Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #30,271 of 40,606
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #30,272 of 40,606
Jun 26, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #30,273 of 40,606
Jun 27, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #30,274 of 40,606
Does anyone pair PWA Athena 8C with Hero or another EE?
I didn’t find reviews

9EB02EB3-C455-4F5E-A512-6D875F1400F3.jpeg

Jun 27, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #30,275 of 40,606
Just found this thread, lots of good info here for me. Looking for a on-the-go IEMs have B&W C5 but want to step up in sound quality.
My problem with the C5 is that I can hear my own breathing inside my head like Darth Wader when using them. Are the higher quality IEM's better here?

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #30,276 of 40,606
Just found this thread, lots of good info here for me. Looking for a on-the-go IEMs have B&W C5 but want to step up in sound quality.
My problem with the C5 is that I can hear my own breathing inside my head like Darth Wader when using them. Are the higher quality IEM's better here?
Yes. Nothing like that here.

Sometimes though, people subconsciously breathe louder when their ears are isolated from sound.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #30,277 of 40,606
I do hear myself on a quite place when using IEMs that fully seals.

Can't even think about eat with IEMs. Bone conduction of the mouth sound is higher than the IEM sound. lol

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #30,278 of 40,606
I do hear me on a quite place when using IEMs that fully seals.

Can't even think about eat with IEMs. Bone conduction of the mouth sound is higher than the IEM sound. lol
Agreed, IEMs with a good seal means isolation and hearing yourself breathe. Eating or chewing gum are definite no-go's! That's what headphones are for! Can't go without music... :)

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #30,280 of 40,606
So, I thought about it the other day… I figured the LX is probably my favorite IEM. It’s not technically better than say Traillii but it’s damn good and more fun so to speak. That being said, I wondered what I would change about the LX if I could to either retune it or bump the specs.. curious what others think as well. What would be your ideal LX MKII if there was ever one?

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #30,281 of 40,606
So, I thought about it the other day… I figured the LX is probably my favorite IEM. It’s not technically better than say Traillii but it’s damn good and more fun so to speak. That being said, I wondered what I would change about the LX if I could to either retune it or bump the specs.. curious what others think as well. What would be your ideal LX MKII if there was ever one?

Odin subbass extension/speed with a touch more warmth and fun-factor impact in midbass + LX lush mids boosted with refined technicality/clarity + LX’s darker treble but again boosted with refined technicality and clarity.

Even larger staging (width especially, depth for sure and maybe some height for fun) is key to pull off the LX Mk2’s darker, thicker sound.

Basically a warmer/darker Traillii (bass through lower mids with treble sparkle contrasting darker sig) with controlled DD😍

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #30,282 of 40,606
I wouldn't change a *&%*$#@ thing mate! :sunglasses:

But ok, for the purpose of the exercise:

1. Tweak stage size/depth upward without impacting tonality (and to be clear, it's already plenty big)
2. Tweak midrange clarity without impacting tonality (and to be clear, it's already plenty clear)
3. Try out dual XI+ drivers without impacting tonality (and if they impact tonality, toss them)
4. Try out e-stats in place of treble BAs without impacting tonality (maybe a hair more extension with added smoothness but not more quantity)
5. KEEP THE SAME SHELL SIZE (don't give me no Odin-sized LX II)
6. Recessed 2-pin sockets could be visually appealing but don't touch the all-black gold-winged finish.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #30,283 of 40,606
Seriously…. do not change the LX. It will only become an Odin junior. A better cable such as a bundled Stormbreaker maybe.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #30,284 of 40,606
I wouldn't change a *&%*$#@ thing mate! :sunglasses:

But ok, for the purpose of the exercise:

1. Tweak stage size/depth upward without impacting tonality (and to be clear, it's already plenty big)
2. Tweak midrange clarity without impacting tonality (and to be clear, it's already plenty clear)
3. Try out dual XI+ drivers without impacting tonality (and if they impact tonality, toss them)
4. Try out e-stats in place of treble BAs without impacting tonality (maybe a hair more extension with added smoothness but not more quantity)
5. KEEP THE SAME SHELL SIZE (don't give me no Odin-sized LX II)
6. Recessed 2-pin sockets could be visually appealing but don't touch the all-black gold-winged finish.
Don't forget the most important bit:

7. Keep the price the same... or very reasonable, at least. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back