Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 25, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #27,136 of 40,587
Looks like Valkyrie MKII loses the ultra low profile of the original Valkyrie.
I have said in earlier posts, the Valk II utilizes the ODIN shell. So as goes ODIN fit goes MKII

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #27,139 of 40,587
Just tried the Labkable Samurai III on the LX and I've got to say it's pretty impressive. It outperforms my X8 silver + Gold in resolution and makes it sound more three-dimensional. It's annoyed me little because I had bought it for use with my incoming VE8 universal haha which I think it will make a great pairing with. The X8 Silver + Gold does have more bass rumble and more present highs however but the Samurai III makes the LX more balanced and refined sounding. Brings the mids to life a little more!... Going to have to start hunting for another now haha.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #27,140 of 40,587
Just tried the Labkable Samurai III on the LX and I've got to say it's pretty impressive. It outperforms my X8 silver + Gold in resolution and makes it sound more three-dimensional. It's annoyed me little because I had bought it for use with my incoming VE8 universal haha which I think it will make a great pairing with. The X8 Silver + Gold does have more bass rumble and more present highs however but the Samurai III makes the LX more balanced and refined sounding. Brings the mids to life a little more!... Going to have to start hunting for another now haha.
Can you post a picture of the Labkable Samurai III ? I’m always interested in cables to go with the LX.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #27,141 of 40,587
Can you post a picture of the Labkable Samurai III ? I’m always interested in cables to go with the LX.

Not my photo but this is what it looks like. Quite understated but I like it’s look... sounds pretty damn good too

Attachments

• 514C0EBC-E4C8-41E4-AAA6-645069A3A9AD.jpeg
    514C0EBC-E4C8-41E4-AAA6-645069A3A9AD.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #27,142 of 40,587
Not my photo but this is what it looks like. Quite understated but I like it’s look... sounds pretty damn good too
The wires look amazing and im sure it is top notch quality. But those carbon terminations are just asking to be thrown into blender. I cant believe someone cant make their own terminations designed for 800 buck cable.
And im sure it also has cheap plastc sleeving sticing out from terminations.

If not for wire thickness i would think its aliexpress cable for 18 bucks.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #27,143 of 40,587
I wonder if the addition of the estats in the MKIIs necessitated the use of the Odin shell.

Personally the Odin shell is the best fitting iteration for me from Empire, and we've seen Zeus made with the newer non Olympus shells as well.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #27,144 of 40,587
Anyone compared the tia fourte to the Odin? Are they very similar or very different? Strengths/weaknesses for both?

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #27,145 of 40,587
I wonder if the addition of the estats in the MKIIs necessitated the use of the Odin shell.

Personally the Odin shell is the best fitting iteration for me from Empire, and we've seen Zeus made with the newer non Olympus shells as well.

Perhaps, it's just to ease and streamline the production line, so they won't have to worry about fabricating a different type of shell for every model.

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #27,146 of 40,587
The wires look amazing and im sure it is top notch quality. But those carbon terminations are just asking to be thrown into blender. I cant believe someone cant make their own terminations designed for 800 buck cable.
And im sure it also has cheap plastc sleeving sticing out from terminations.

If not for wire thickness i would think its aliexpress cable for 18 bucks.
I have the 2.5mm termination which is actually pretty swanky. Feels solid and it’s textured + I haven’t seen this hardware on any other cable. The Y-split is carbon which looks to be a proprietary design with the Labkable branding on it. Either way, I don’t really put much stock into how it looks, Im more concerned with how it performs.... and it performs alright ... to a noticeably higher degree than my 550 quid (Black Friday) X8 silver + gold. The fact that I got it for less than half the price of the aforementioned cable adds further salt to the wound.

