Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 29, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #29,806 of 40,600
Just wrap the cable around iems and throw it in a picket with keys.

At least you will have custom face plates eventually😄

Talking about scratches, has anyone ever managed to scratch that EE laquer?
I mean i wear my LX every day for almost a year now and not a sign lol. Yes i am looking after them. I dont even let the hang on my neck to rub against each other lol. But still a year of use is a year of use, especially when i use them at work, while commuting and when around in a city, and they are like new.

Really impressed.
I once scratched up my Phantom’s a bit when I tried cleaning them with kitchen roll. I wasn’t aware they were slightly abrasive. But, they were due for a refit anyway, so it ended up being fine in the end. We’ve come a very long way with IEM lacquers. No longer do they yellow over time or scratch with every ding. It’s an advancement that’s rarely talked about, but it contributes to the final product massively.

May 29, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #29,807 of 40,600
I'd also be interested in that one.

I just ordered this for on the road:

1622285372495.jpeg1622285413395.jpeg

This is what I use at home:

C1C4B313-B358-4C8B-9DA1-6FD7A4BE0F5A.jpegCBEBC424-5145-4752-914A-A3776B7F725C.jpeg
I have one of these (the Miter case). Very nicely made, but they don't hold larger DAPs and the IEM cavities are fine if you have thin cables, but too small for thicker cables. YMMV, but if everything fits it's a great case.
Just wrap the cable around iems and throw it in a picket with keys.

At least you will have custom face plates eventually😄

Talking about scratches, has anyone ever managed to scratch that EE laquer?
I mean i wear my LX every day for almost a year now and not a sign lol. Yes i am looking after them. I dont even let the hang on my neck to rub against each other lol. But still a year of use is a year of use, especially when i use them at work, while commuting and when around in a city, and they are like new.

Really impressed.
I'm super careful with mine (hence CA pouch and pick case and never taking them outside). I bought mine used with the lacquer peeling. @Jack Vang was an absolute star with personally servicing it to new for me, and they've been flawless ever since. Just look after them and they should last many years, but if there's ever an issue EE can fix them without hassle.

May 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #29,808 of 40,600
I once scratched up my Phantom’s a bit when I tried cleaning them with kitchen roll. I wasn’t aware they were slightly abrasive. But, they were due for a refit anyway, so it ended up being fine in the end. We’ve come a very long way with IEM lacquers. No longer do they yellow over time or scratch with every ding. It’s an advancement that’s rarely talked about, but it contributes to the final product massively.
I had a unique melody custom snap in my ear when removing! It was more than a year after purchase so they said too bad for me. It miraculously holds together with crazy glue and I am very delicate when removing it. It did crack a second time where the glue is holding it together but I touched up with more glue. Now the other side is starting to crack. I’m lucky nothing fell into my ear. In a way it turned out to be a good thing, the damaged ear pieces was my excuse to by a Valkyrie universal (I think I’m done with customs!).

May 29, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #29,809 of 40,600
I had a unique melody custom snap in my ear when removing! It was more than a year after purchase so they said too bad for me. It miraculously holds together with crazy glue and I am very delicate when removing it. It did crack a second time where the glue is holding it together but I touched up with more glue. Now the other side is starting to crack. I’m lucky nothing fell into my ear. In a way it turned out to be a good thing, the damaged ear pieces was my excuse to by a Valkyrie universal (I think I’m done with customs!).
Bondic Liquid Plastic works well for CIEM/resin repairs. I once used it to repair a universal IEM (not EE) in which the nozzle had completely broken off leaving the sound tubes exposed. I layered the material until I had made a new nozzle.

May 29, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #29,811 of 40,600

if you like the sound , maybe someone can do a 3rd party reshell ?

or is it too much hassle (and buying something new is more exciting) ?

May 29, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #29,812 of 40,600
Indeed, UM's cases are made by Dignis as well. I love the Arca, but I'm not the biggest fan of the diamond-shaped pocket sewn in the middle. If you're using a thick, aftermarket cable, you have to coil them pretty tight to get them to fit. But, if you're using one of EE's stock cables from Effect Audio, then it should fit just fine.
You can fold that diamond and make a single side to separate the IEMs only. But… yeah… even doing that, for thick cables will be tight.
With the Dignis Arca cases I have, the diamond center insert is velcro'd on the sides and is removable, plus it's not the full height of the case - the divider is about two-thirds the height of the case and I'm able to put the cable of top. I'm able to fit a pair of EE CIEMs, an EA Leo II Octa, and the EA AKA balanced adapter in the case with no issues and no strain on the connections.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #29,813 of 40,600
Dang, that’s pretty wild. :D That shouldn’t happen even after several years of (normal) use, so it’s very possible they made your shells too thin. But, then again, any excuse to get a killer IEM is a good one. :wink:

With the Dignis Arca cases I have, the diamond center insert is velcro'd on the sides and is removable, plus it's not the full height of the case - the divider is about two-thirds the height of the case and I'm able to put the cable of top. I'm able to fit a pair of EE CIEMs, an EA Leo II Octa, and the EA AKA balanced adapter in the case with no issues and no strain on the connections.
I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the input! :)

May 29, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #29,814 of 40,600
Dang, that’s pretty wild. :D That shouldn’t happen even after several years of (normal) use, so it’s very possible they made your shells too thin. But, then again, any excuse to get a killer IEM is a good one. :wink:

I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the input! :)
I'll admit that when I first had the case, I thought it was stitched in as the the velcro is stronger that other items.

May 29, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #29,815 of 40,600
Jim, where do you buy those in the US?
or did you order from their website, shipped from Korea?

May 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #29,816 of 40,600
Jim, where do you buy those in the US?
or did you order from their website, shipped from Korea?
I ordered directly from Dignis in Korea. Shipping prices were high, so I did buy a few things at the time since I couldn't find them in the US. When I checked the site this morning and posted the link, Dignis was out of stock for the Arca case. I also have a Dignis case for my SP1KM, and it's a great case. Like many things in this hobby, it's expensive but worth it.

Hope you're doing well. Looking forward to CanJam SoCal later this year.

May 29, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #29,817 of 40,600
May 29, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #29,819 of 40,600
Indeed, UM's cases are made by Dignis as well. I love the Arca, but I'm not the biggest fan of the diamond-shaped pocket sewn in the middle. If you're using a thick, aftermarket cable, you have to coil them pretty tight to get them to fit. But, if you're using one of EE's stock cables from Effect Audio, then it should fit just fine.
The case is made so that the cable is rolled up and placed on top. I have a 1950’s on a pair of IEM’s and it easily fits this way. This gives you the full width and length of the case to roll the cable up and it will still easily zipper shut. Tks.

May 29, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #29,820 of 40,600
I ordered directly from Dignis in Korea. Shipping prices were high, so I did buy a few things at the time since I couldn't find them in the US. When I checked the site this morning and posted the link, Dignis was out of stock for the Arca case. I also have a Dignis case for my SP1KM, and it's a great case. Like many things in this hobby, it's expensive but worth it.

Hope you're doing well. Looking forward to CanJam SoCal later this year.
Moon Audio carries the case in the US. They are better to deal with. Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back