Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 23, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #27,106 of 40,607
Can anyone compare the Legend X with MDR Z1R?
Which has a more neutral, balanced sound with deeper bass and wider soundstage? I know they are different, IEMs Vs headphones.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the LX doesn’t peak in the frequency range were artifacts and static / noise are amplified like on the MDR. LX has better bass and overall better sound.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #27,112 of 40,607
How is possible for an IEM to sound better then a full size headphone?
Yeah not too difficult actually. But you're not really comparing 1:1 because full size headphones can physically do what IEMs can't, and vice versa. The IEMs I use now (including LX) sound better than any headphone I've owned previously, and that includes the HD800 and ZMF Auteur/Atticus. Factor in the portability factor and that you don't need several boxes to drive them properly and (for me anyway) there's no contest. Depending on your use case and budget, YMMV.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #27,113 of 40,607
Is anyone able to compare the mids on the Odin to that of the VE Elysium? I am aware the the Elysium is famed for this area so I want to try and find out if the Odin equals or betters them.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #27,115 of 40,607
Looks like Valkyrie MKII loses the ultra low profile of the original Valkyrie.
that used to be a Plus for me as well.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #27,117 of 40,607
Is anyone able to compare the mids on the Odin to that of the VE Elysium? I am aware the the Elysium is famed for this area so I want to try and find out if the Odin equals or betters them.
Elysium’s mids are more linear compared to Odin’s upper mid-range bump. I also find Ely’s mids more “organic” with more weight, especially when it comes to textured instruments and voices.

Odin’s mids are a bit more dry versus Ely’s “sweeter” or “wetter” mids. Odin wins in surgical precision and layering of instruments/voices versus Ely in mids.

That being said, Ely’s mids are not aggressive or even too forward. Middle of mix, just have their own unique way of encaptivating you with the emotion it portrays.

Both excellent in their own ways and depending on preferences.

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #27,119 of 40,607
I would really love to get my hands again on Odin now when i have R8.
I think their tuning would be perfect synergy.

Anyone owns this synergy here?
Had it briefly and it was indeed excellent. Incredible staging and micro detail. MSEB helped with midbass slam a bit too :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back