Attachments

• CB56EF62-10C0-4ADF-847F-E08D35565296.jpeg
    CB56EF62-10C0-4ADF-847F-E08D35565296.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • CB7FC544-BB4C-4CD9-8D37-AA3C9F208925.png
    CB7FC544-BB4C-4CD9-8D37-AA3C9F208925.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #27,147 of 40,587
I have the 2.5mm termination which is actually pretty swanky. Feels solid and it’s textured + I haven’t seen this hardware on any other cable. The Y-split is a carbon design which looks to be a proprietary design with the Labkable branding on it. Either way, I don’t really put much stock into how it looks, Im more concerned with how it performs.... and it performs alright ... to a noticeably higher degree than my 550 quid (Black Friday) X8 silver + gold. The fact that I got it for half the price of the aforementioned cable also adds insult to injury.
Sorry i did not mean to throw it at you. It was how in general i feel about cable companies not insvesting to be unique apart from few that give you extensive choice. And yes looks is not main factor. If i had a chance to hear a cable that does improve my iem performance significantly, i would consider it regardless of looks.
But when i see cables costing over 1k and see plastic ugly bits sticking out of terminations and the terminations that are ordered off the shelf along with other aliexpress merchants..
I mean you dont believe they are so tight on build cost that they cant order their own for what 20p each in china for bulk quantity? Its not like it take 40 years of R&D

Going back to this cable yes the jack termination looks unique. But 2 pint and splitter are the most commonly used terminations and its harder to find cable not using it than one that does.

Ofc im sure there are people who like it. But i think they should at least give you some choice.

I mean cable will nottransform your iems sound fundamentally. So when throwing 800+ for a piece of wire, why not increase youre swagger rating while listening with unique cable combo
I just wanted to express my irrelevant opinion in this extremely relevant matter😁

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #27,148 of 40,587
Sorry i did not mean to throw it at you. It was how in general i feel about cable companies not insvesting to be unique apart from few that give you extensive choice. And yes looks is not main factor. If i had a chance to hear a cable that does improve my iem performance significantly, i would consider it regardless of looks.
But when i see cables costing over 1k and see plastic ugly bits sticking out of terminations and the terminations that are ordered off the shelf along with other aliexpress merchants..
I mean you dont believe they are so tight on build cost that they cant order their own for what 20p each in china for bulk quantity? Its not like it take 40 years of R&D

Going back to this cable yes the jack termination looks unique. But 2 pint and splitter are the most commonly used terminations and its harder to find cable not using it than one that does.

Ofc im sure there are people who like it. But i think they should at least give you some choice.

I mean cable will nottransform your iems sound fundamentally. So when throwing 800+ for a piece of wire, why not increase youre swagger rating while listening with unique cable combo
I just wanted to express my irrelevant opinion in this extremely relevant matter😁
No I get what you’re saying and I’m of the same opinion. That’s why I tend to like PlusSound’s stuff so much. It’s distinctive, customisable and seems high quality (touch wood). I even think that within a brand the hardware should change when going up the product tiers. For example, going from a Thor silver 2 in Effect audio’s premium line to the Leonidas II in their heritage line should bring with it completely different hardware and not only a different Y-splitter. At this price point I really don’t see an excuse not to.

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #27,149 of 40,587
Ordered Bravado MK II. Will be comparing to my Volt. Not that my impressions are particularly noteworthy or reliable but, hey, I’m curious!?!
@morndewey I bet Bravado Mk2 is bassier than Volt and maybe Volt is thicker on mids, am i wrong?
I'm looking at Bravado MK2 and ESR Mk2 and i own Volt also, and others (look at my signature)
Bravado MK2 calls me for funny bass, but reading Crinacle feedback... he says Bravado Mk2 has recessed mids, instead Audiolochese says Bravado Mk2 has thicker mids than Valkyrie Mk2
https://crinacle.com/2020/08/09/sneak-peek-empire-ears-2020-lineup/
https://www.theaudiolocheese.com/post/impression-empire-ears-new-releases
Different point of view...

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #27,150 of 40,587
How is ESR MK2?
Dunno if buy Bravado Mk2 or ESR MK2.

My IEMs: iBasso IT07, Penon Volt, IMR PB2, IMR Opus Mia, Reecho Insects Awaken, (FS) Shanling ME500 Platinum , Ikko OH-10
My Sources: Shanling M8 and M6 Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back