a problem at all. 🤩
I’m very curious if First Times has better cable synergy with Evo. I think Genesis is good with Evo, prob most ideal to my ears, amongst my other cables. Personally, nothing thus far surpasses my preferred cable pairing of LX with Stormbreaker/1960s (I even prefer it over 1950s 😝).

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #33,994 of 40,591
Was your three way comparison going to be

Wraith = good
EVO = better
Odin = best

?🤣
You read my mind.

Odin still reigns supreme, but the Evo is close enough to my preferences to knock Wraith down a notch.

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #33,995 of 40,591
You read my mind.

Odin still reigns supreme, but the Evo is close enough to my preferences to knock Wraith down a notch.
I’m super curious now what an Odin EVO would sound like with the weapon X

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #33,996 of 40,591
I’m super curious now what an Odin EVO would sound like with the weapon X
*UM social media has entered the chat*
"REEEE WE CREATED THAT COMBINATION FIRS-"

All jokes aside, given what I've attributed to the WX in Evo. I'm not sure it would fit in with the Odin's sound as it is. Jack and Dean would probably have to work some magic to build on the scalpel that is Odin.

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #33,997 of 40,591
30mins into the evo from headphones.com, and I think I may be listing the odin’s. Definitely lower high’s, but the gains on the low end are incredible. Testing off an n8, but will have n6ii with r01 soon.

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #33,999 of 40,591
Legend Evo or Legend Omega? Mainly listen to vocal but like great bass. Have Legend X.
Is the Legend Omega still available to buy somewhere? Man, that IEM’s a throwback and a half. :D

Oct 20, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #34,000 of 40,591
I’m very curious if First Times has better cable synergy with Evo. I think Genesis is good with Evo, prob most ideal to my ears, amongst my other cables. Personally, nothing thus far surpasses my preferred cable pairing of LX with Stormbreaker/1960s (I even prefer it over 1950s 😝).
My favorite cable for my LX is also my Stormbreaker. I am currently getting it reterminated to Pentaconn 4.4mm. Can't wait to get it back.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #34,001 of 40,591
Actually, I wanted to sell the X again.
I lacked clarity in the highs and substance in the midrange.

Yesterday while packing up I got the idea to try out the final tips.
I haven't liked them a single time in the past, but this time I've heard of them again because Empire Ears only included this model.
It was a big mistake to immediately use the JVC spiral dot tips.
Because the Legend X sounds much better with the Final E.
I still can't believe how much positive the E-Type can do.
I will provide a detailed description.

In any case, I wanted to tell this little story to remind others that even old hands can make beginner mistakes...

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #34,002 of 40,591

I haven't liked them a single time in the past, but this time I've heard of them again because Empire Ears only included this model.

In any case, I wanted to tell this little story to remind others that even old hands can make beginner mistakes...
You should check out the LX with Acoustune AET07 tips too.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #34,003 of 40,591

Well you gave me an idea. I took out my Final E tips out of the tackle box and put them on EVO. Final E rarely gets a seal for me. But they did on EVO. But the sound change did not work for me. Took away some of the 3D bass magic. Back to Azla Edna Eizel Oozing Sedna Ayrtin Senna Regular Short tips.

But then I had another idea: try Final E on my LXSE IEMs. Well Holy Batboy. That did it! Brought more clarity that I like and they brought the mids/vocals a little forward which I like. And the bass kept the normal magic. Now I need to think over if I want to still sell them :).

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #34,005 of 40,591
DSC0632310.jpg

After some cable/tips rolling, my preference goes to EA Centurion Black & Gold with JVC spiral dot ++
But I guess my brain is influenced as the combo looks stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back