Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #25,336 of 40,587
I did but that appears to be a dead end.

Full disclosure: the IEMs in question are the Massdrop EE Zeus--EE doesn't consider them to be an EE product, so they won't service them, unfortunately.

I asked if they had any recommendations for repairs and they said they didn't know anyone who could work on them which is why I'm hoping someone here can recommend someone or some small business :)

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #25,337 of 40,587

Full disclosure: the IEMs in question are the Massdrop EE Zeus--EE doesn't consider them to be an EE product, so they won't service them, unfortunately.

I asked if they had any recommendations for repairs and they said they didn't know anyone who could work on them which is why I'm hoping someone here can recommend someone or some small business :)

itsfit Lab have experience reshelling MD Zeus’s, though I don’t know whether or not they’d be willing to do repairs. I’m assuming the Singaporean options you’re referring to are FatFreq.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #25,340 of 40,587

Anyone know the rationale behind EE saying it is not their product even though they make it? This just sounds wrong to me.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #25,341 of 40,587
Anyone know the rationale behind EE saying it is not their product even though they make it? This just sounds wrong to me.
I would assume that EE entered a deal more or less dictated by massdrop. Massdrop will use companies as a means to produce a requested product or hyped one. I’m sure many complained about the Zeus being out of production and massdrop approached EE saying there was a market for X amount of units based on requests for a collab. EE says ok we’ll make you whatever is agreed upon but it’s your dealing to market, sell and manage logistically. If you buy a Chevy and it goes bad, you deal with Chevy... even though it’s made by General Motors. I’d be willing to bet it’s that type of thing.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #25,342 of 40,587
We’ll probably never know the full reason. EE has always stood behind their products and they have a great history of after-sales service; I’m sure this is something that would have been worked out in their contract with DROP & they are prevented from commenting any further on it.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #25,343 of 40,587
Isn't legally required for a company to offer service to a product after sale for a certain time? Even being a Massdrop product, Massdrop should deal with the service requests.

Aside from that the companies I know are in Europe (Custom Art) and Asia (itsfit).

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #25,344 of 40,587
Isn't legally required for a company to offer service to a product after sale for a certain time? Even being a Massdrop product, Massdrop should deal with the service requests.

Aside from that the companies I know are in Europe (Custom Art) and Asia (itsfit).

Custom Art don’t do third-party reshells/repairs anymore. An alternative in Europe would be Ambient Acoustics.

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #25,346 of 40,587
That seems to be the sticking point--they don't consider the Massdrop Zeus to be an Empire Ears product, but, rather, a Massdrop product made by Empire Ears, thus my conundrum.

That is common. A couple of other examples:

• JH Audio makes IEMs for Astell & Kern. JH Audio will not touch those IEMs as they must go through Astell & Kern for service.
  • Focal bundled a QP2R with their Utopia and for service, Questyle won't touch it. Owners have to go through Focal for service.
It appears as if Empire Ears is doing the same thing with Massdrop.

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #25,347 of 40,587
I have found that EE is as good as any company in getting back to me when I had an issue. They worked with me 100% and you could tell they cared. If they haven't gotten back, I'm sure there is a good reason for it. They monitor this site, so I'm sure they will see it.

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #25,348 of 40,587
Yeah, I was picking up a little bit of a sour vibe between Massdrop and Empire Ears based on emails that I received from EE. Probably completely justifiable, but I'd have steered clear if I knew that they were considered grey market (for a lack of better terminology) by the folks who manufactured them.

I've reached out to Ambient Acoustics, hoping to hear back. Appreciate the suggestion :)

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #25,350 of 40,587

I would assume that EE entered a deal more or less dictated by massdrop. Massdrop will use companies as a means to produce a requested product or hyped one. I’m sure many complained about the Zeus being out of production and massdrop approached EE saying there was a market for X amount of units based on requests for a collab. EE says ok we’ll make you whatever is agreed upon but it’s your dealing to market, sell and manage logistically. If you buy a Chevy and it goes bad, you deal with Chevy... even though it’s made by General Motors. I’d be willing to bet it’s that type of thing.

CL is correct. MD is pretty strict about the way they do business. So long as you go through MD they'll just send it to us.

Hello EVERYONE

5 days ago i sent the earphones to the US for the service due faceplate sticker was out i
paid 30$ shipping and as Empire Ears said i need to pay again addditional 75$ for their shipping, i have sent them the track# 5 days ago but stiill not get any response, i re-sent it 3 days ago again but still NO ANSWER!
whats is wrong with that company?
Earphones cost 3500$ and they are not able to answer during 48 i needed to double my letters AND THEY ARE NOT RESPONSE!!!

p.s. I DONT ASK EVERYONE TO LEAVE THEIR MESSAGES ABOUT HOW GOOD IS THIS COMPANY DONT FLOOD

A good starting place is letting me know your name and tracking number via PM. I'm happy to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back