Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #2,986 of 40,658
No as I don't want thr sound signature changed at all because it's what I've been looking for so long... It's my end game. I do however prefer Zeus R to some tracks

I think you'll regret not waiting for ADEL, just sayin. Do you really want that "I wonder" voice in your head when people will say the soundstage is larger, overall sound more natrual, fatigue non existant, separation improved as well as bass(dud to ADEL)? I waited until ADEL was released before I bought ciem's, remember too, that (As far as we know), you'll be Ble yo use any modules you purchase with any ADEL compatible IEM.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2,987 of 40,658
No as I don't want thr sound signature changed at all because it's what I've been looking for so long... It's my end game. I do however prefer Zeus R to some tracks

Jack knows he has a good thing going with Zeus. No way he will change the signature, he will account for the adel. If anything, the adel should improve soundstage, instrument separation, and bass. Just how adel works.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,988 of 40,658
I think you'll regret not waiting for ADEL, just sayin. Do you really want that "I wonder" voice in your head when people will say the soundstage is larger, overall sound more natrual, fatigue non existant, separation improved as well as bass(dud to ADEL)? I waited until ADEL was released before I bought ciem's, remember too, that (As far as we know), you'll be Ble yo use any modules you purchase with any ADEL compatible IEM.

Yeah, I'm just hoping production isn't months and months down the road. 
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #2,989 of 40,658
Spoke to DJ at EE a while back. ADEL version of the Zeus is still in the prototyping stage and the chances of seeing a demo unit at the RMAF Canjam is pretty slim. He said it should be ready by the Audio Show in January. I think he was referring to the NAMM.

ADEL versions of other IEMs might be available at RMAF Canjam, but he couldn't promise anything at this time though.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,992 of 40,658
  Spoke to DJ at EE a while back. ADEL version of the Zeus is still in the prototyping stage and the chances of seeing a demo unit at the RMAF Canjam is pretty slim. He said it should be ready by the Audio Show in January. I think he was referring to the NAMM.

ADEL versions of other IEMs might be available at RMAF Canjam, but he couldn't promise anything at this time though.

2 hours sleep a night, that should leave him around 350 hours to have one ready. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,994 of 40,658

But can you see this:

Now, bow down or suffer my wrath...

I dont think so. With a join date of 2015 you are still a noob in my book.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,995 of 40,658

I've listen to 1964 12 driver on adel and I listened to 1964 non adel models and I preferred the non adel models, I didn't find the insignificant (to me) increase in Soundstage beneficial. To me clarity, resolution and forward sound is the most important, to me adel in 1964 line didn't impress me.

Zeus 14 did impress, heavily, unlike anything I've yet heard. I prefer it to many many high end full size headphone and so did Zeus R(for certain tracks)

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #2,996 of 40,658
I've listen to 1964 12 driver on adel and I listened to 1964 non adel models and I preferred the non adel models, I didn't find the insignificant (to me) increase in Soundstage beneficial. To me clarity, resolution and forward sound is the most important, to me adel in 1964 line didn't impress me.

Zeus 14 did impress, heavily, unlike anything I've yet heard. I prefer it to many many high end full size headphone and so did Zeus R(for certain tracks)

That's what it is all about. Glad you found what you were looking for!

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,999 of 40,658
What a mean thing to say..

What makes it worse is you are in Austin LOL. Sorry Just moved up from Texas not too long ago. The hipsters and liberals are destroying Austin LOL. I do miss the Texas head-fi meets and wish I could have been there for the past Austin meet, but life has a way of throwing a wrench into plans. But as revenge I am surrounded by wanna be hipsters in Asheville NC

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #3,000 of 40,658
HIFIMAN's new MegaMini and Zeus Remastered: not a bad combo for the DAP's current price of $199 on Indegogo. Very very low hiss as well when music is on pause. Hopefully a few issues/quirks will be ironed out in a future firmware update, but the sound is adequately satisfactory for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back