Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 11, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #2,793 of 40,656
  A couple years ago I had Shure SE535 and an iPod Classic 5.5 and I didn't think it could get much better...now I chill with Zeus at the top of Mt. Olympus.

Holy crap. 
blink.gif

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,798 of 40,656

Using something like this? Would be the only way to make that whole gargantuan stack anything near "portable". 
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of something much more simple, something like Tardis Technology for the pockets :p

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #2,800 of 40,656
I've seen that monster stack before...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4875#post_12523476

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #2,801 of 40,656
  With the way that rig probably sounds I doubt portability even comes to mind. Has to sound just amazing but costs more than my car is worth. 

This combo w/Zeus-R sounds unreal. I get such enjoyment listening to music in the evening after work,...it's actually therapeutic and so I feel like it's money well spent.

What I'm listening with now represents a few years of hit and miss (money lost) with so-so IEM's, DAP's, DAC's and amps...with this set-up, I feel like I condensed a warehouse full of not bad but average beer, into a few bottles of really nice liquor.

I feel like SoundEq,...got tired of not being fully satisfied with quite a few 'TOTL' IEM's, selling for a loss trying to recoup some $ to try the next 'best' piece of gear.

No, I can't fit this combination into my pocket but I can move it around the house. 
etysmile.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2,802 of 40,656
  This combo w/Zeus-R sounds unreal. I get such enjoyment listening to music in the evening after work,...it's actually therapeutic and so I feel like it's money well spent.

What I'm listening with now represents a few years of hit and miss (money lost) with so-so IEM's, DAP's, DAC's and amps...with this set-up, I feel like I condensed a warehouse full of not bad but average beer, into a few bottles of really nice liquor.

I feel like SoundEq,...got tired of not being fully satisfied with quite a few 'TOTL' IEM's, selling for a loss trying to recoup some $ to try the next 'best' piece of gear.

No, I can't fit this combination into my pocket but I can move it around the house. 
etysmile.gif

Don't doubt it sounds fantastic and looks fantastic. Portability who cares with the way it probably sounds. I've done the same thing and thinned the herd several times, especially with over/on ears. Just got to a point in life where simple works just fine. Same thing with vehicles and boats in my life but I am 58.  

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #2,803 of 40,656

etysmile.gif

What cable are you using on the Zeus?

Sep 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #2,805 of 40,656
  I've seen that monster stack before...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4875#post_12523476

I saw a really huge stack when I was in Tokyo in November. Amazingly, the guy had a custom-built bag for the whole thing. He had like 6 amps put together.. and a really big headphone (a Final Audio, if I'm not mistaken). 
blink.gif

For me, my Zeus and Mojo are all I need for portable music bliss. Of course, those gems and a transport (DAP). Not very small, either, but still, anything for great sound. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back