Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #22,232 of 40,591
As far as foams go, Marshmallows are best for me. They have the least foamy sound i have heard. Still not silicons of course, but not far off.

As for silicones. Final-e, while do not mess up tonality and sound good, they do reduce soundstage. Wide bore is your friend to cure that. for warmer iems especially. So Sednas, Whirlwinds and Spiral dots are my suggestion.

After roaming around various IEM threads recently, and discussing tips. it seems Azla Sednas are one of most popular all rounders.
RHA tips are often overlooked. A good wider bore and a variety of subtle shape differences.

For better or worse, the standard RHA tips “don’t do anything wrong”. I’d probably pick the RHA over the super-soft ‘Horns’ and harder Stars or Whirlwinds all the time.

Final E-Type, Spiral Dot, Sony Hybrid, SpinFit, Symbio, (4 “S”-branded tips in a row?!?) and Original UE depends much more on application while the RHA seems to just be “less fuss”. Roll away .. your own way :D

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #22,233 of 40,591
Our full review of the Wraith is up with comparisons to a few new quad-electrostatic monitors such as the AAW Halcyon and WAVAYA's Octa.

https://headfonics.com/empire-ears-wraith-review/

1596021151876.png

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #22,234 of 40,591
RHA tips are often overlooked. A good wider bore and a variety of subtle shape differences.

For better or worse, the standard RHA tips “don’t do anything wrong”. I’d probably pick the RHA over the super-soft ‘Horns’ and harder Stars or Whirlwinds all the time.

Final E-Type, Spiral Dot, Sony Hybrid, SpinFit, Symbio, (4 “S”-branded tips in a row?!?) and Original UE depends much more on application while the RHA seems to just be “less fuss”. Roll away .. your own way :D
The stock CL2 tips are awesome.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #22,235 of 40,591

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the announcement will be postponed until 8-3-2020 due to some technical difficulties. I apologize for any inconveniences and greatly appreciate the enthusiasm shared in this thread. Trying our best to provide you all with the best content we can :) In the meantime i'd like to inform you all that

ODIN will not be joining the battlefield alone

Hero_Box (1404 x 936).jpg

I believe at it's price point Hero may be our most competitive model yet with DNA derived from two of our most popular flagships.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #22,236 of 40,591
You guys talking about being quiet in here like the calm before the storm :) I wish I could share more pictures, but gotta follow the rules of gag order. A few people messaged me, joking about me being a prick with those "golden" signature cover shots. That was all I was allowed to share, and put a fun spin on it.

I know, this is not much, but at least something, Odin with Xelastec tips (and the file name is random, so don't read too much into it).

my first true flagship was with Empire Ears Zeus R, and its time to come back to Empire Ears, and I liked it so much I wrote a simple review

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/empire-ears-zeus.21097/reviews#item-review-16600

I loved how it sounded and I adored how it looked as I chose the shells and face plate. So stupid of me to have it let go

I have high hopes for Odin> I postponed all my other potential item interests to get more info about ODIN and Hero

Listening now to Coming back to you - Leonard Cohen

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #22,237 of 40,591

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the announcement will be postponed until 8-3-2020 due to some technical difficulties. I apologize for any inconveniences and greatly appreciate the enthusiasm share in this thread. Trying our best to provide you all with the best content we can :) In the meantime i'd like to inform you all that

I believe at it's price point Hero may be our most competitive model yet with DNA derived from two of our most popular flagships.

Wow, did not expect this. You Rock

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #22,238 of 40,591

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the announcement will be postponed until 8-3-2020 due to some technical difficulties. I apologize for any inconveniences and greatly appreciate the enthusiasm share in this thread. Trying our best to provide you all with the best content we can :) In the meantime i'd like to inform you all that

This one was definitely under the radar. I do not recall any rumors about it. Well done! Most popular flagships would be Zeus, Phantom and Legend X unless you are counting Wraith instead of Phantom, but I doubt it is as popular as Zeus, Legend X or Phantom due to price. @twister6, did you know about HERO and do you have a review sample of it yet?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #22,239 of 40,591

Looking forward to the official announcements! These are going to be great!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #22,241 of 40,591
I heard at Canjam that Empire was coming out with a whole new line this year, so prepare yourself. More will be coming no doubt!

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #22,244 of 40,591
This one was definitely under the radar. I do not recall any rumors about it. Well done! Most popular flagships would be Zeus, Phantom and Legend X unless you are counting Wraith instead of Phantom, but I doubt it is as popular as Zeus, Legend X or Phantom due to price. @twister6, did you know about HERO and do you have a review sample of it yet?

when I read your reply, the first thing that popped into my head was

1596050528245.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back